Writing A Poker Book

Im going to be writing a poker book. Its going to be awesome, and then im going to take the profits and TPMM. No but realistically... I make an online version of it. Production costs would be very small. I basically want to do it becuase I want to share my take on poker. Its a gamble of sorts... I mean I know that all of you are going to say "hahaha who's going to listen to what you have to say? You havent even won a big tournament have you?" Well to answer that question, its a gambleFor the most part. I just want to write about my experiences as an average 19 year old poker player. I dont know if there is even a single book out there about a 19 year old poker player, nobody has tried have they? It would be nice to just give the world a look into what kind of person I am. My personality goes the exact opposite direction of what most people would think. I dont know why Im posting this, because I know im going to get flamed, made fun of and abused. But I had to post this. Hey when the book comes out, there might be something special in store for FCP membebers java script:emoticon(':club:', 'smid_39'):D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahhhahahahahahahh

Hey Tantalar...I like you.But come on man...this game is about experience. I would only buy a poker book from someone with more experience than me.As soon as somebody finds out that you are 19...there goes your sales..And this has nothing to do with you. Seriously...Jeff Madsen has won every tournament on the planet for the last few weeks. Would you buy a jeff madsen book?

Write the book. It can't hurt and it can be very cathartic. I hope you have the experience to fill the book though. I wrote a book on my experience of changing from a 10 year career in track and field to a professional poker player in Vegas. It was fun to write and helped with some of the emotional issues that arrise from playing this game as a profession.If you need/want any help/suggestions, go to my website at www.mcpoker.us and email me.Good luck.mc

You have got to remember, why would anybody want to buy your book? Most people want to buy a poker book for advise, but since you are 19, that is impossible. What is it going to be like, a biography about you who is an average joe that plays poker, or just about poker. Either one seems pretty plain and not creative, so what are you going to do?

Its just something I feel I need to do. Its more like a personal journey than anything else. If someone buys it then hey thats cool too. Right now im just at a time in my life where I MUST do this. I know it sounds crazy, but my mom wants me to do it, so I have to do it

Ok, I take back my advice if it is your mom who wants you to write it. You haven't had any journies yet. I can't believe I'm the 'old guy' who is telling the 'youngster' that you are just too young, but I am.Seriously, your mom?mc

Its just something I feel I need to do. Its more like a personal journey than anything else. If someone buys it then hey thats cool too. Right now im just at a time in my life where I MUST do this. I know it sounds crazy, but my mom wants me to do it, so I have to do it
this just keeps getting better.
This is getting better and better. This has got to be one of the funniest posts I have ever read.
theres going to be a chapter on pottery
poker? cool.pottery? cool.moms? way cool.where do i preorder?
theres going to be a chapter on pottery
You're going to need the best proofreaders and editors in the business for your book to be remotely coherent. Seriously, go read more books, try to take some of their attributes into consideration, and then start writing again - your writer's voice is that tough to stomach.On the other hand, if you're just writing for yourself (and mommy), and don't consider it a business venture, carry on.