119 replies to this topic

#21 cemo76

cemo76

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Poker And Sports

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:52 AM

Hey Ohen,You make some very valid points. I too am from Turkey, and I canrelate to every thing you said. I don't Understand Why Daniel went off on this airport thing. I mean do you really want USA , The land of Freedom to start regulating everyones movements? Then the terrorists have won the battle. They have turned America against it's Constitution. Last I read every Citizen has the right to travel freely without infringement. Obviously there are security measures that are taken at all airports but to stop every muslim with a hairy eye brow is just ignorant Daniel. Usually you make some very good arguments but I found this one to be very immature and slighty Rasict against Muslims. You too my friend are a son of immigrants to Canada. Just imagine if we Canada had treated your parents like Communist's were treated in the 50's? I do believe Romania was Communist state up until the 90's. Then Persecuted your fater just because he came from a commy country and searched him every time he wanted to travel. Think before you write stupidness!Anyway, I totally agree with you Ohen.Nesey, Nerelisin? Adim Cem, Mutlu oldum ki bi tane Turk vardir bu Sayfada.Hoscakal.

#22 JadeTiger

JadeTiger

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • Interests:NL Hold'em, Limit Hold'em, Stud, Omaha 8/OB, Omaha High, Chinese Poker, Gin
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha 8/OB

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:53 AM

View PostVatche, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 11:48 AM, said:

no, the soldiers are just doing their jobs...theyre the victims in this.i reread my post and i dont know how you came up with that assumption.
well you are saying George Bush is a bigger terrorist than Bin Laden/Hussein put together. Well I assume you think the individuals that flew the planes into the Towers were also terrorists if they were working for Bin Laden. Logic suggests that if Bush is a Terrorists, then all the men under his control are also terrorists. To say they were just 'doing their job' is a cop-out to your inane comment that didnt make sense in the first place.
Jessica Alba is perfection.

#23 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:58 AM

View PostJadeTiger, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 9:53 AM, said:

well you are saying George Bush is a bigger terrorist than Bin Laden/Hussein put together. Well I assume you think the individuals that flew the planes into the Towers were also terrorists if they were working for Bin Laden. Logic suggests that if Bush is a Terrorists, then all the men under his control are also terrorists. To say they were just 'doing their job' is a cop-out to your inane comment that didnt make sense in the first place.
you assumed wrong...they were lied to, just like we were lied to...

#24 JadeTiger

JadeTiger

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • Interests:NL Hold'em, Limit Hold'em, Stud, Omaha 8/OB, Omaha High, Chinese Poker, Gin
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha 8/OB

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:01 AM

View PostVatche, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 11:58 AM, said:

you assumed wrong...they were lied to, just like we were lied to...
LOL. Your explanation is filled with so much well-supported undeniable fact, I can't even argue with you. good job.
Jessica Alba is perfection.

#25 ohen

ohen

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:03 AM

View Postcemo76, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 8:52 AM, said:

Hey Ohen,You make some very valid points. I too am from Turkey, and I canrelate to every thing you said. Nesey, Nerelisin? Adim Cem, Mutlu oldum ki bi tane Turk vardir bu Sayfada.Hoscakal.
Cem, I'm in DC right now, originally from Istanbul. Benim adim Akin, bende memnum oldum.

#26 cemo76

cemo76

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Poker And Sports

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:11 AM

Akin, Naber Moruk. Ben Toronto da yasiyorum. Bende Istanbuluyum. Findikzade, Rami taraf tan. Ama 4 yasindan bere burdayim. 25 sene oldu yani. Nesey mutlu oldum, ve cok dogru yazdin. Bende bi cevap verdim. Adam Sacma yazdi be. Kusurabakma ama turkcem cok iyi digil. Poker oyniyorsun demek. Bende. En cok Tourney. Nesey e-mailim var message yolla ne zama n istersen. HAde hoscakal.

#27 ohen

ohen

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:13 AM

View Postcemo76, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 9:11 AM, said:

Akin, Naber Moruk. Ben Toronto da yasiyorum. Bende Istanbuluyum. Findikzade, Rami taraf tan. Ama 4 yasindan bere burdayim. 25 sene oldu yani. Nesey mutlu oldum, ve cok dogru yazdin. Bende bi cevap verdim. Adam Sacma yazdi be. Kusurabakma ama turkcem cok iyi digil. Poker oyniyorsun demek. Bende. En cok Tourney. Nesey e-mailim var message yolla ne zama n istersen. HAde hoscakal.
Oldu hoca. Simdi isteyim, aksama veya yarina sana pm atarim.

#28 wilheldp

wilheldp

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:19 AM

Dirka dirka, muhammed jihad.

#29 DonkSlayer

DonkSlayer

very, very standard

• Members
  • 5,032 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PL Omaha

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:19 AM

View Postohen, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 11:18 AM, said:

For example, if I am an African-American male driving an expensive car, should the police be able to stop me without any cause and search my car without probably cause because I fit the profile of someone who a) may have stolen that expensive vehicle or B) may be transporting illicit drugs?
No. These are stereotypes driven by the media and aren't true statistically.

Having lived in Turkey for the first 18 years of my live, I can say from experience that terrorist attacks are not prevented by curbing the individual liberties of a particular group. Despite the Turkish governments efforts to curb such rights (which included racial profiling in airports as well as virtually any other facet of society), Turkey lost over 30,000 of its citizens to terrorist attcks in the 1980s. Terrorism began to level off and ultimately fade in Turkey once the government changed some of its domestic as well as foreign policies dealing with ethnic groups whose extremists factions perpetrated the terrorism.
Apples and oranges. Kurds were/are pissed b/c they want to be independent and were oppressed by Jim Crow-like laws for decades. The matter wasn't religious, was it?But, I think it was absolutely in Turkey's best interest to profile Kurds because, yes, they were more likely to blow something up than an average Turk. I think the key here is "nice" vs. "best." Is it "nice" to profile? Probably not. Offensive? Maybe. More efficient and effective then searching everybody? YEP.
Fortune favors the brave.

