#21 XX44466XX

XX44466XX

I RUFF POKAH!

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
  • Interests:Poker & Boobies & Ninjewtsu
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL HE

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:43 PM

I would like to participate.I :club: POKER.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

I think Oscar Wilde was talking about poker.

It's All Fours And Sixes

#22 HangukMiguk

HangukMiguk

I'm so scannable.

• Members
  • 13,672 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:44 PM

View PostXX44466XX, on Monday, July 17th, 2006, 10:43 PM, said:

boobies....

#23 ncperrotta069

ncperrotta069

GOO LAKERS!

• Members
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:48 PM

im in depending on buyin

#24 caviness36

caviness36

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Chess

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:01 AM

I'm interested in playing. I think you have to have a cash buyin. Without it, there would be no guarantee people would show up for matches, etc. People are more inclined to give it their all if they are putting their own money up.

#25 Scott3705

Scott3705

Pay-Off Wizard

• Members
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:25 AM

I'll do it, but only if we having starting stacks of 10 BB's each.

#26 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:28 AM

I think it's a great idea, if documented correctly. I'd like to participate, but my BR, such as it is, can manage only lower stakes, such as 5 or 10 per match. If that fits into the plan, then I'm definitely in.E-mail sent.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#27 Kestral123

Kestral123

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 489 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE MTT

Posted 18 July 2006 - 06:06 AM

View Postthehidden, on Monday, July 17th, 2006, 10:14 PM, said:

I'm in for a reasonable price, it would be interesting i think. I will send an email in the morningIra
I agree with this. Either way I don't want to do it unless buy-in is at least $50. Otherwise it's just not worth the time IMO. That said, as I said before, I'm in if we have that buy-in, and I'm feelin' frisky after taking 3rd in a UB $100 buy-in MTT last night.
DonkMeister on PokerStars
Donktastic on UB
TheDonkmeister on Full Tilt

#28 alf13

alf13

THREE Time...THREE Time...

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:17 AM

View Postzimmer4141, on Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 12:16 AM, said:

I would like to, but with College/FCPHUL Season 2 I just probably wouldn't have enough time. It sounds like a real fun event, and if the Commish is anything like Sleuthis, it should run great. GL everyone in it.
The HU season ends soon.....This has possibilities.Get in Zim.I would also be in.

#29 zimmer4141

zimmer4141

GO BLUE

• Members
  • 15,007 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Golf

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:25 AM

View Postalf13, on Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 7:17 AM, said:

The HU season ends soon.....This has possibilities.Get in Zim.I would also be in.
I know the season ends soon, but I'm likely going to be in season 2. I guess I'll sign up for this, then I can see how it works with my schedule.
Hail To the Victors Valiant
Hail To the Conquering Heroes
Hail Hail To Michigan
The Leaders and Best

#30 alf13

alf13

THREE Time...THREE Time...

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:29 AM

View Postzimmer4141, on Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 11:25 AM, said:

I know the season ends soon, but I'm likely going to be in season 2. I guess I'll sign up for this, then I can see how it works with my schedule.
I will also be in season 2...but that starts up NEXT YEAR...Let me mention the mobney...Does a $250 buyin sound about right? (If it's a turbo structure)If we do a slow structured one...I say $500...

#31 Footballguru

Footballguru

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:32 AM

im in if buyin is between 10 and 100...

#32 eYank

eYank

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,344 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Micro Stakes NLHE

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:13 AM

ill do it if its a low buy in

#33 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:22 AM

Well, I'm seeing quite a skew here. Some won't play because the buy-in might be too high and some won't play if the buy-in isn't high enough tomake it worth their time.Dare I suggest the possibility of 2 tiers, one low buy-in (5 or 10) and one high buy-in (50 or 100)?
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#34 doublemeup

doublemeup

I'm Legal

• Members
  • 8,936 posts
  • Interests:Poker and uh....Poker

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:12 AM

I'm in as long as we keep the buy in small.
Updated 1/20

My Blog

#35 Oziumrules

Oziumrules

Golf Professional/Poker Amateur

• Members
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:15 AM

Count me in also....

#36 astros11ss

astros11ss

the brown man they love to hate

• Members
  • 1,525 posts
  • Interests:tournament donking

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:16 AM

i'm interested, but prolly wouldn't do it for anything less than 100... i haven't read the entire thread but someone suggested $250 which sounds about right to me

#37 Kei

Kei

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:48 AM

I'm thinking it could work as a low buyin/freeroll if you could get FCP to sponsor it with prizes in some way. Also, a one-time entry fee would be interesting if that could work out somehow, or a fee per level. There's a lot of different ways on how to work the payment structure.It is nice to see all the interest though.

#38 DonkSlayer

DonkSlayer

very, very standard

• Members
  • 5,032 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PL Omaha

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:57 AM

This is kinda a pride thing though, isn't it? Why does it have to be a "big" buyin?
Fortune favors the brave.

#39 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:58 AM

A one time entry fee might work. Entrants could be assigned a ticket and the tourney could be listed under Restricted. Points could be administered similarly to the Neg-O. Thoughts?

#40 zsta2k6

zsta2k6

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:58 AM

View PostMercury69, on Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 12:22 PM, said:

Well, I'm seeing quite a skew here. Some won't play because the buy-in might be too high and some won't play if the buy-in isn't high enough tomake it worth their time.Dare I suggest the possibility of 2 tiers, one low buy-in (5 or 10) and one high buy-in (50 or 100)?
you read my mind, I would not mind at all running 2 of these, one high buyin, one low buyin.

View PostKei, on Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 2:48 PM, said:

I'm thinking it could work as a low buyin/freeroll if you could get FCP to sponsor it with prizes in some way. Also, a one-time entry fee would be interesting if that could work out somehow, or a fee per level. There's a lot of different ways on how to work the payment structure.It is nice to see all the interest though.
I am leaning towards one time entry fee, then payout similar in structure to the show, both of these to keep people from skipping out on late matches when they are already eliminated.I also made a short test video so you all can see what recorded matches would look like.... the video can be found right here this is without sound... I was going to commentate on it.. but nobody wants to hear that... there will be poker room sounds on actual recordings tho. Also on the final recordings the expanded chat window probably wont be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users