286 replies to this topic

#21 jjgoldy5

jjgoldy5

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 970 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PL Omaha8 and NLHE tournies

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:07 PM

With my first full month of poker this summer, I'm looking to play a lot of O8 full ring games.I'd like to work my roll up to 2.25k, but 2.5-3k would be sweet, and I think that is realistic. That would amount to a 500-1250 month. Anything less, I would be disappointed with after my recent success.I'd also like to continue to nurture my live tournament strategy that has seemed to work wonders lately.

#22 mjd

mjd

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:blah

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:32 PM

1) Increase my winrate at limit to at least 1.5BB/100. It's clear I have this room to improve. I just need to stop having Matusow blow-ups with AKo once per 100. (Coincidentally, my name is also Mike. I hope I'm not related.)2) Finish clearing my Absolute bonus (an implict hand requirement)3) Devise a cunning plan to discourage Abba from stealing my blinds at freaking 40% while he's away on vacation.-M

#23 Jordan

Jordan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,032 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:23 PM

Anger, abba. anger.:club:$8k - $12k in cash games.I'm going to be playing more of the Supers on PP as well. Hopefully do well with those.- Jordan

#24 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:58 PM

View Postmjd, on Monday, July 31st, 2006, 4:32 PM, said:

1) Increase my winrate at limit to at least 1.5BB/100. It's clear I have this room to improve. I just need to stop having Matusow blow-ups with AKo once per 100. (Coincidentally, my name is also Mike. I hope I'm not related.)2) Finish clearing my Absolute bonus (an implict hand requirement)3) Devise a cunning plan to discourage Abba from stealing my blinds at freaking 40% while he's away on vacation.-M
what's your username on absolute?and Abba is being nice, since i think he's usually 40-45%.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#25 mjd

mjd

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:03 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on Monday, July 31st, 2006, 4:58 PM, said:

what's your username on absolute?and Abba is being nice, since i think he's usually 40-45%.
sn_aleand if you wanna be social while we're playing MSN me: mjd-im@surly.org.Didn't we used to have a stickied thread for screen names? Where'd that go?

#26 pokerplayer24

pokerplayer24

supernova

• Members
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:06 PM

View PostActuary, on Monday, July 31st, 2006, 11:04 AM, said:

100k should be plenty?
Sure but i'm not as profitable anymore and college is quite expensive.Plus the deal is i'm allowed to play on breaks and during summer vacation just not while at college. But while i'm at college my parents arent, so yea =P

#27 WestcoastCanuck

WestcoastCanuck

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,522 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Soccer

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:24 PM

My goal is to finally make the jump to 10-20 shorthanded limit. Anytime I have ever got close (bankroll wise), something has happened. I have a lot of free time in August, I plan to use it.

#28 iggymcfly

iggymcfly

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Interests:Poker, football, sitting on my ass

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:27 PM

1. Earn $15,000 total from poker. I don't care if it's from cash games, SnGs, MTTs or what although I do plan to make most of it playing NL cash games. I know that I'm easily capable of this if I don't tilt and put in a decent number of hours.2. Put in 100 hours (real-time, not table hours) playing online cash games. I easily play this much poker in a month, but I spend way too much of it dicking around with **** that doesn't make money. (I'm looking at you, 30 hand per hour live games where I get bored as **** and start giving money away.) If I accomplish goal #2, goal #1 should be pretty easy.3. Don't play underbankrolled at any point this month. I'm not going to be too strict with 2/4 games since I'm pretty comfortable at that limit. We'll set $6,000 as the floor there since that's just a little bit higher than what I have in my account. However, I don't want to play one hand of 3/6 without at least a $15,000 BR, and I don't want to play one hand of 5/10 unless my BR's at least $30,000. If I end up playing some limit, I'm not too worried about that, but I don't want to play anything higher than 10/20 without at least 300 BB, and if I'm playing seriously online, I probably want something more in the 400 to 500 BB range for high limits.
Lady luck's my fuck-buddy.

#29 96roadster

96roadster

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:32 PM

My goal is to reach NL50 and be fully rolled for it by the end of August, although that could happen a lot sooner. Ideally I will start taking shots at NL100 by the end of september, but i may try to do that by the end of the month. Either way I just want to continue to improve my heads up play (thats just about all i play), and maybe mix in a few tourneys. 1000 in profit would be sweet by end end of the month.

#30 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:32 PM

View Postmjd, on Monday, July 31st, 2006, 7:03 PM, said:

sn_aleand if you wanna be social while we're playing MSN me: mjd-im@surly.org.Didn't we used to have a stickied thread for screen names? Where'd that go?
I'll add you next time I'm on - me and abba chat sometimes while playing. I warn that I'm really annoying and just whine about 3-outers. For any other Absoluters, we've never and would never collude, and never chat while we're both in a hand (even if its heads-up) so don't worry.