#30 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:20 AM

View PostJadeTiger, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 10:01 AM, said:

LOL. Your explanation is filled with so much well-supported undeniable fact, I can't even argue with you. good job.
do i have to spoon feed you everything???all the reasons Bush was giving us to go to war were all proven false.no WMD's, no link between alquida and sadaam, nothing!"we were lied to" get it?

#31 Yoda

Yoda

FCP Superstars Champion, Jedi Master & Lesbian Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,824 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:35 AM

View PostVatche, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 12:30 PM, said:

FYI...george bush is a bigger terrorist than bin laden and sadam hussein combined, last time i checked, he wasnt sporting no beard.
Wow..I pretty much view you as a terrorist now. WTG :club:

[15:06] <Jan99> go J E T S

#32 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:37 AM

View PostYoda, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 10:35 AM, said:

Wow..I pretty much view you as a terrorist now. WTG :club:
maybe that comment was harsh, i was irritated and i gave an emotional response.what i meant to say is bush is just as bad as bin laden and sadaam.i apoligize to anyone that was offended.

#33 ohen

ohen

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:41 AM

View PostDonkSlayer, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 9:19 AM, said:

No. These are stereotypes driven by the media and aren't true statistically. Apples and oranges. Kurds were/are pissed b/c they want to be independent and were oppressed by Jim Crow-like laws for decades. The matter wasn't religious, was it?But, I think it was absolutely in Turkey's best interest to profile Kurds because, yes, they were more likely to blow something up than an average Turk. I think the key here is "nice" vs. "best." Is it "nice" to profile? Probably not. Offensive? Maybe. More efficient and effective then searching everybody? YEP.
Not apples and oranges. I don't see how one type of terrorism is ethnicity driven vs another one being religion driven (not to say that Al-Queda operates solely on teh basis of religion) makes any difference to this discussion. Both groups saw the respective governments as their oppressors believing that blowing up innocent people was somehow going to force that oppressor into some type of concession. And I used to think profiling Kurds somewhow made things safer, but given the fact that the 80s was probably the most police-like era in recent Turkish history AS WELL AS the era in which the country lost most victims to terrorism, I can't see a legitimate connection between racial profiling and preventing terrorism. Maybe the US is a different case, but no one has yet presented a cogent argument on this forum as to why it would be.

#34 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

the dynamo of volition

• Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:42 AM

View PostVatche, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 9:20 AM, said:

do i have to spoon feed you everything???all the reasons Bush was giving us to go to war were all proven false.no WMD's, no link between alquida and 911, nothing!"we were lied to" get it?
Except where Osama was seen in a video praising the work of his team and saying the results were better than expected. At least he's not tied to "alquida" ...
~certified bumhunter~

#35 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:44 AM

View PostNaked_Cowboy, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 10:42 AM, said:

Except where Osama was seen in a video praising the work of his team and saying the results were better than expected. At least he's not tied to "alquida" ...
what i meant to say is no link between sadaam and alquida...edited my original post.

#36 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

the dynamo of volition

• Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:47 AM

View PostVatche, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 9:44 AM, said:

what i meant to say is no link between sadaam and alquida...edited my original post.
Objectively, when you spell the names of both parties wrong, you *really* cut the legs out from under any argument you might have.
~certified bumhunter~

#37 RhinestoneCowboy

RhinestoneCowboy

I'm Fu*king RodReynolds!!

• Members
  • 7,189 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:52 AM

I hear there is a video out there proving that George Bush blew up the WTC buildings, and then shot down the flight in PA with Air Force 1. Is this true?
QUOTE(Shimmering Wang @ Monday, January 1st, 2007, 1:49 PM) View Post
"I are trill cat. This is trill thread. Wamp Wamp."
Wang

QUOTE(astros11ss @ Monday, September 24th, 2007, 10:00 AM) View Post
i fucking got 4th in the tilt mulligan and 2nd in the bodog 100k... life fucking tilt

QUOTE(Bizzle @ Thursday, March 27th, 2008, 11:12 AM) View Post
Shaving your legs feels really good

#38 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:52 AM

View PostNaked_Cowboy, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM, said:

Objectively, when you spell the names of both parties wrong, you *really* cut the legs out from under any argument you might have.
so what, i misspelled some words.what does spelling have to do whit my argument?youre reaching.

#39 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,013 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:53 AM

View Postnutzbuster, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 12:44 PM, said:

And it AIN'T about oil....
I agree, if it was about the oil, we could send a bunch of bruthas over there and steal it all.

View PostDonkSlayer, on Monday, August 14th, 2006, 1:19 PM, said:

No. These are stereotypes driven by the media and aren't true statistically.
I'm not so sure. I know everytime I see a black guy in a nice car with some spinners, I just assume he's a drug dealer packing heat. I'm pretty sure I'm right 80% of the time. Don't be so naive. If a young black guy has money, its usually b/c he got it illegally. Or he plays sports and beats his wife.Wake up white people
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#40 turd ferguson

turd ferguson

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,322 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:54 AM

Ultimately, eliminating all these races is the only way to completely solve this problem. Hitler had the right idea. We were all just too shortsighted to see it. Don't you feel stupid now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users