• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 The Nuts

The Nuts

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:21 PM

This is really Online Poker Representatives v. WPT.If the rights to each person in the suit were not already owned by the online poker sites they represent, they would not be in this lawsuit. If the WPT did use their faces on advertisements and the like, this would create a huge mess of legal troubles that would make this WPT suit look like peanuts. Now, multiple online poker sites, hell even individual poker players associated with those sites would sue as well.That's probably part of the reason why WPT hasn't exercised the clauses extensively. It was almost a Cold War in some ways. But this suit has made it a blazing hot war.
SuperUberBob: I ****ing hate this game
Zach6668: lol
Zubial: stop playing it
SuperUberBob: I like playing, just not the losing part
Zach6668: LOLZ

#122 Stylin_Fish

Stylin_Fish

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:44 PM

Greg Raymer should go back to what he's best at, being fat.
IPB Image

#123 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

The Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:26 PM

View PostBilly, on Sunday, August 6th, 2006, 1:09 AM, said:

Wow, he's a bigger tool for crying about the WPT.Seriously, to express joy out of someone else busting in a tournament is just plain immaturity. I expected more of Raymer.
People express joy about Phil Hellmuth being knocked out of a tourney all the time............a lot of those people are people who are on this forum and "root" for DN. Kinda funny that.
KowboyKoop >>>>>>>>>>> Teneight

Five years in the making

#124 PA32R

PA32R

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:flying

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:41 PM

View PostFourFlusher, on Sunday, August 6th, 2006, 6:40 PM, said:

Saying the man has man boobs is not nearly as insulting as saying DN is a whore for the WPT.First, the truth is an absolute defense to liable.He has man boobs.Now, if he can prove DN is in bed with, and fronting for, the WPT, then he can shoot off his mouth.
That's pretty hilarious that you'd render your legal opinion and be unaware that it's "libel." "Liable" means something slightly different...*sigh*

View PostKowboyKoop, on Wednesday, August 9th, 2006, 9:26 PM, said:

People express joy about Phil Hellmuth being knocked out of a tourney all the time............a lot of those people are people who are on this forum and "root" for DN. Kinda funny that.
nh
WWBD?

#125 PA32R

PA32R

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:flying

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:51 PM

View Postdaniel rentzer, on Tuesday, August 8th, 2006, 5:14 AM, said:

I Just felt like posting my few cents on this situation. First and foremost, I have always felt that Daniel Negreanu's opinion in the world of poker is something that should be valued. i have learned a tremendous amount from him in and around the game of poker. I 100% agree with his opinion on the lawsuit and think that the players should not be suing the "World poker tour", hereinafter referred to as "WPT". What the WPT has done for the game of poker is amazing and to do anything that would hurt there image would hurt the image of poker. Most the people that play tournament poker nowadays have started playing because of the WPT. The players have recieved tons of recognition and more from the WPT, and letting the WPT use there images isnt a big deal. Poker players are public figures and almost anyone can use there images for profit. You dont see people going around suing cardplayer magazine for using there images do you? And obviously a poker magazine derives its income from that! Of course it is a grey area and not just anyone can go about using someones name and likeness for profits! That is my opinion on the lawsuit and it is just an opinion!second of all, what Greg Raymer has said about Daniel Negranu on a public poker website is absolutely ridiculous. Greg Raymer is a Lawyer and should know better than defaming someone in a public forum. I am not going to go into the law too far because I still have a solid year of law school left and I am not an expert although I do have tons of legal knowledge, but he should know better than saying what he said. I found it hard to believe that someone like Greg raymer would make the statements that he made and an apology from him to Daniel does not fix the harm that has been done to Daniel! I personally have lost quite a bit of respect for Greg Raymer. As it stands I support Daniel 100% and if there is anything I could do to help support his view I would do it!
Wow. The depth of your lack of knowledge of the law is amazing. No fault there, many people don't have a deep knowledge of the law. However, the majority acknowledge that and don't try running without the ball. I could go on at length about the lawsuit itself. But I'll spare everyone.I'm (obviously) late to this discussion. But I don't see Raymer as the type to use the term "tool" to describe someone, even if his opinion of that person was something which would be described as "tool" by others. It's just not a Raymer word and doesn't ring true. I'd need more evidence he actually typed that.If he did, it's pretty juvenile.As an aside, a similar lack of "ringing true" is how I know Jeffrey MacDonald killed his family. He claimed "hippies" invaded his house chanting "acid is groovy, kill the pigs." I'm from that era. No hippy ever said that. That's how the Brady Bunch writers thought hippies talked. Ergo, MacDonald = guilty.Q.E.D.
WWBD?

#126 Devilkin

Devilkin

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:25 AM

"Dammit Negreanu its 'Man Boobies' not 'Man Boobs' . .get it right next time or it'll cost you your intestines!!!"Posted ImageYep . .nothing constructive to add . . . .
Adding to the Internet blogspam at My Poker Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users