#31 TheCinciKid

TheCinciKid

Micro Limit Superstar

• Members
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Poker, The Bengals, Poker, Golf, Poker, Movies, Poker, Fantasy Sports, and a little Politics and Current Events.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:39 PM

Play 5k hands of 2/4 6-max, hopefully winning at 2 BB/100. Limit myself to 10 MTT's, make a final table.Play 10-15 hours live at the Argosy 6/12 game.
"If you're too careful, your whole life can become a ****in' grind." - Mike McDermott, Rounders

my (resurrected) poker blog:
http://cincikid.blogspot.com

#32 Sullyarmy

Sullyarmy

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:poker duh!

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:45 PM

im on absolute as well... i play 1/2 limit at the moment name=betonarmy what you guys play and what limit?
For Great Rakeback deals,
Absolute 28%!! Ultimatebet 28%! Full tilt 28%! Bodog 20%
https://www.rakebreak.com/index.php?AFF=238

#33 Mattnxtc

Mattnxtc

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:27 PM

well this month is a rebuilding month again ( i seem to say that often). Plan is to bonus whore the crap out the sites to get the br up fast and get it offline so i cant blow through it againhopin to make 10-15 buyins
www.mattnxtc.blogspot.com

#34 ChrisRichey

ChrisRichey

Untitled

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:58 PM

Well nobody is posting in Jordan's thread, and my goals have changed somewhat, so I'll post mine in here.August Goals-I am going to switch over to Stars this week, will be playing mostly $10 and lower sng's right now. I will be trying a few 180 person sng's a week, so hopefully I will be able to build the br back up after having to borrow some for bills (got laid off). I am also wanting to do one fairly good tourney each Sunday. Does Stars have sng's for tournament tokens like FT does?Hope to increase the roll to around a grand.

#35 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:39 PM

View PostSullyarmy, on Monday, July 31st, 2006, 8:45 PM, said:

im on absolute as well... i play 1/2 limit at the moment name=betonarmy what you guys play and what limit?
my username is jackdawkins - i play 1/2-3/6. since 3/6 has been dead lately, i think most of us play 1/2-2/4, or maybe some 5/10, though i don't right now.see you guys there

#36 Abbaddabba

Abbaddabba

breaking even like it's 1999

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:00 PM

I play 1/2 through 5/10, but most of it is 2/4 or 3/6. Ill keep an eye out for everyone who's posted.

#37 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,075 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:13 PM

View PostChrisRichey, on Tuesday, August 1st, 2006, 12:58 AM, said:

Well nobody is posting in Jordan's thread, and my goals have changed somewhat, so I'll post mine in here.August Goals-I am going to switch over to Stars this week, will be playing mostly $10 and lower sng's right now. I will be trying a few 180 person sng's a week, so hopefully I will be able to build the br back up after having to borrow some for bills (got laid off). I am also wanting to do one fairly good tourney each Sunday. Does Stars have sng's for tournament tokens like FT does?Hope to increase the roll to around a grand.
Stars is great for satellites. You can play in any satellite and get $T and use it on any tourney or sng... I think...Something like that, but I know they are very flexible.*********************OFFICIAL AUGUST GOALOk, so August starts with my BR at ~$250.My goal is to get it to $570 as quickly as possible. I know it sounds like a strange goal, with weird numbers, but it's all part of a plan/stake deal, etc, and all a part of me getting back to bankroll independence!I will be playing $11 SNG's, and some multitable SNG's from $5.50-$11, and the odd MTT if I feel frisky.Hopefully, I can get that done pretty quickly, and move on to building my own roll from the $200 I'll win up with from this deal.At that point, I move back to the $11 SNG's until I have at least 20 buyins for the $22s, and then keep building from there. However, as I progress, my BR requirements will tighten, and I'll play with 30-50 buyins.Best of luck to all in August, and I don't want to hear any more stories about anyone having to rebuild.- Zach
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#38 ChrisRichey

ChrisRichey

Untitled

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:43 PM

^^^ Sounds pretty close to the br I am working with, and what I am hoping to accomplish. Zach, do you play on Stars?

#39 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,075 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:46 PM

View PostChrisRichey, on Tuesday, August 1st, 2006, 2:43 AM, said:

^^^ Sounds pretty close to the br I am working with, and what I am hoping to accomplish. Zach, do you play on Stars?
I do... same name.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#40 mjd

mjd

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:32 PM

View PostSullyarmy, on Monday, July 31st, 2006, 6:45 PM, said:

I'm sn_Ale. And, I play whatever's going from 5/10 down to 1/2 though I generally avoid 6 max.-M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users