• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 kidprodigy08

kidprodigy08

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

Damn. about half a year ago i won $50 in a freeroll on paradise poker. i had it all the way up to $900 but since then it has slowly but surely gone down. today i finally lost the last $3 (on a 2 outer of course), but i dont think luck was the main reason i lost this. ive heard a lot of pros say that if you want to be good, you must not care about the money involved, but i think part of the reason i lost is because when i had $900, $20 seemed like nothing, so when i had $150, anything less than $20 seemed boring, so i donked it away. when i stoped caring about the money, i made stupid decisions, and losing was inevitable after that. i guess im going to try to win some fpp sattelites on stars or something, if that doesn't work i guess i'll deposit $50 again and try to focus better. Any hints to help me start from the bottom again, and regain my original focus that help me grow my bankroll?
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

#2 XX44466XX

XX44466XX

I RUFF POKAH!

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
  • Interests:Poker & Boobies & Ninjewtsu
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL HE

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:20 PM

Deposit mobney into poker account.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

I think Oscar Wilde was talking about poker.

It's All Fours And Sixes

#3 shegone

shegone

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:20 PM

View Postkidprodigy08, on Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 6:19 PM, said:

Damn. about half a year ago i won $50 in a freeroll on paradise poker. i had it all the way up to 900 but since then it has slowly but surely gone down. today i finally lost the last $3 (on a 2 outer of course), but i dont think luck was the main reason i lost this. ive heard a lot of pros say that if you want to be good, you must not care about the money involved, but i think part of the reason i lost is because when i had $900, $20 seemed like nothing, so when i had $150, anything less than $20 seemed boring, so i donked it away. when i stoped caring about the money, i made stupid decisions, and losing was inevitable after that. i guess im going to try to win some fpp sattelites on stars or something, if that doesn't work i guess i'll deposit $50 again and try to focus better. Any hints to help me start from the bottom again?
Do exactly what u did before but better and dont lose the $ :club:

#4 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:22 PM

Sounds like you played outside of your roll.Don't.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'

#5 kidprodigy08

kidprodigy08

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:22 PM

View PostXX44466XX, on Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 7:20 PM, said:

Deposit mobney into poker account.
what is mobney?and please i dont need retarded answers for this, if you don't think you can help please don't reply, unless its actually funnyedit - i didnt really play outside my roll, winning the 900 took a while, and i know it wasnt just a luck streak

#6 neblon

neblon

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:25 PM

View Postkidprodigy08, on Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 9:22 PM, said:

what is mobney?and please i dont need retarded answers for this, if you don't think you can help please don't reply, unless its actually funnyedit - i didnt really play outside my roll, winning the 900 took a while, and i know it wasnt just a luck streak
He's just making a jopke

#7 XX44466XX

XX44466XX

I RUFF POKAH!

• Members
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:26 PM

View Postkidprodigy08, on Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 7:22 PM, said:

Variance.Get back on the goddamn horse and keep riding. You did it once, now do it again.No crying in poker.

It's All Fours And Sixes

#8 Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:29 PM

Posted Image
Cookie Cookie

#9 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

''so when i had $150, anything less than $20 seemed boring, so i donked it away."I took this to mean you were playing $20's all the way down to 150, and I'm assuming you're talking about MTT's or SnG's.If so, you were playing outside of your roll.If not, and it's just a matter of when you had to move down, it got boring, then, don't get bored. I'm not sure what advice you're looking for, it seems like you point out the problem yourself, in that you either played out of your roll when you started losing money, or started playing bored and differently when you started losing your roll, or a combination of both.Regardless, since you've pointed out the problem/problems, it's up to you to fix them.1. Don't play out of your roll.2. Don't play differently when find the stakes to be "boring".
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'

#10 mcpickl

mcpickl

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

View PostSpademan, on Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 6:30 PM, said:

''so when i had $150, anything less than $20 seemed boring, so i donked it away."I took this to mean you were playing $20's all the way down to 150, and I'm assuming you're talking about MTT's or SnG's.If so, you were playing outside of your roll.If not, and it's just a matter of when you had to move down, it got boring, then, don't get bored. I'm not sure what advice you're looking for, it seems like you point out the problem yourself, in that you either played out of your roll when you started losing money, or started playing bored and differently when you started losing your roll, or a combination of both.Regardless, since you've pointed out the problem/problems, it's up to you to fix them.1. Don't play out of your roll.2. Don't play differently when find the stakes to be "boring".
well saidgood luck
"I ain't on Team Scotty...I'll tell you that. Never been. Never will be. How bout that, buddy?" Erick Lindgren

#11 Dratj

Dratj

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,339 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:51 PM

View PostSpademan, on Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 6:30 PM, said:

Seriously hard to play differently when stakes are boring. Just look at what DN does when he plays "small stakes" or "low buy in" tourneys. I'm obviously not sure but I doubt he will go all in blind for 100K when playing nl holdem in the big game just to stir up the action.To the OP, you went broke but it's not a big deal. You really only lost 50 bucks of your own money. Go get a job, pad up the roll quickly that way and play stakes that matter to you so that you play your A game.

#12 kidprodigy08

kidprodigy08

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:52 PM

View PostSpademan, on Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 7:30 PM, said:

first off i didnt play outside my roll that much, but when i had like $5 on a table with a $150 bankroll, it was boring to me.secondly, i think you're right, i lost my focus and i just need to work on that.thank you for actually making a helpful post, unlike that cookie monster idiot who doesn't even know what the cookie picture means.

#13 HappyG

HappyG

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:54 PM

View Postkidprodigy08, on Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 6:52 PM, said:

thank you for actually making a helpful post, unlike that cookie monster idiot who doesn't even know what the cookie picture means.
he gave you a cookie, the least you can do is thank him.
Howard Lederer when asked about his Avatar on FTP:
Howard Lederer: angry looks like a gay old timer

#14 XX44466XX

XX44466XX

I RUFF POKAH!

• Members
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:55 PM

View PostHappyG, on Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 7:54 PM, said:

he gave you a cookie, the least you can do is thank him.
When the fuck did we get ice cream?

It's All Fours And Sixes

#15 Gargoyle

Gargoyle

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE, Omaha8, duece 7, 7 stud

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:37 PM

Where were you keeping your bankroll? On the game site? Pull some of your winnings into your Neteller (or whatever account you use). Once you've gone through what you left on the site you'll have to reach into your "wallet" to get more cash. Going to the well may make you stop and think about what you've just lost. Dunno, just a suggestion.

#16 rchang

rchang

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Holdem

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:40 PM

View Postkidprodigy08, on Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 7:19 PM, said:

Damn. about half a year ago i won $50 in a freeroll on paradise poker. i had it all the way up to $900 but since then it has slowly but surely gone down. today i finally lost the last $3 (on a 2 outer of course), but i dont think luck was the main reason i lost this. ive heard a lot of pros say that if you want to be good, you must not care about the money involved, but i think part of the reason i lost is because when i had $900, $20 seemed like nothing, so when i had $150, anything less than $20 seemed boring, so i donked it away. when i stoped caring about the money, i made stupid decisions, and losing was inevitable after that. i guess im going to try to win some fpp sattelites on stars or something, if that doesn't work i guess i'll deposit $50 again and try to focus better. Any hints to help me start from the bottom again, and regain my original focus that help me grow my bankroll?
Wanna get High?dang if i have a losing session today ill just tell myself! at least i didn't go broke like you did! bahahahahhaha.thanks kid.
"Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln 16th president of US (1809 - 1865).

#17 SweetDaddyFreak

SweetDaddyFreak

Can I touch you?

• Members
  • 2,291 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live MTT's

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:47 PM

FCP Forums rake $.20 for every new topic you start so it was eventual that you would go broke.
Dammit, there's no time!

#18 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:53 PM

View Postkidprodigy08, on Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 6:22 PM, said:

what is mobney?
:club: :D :D :D :) Don't worry I'm not laughing at you becuase you're ignorant, that was just a really funny question.Here is a serious answer though: I play mtts pretty much exclusively, (also 180-person sngs, sometimes 50, etc), and I think the best way to manage a bankroll playing mtts is to have 1 buy in = no more than 1-2% of your bankroll. When you make a big win your bankroll will (at least temporarily) increase maybe 20% on up to 100% or more, and then you can play higher levels.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#19 kleath

kleath

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:14 PM

View Postkidprodigy08, on Wednesday, July 26th, 2006, 9:52 PM, said:

first off i didnt play outside my roll that much, but when i had like $5 on a table with a $150 bankroll, it was boring to me.secondly, i think you're right, i lost my focus and i just need to work on that.thank you for actually making a helpful post, unlike that cookie monster idiot who doesn't even know what the cookie picture means.
maybe you dont understand what outside of your roll is, cause if you have $20 in play out of 150, that IS quite outside it.

#20 loogie

loogie

Chopped Liver

• Members
  • 6,119 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:fun poker pics :)

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:31 PM

GAJ/FB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users