Betonsports Ceo Arrested In Usa

Its starting already!!!!LONDON (AFX) - BetonSports PLC's chief executive David Carruthers has been detained by US federal authorities while changing flights in the US en route from the UK to Costa Rica, sending shares in online gaming stocks tumbling.The company, which is one of the largest US and Asia-facing online gaming companies, said it is seeking clarification as to the basis of the detention. adding that a further announcement will be made "when appropriate".A spokeswoman for BetonSports was unable to give further details."David has not had any contact with the outside world. All we know is that he was detained. Why he was detained we don't know and would not want to speculate," she said.Today's development follows last week's vote by the US House of Representatives to back a bill making it illegal for US-based banks and credit card firms to make payments to online gaming sites.The bill now moves through to the US Senate where industry experts believe it has only a slim chance of being passed with the issue of "carve-outs" (exemptions for horse racing and state-run lotteries) still an obstacle while there are only a limited number of Congressional days before the November mid-term elections.Just last Friday, Carruthers used BetonSports' Annual General Meeting to tell shareholders the chances of the bill being passed are "remote".Analysts speculated today over whether Carruthers' detention is "politically motivated"."We will be monitoring this case closely as it is too early to say if this is part of a broader strategy on prevention of Internet gambling in the US or if it is the Department of Justice flexing their muscle and trying to influence legislation," said Greg Harris, an analyst at Cannacord.Williams de Broe analyst Nigel Parson forecast the news would "throw online gambling stocks into a spin"."David Carruthers is a prominent advocate of the pro-online gambling industry and the fear that this is an escalation of the anti-lobby will trouble markets," Parsons said.Williams de Broe has downgraded its recommendation on PartyGaming PLC, the world's biggest online gaming company, to 'hold' from 'buy' on the back of today's news.At 3.50 pm, shares in BetonSports were 25 pence lower at 122, with PartyGaming down 4-3/4 at 104-1/4. Other stocks in the sector were also impacted with 888 Holdings PLC dropping 8 pence to 192 and Sportingbet PLC 42-1/4 pence lower at 282. matt.scuffham@afxnews.com msc//msc/slm

**** you, USA.When are they going to arrest Texas Dolly?
I believe the SEC has beef with him. USA is sooo stupid I am moving to canada, or maybe setting up an oil rig off the coast and starting my own nation. Nonecktopia

It's got to be something else. What has he done that's illegal is yet to be published and I don't think "Online Betting" will be the culprit. It just sounds to fishy. How did they know he was on the flight? Why were they looking for him?There has to be more to this.

god, i'm going to start rethinking this move to chicago in september.
Don't second guess moving to Chicago. Our politics are nowhere near the rest of the nations. We are ruled here by King Richard Daley and have no allegience to King George II. Plus, there are tons of hot women near North Avenue beach.
Don't second guess moving to Chicago. Our politics are nowhere near the rest of the nations. We are ruled here by King Richard Daley and have no allegience to King George II. Plus, there are tons of hot women near North Avenue beach.
fine, but only since i've signed a lease already.my type of woman, though, smokes cigarettes and drinks beer at the empty bottle or rainbo club.

I used to work with the guys who started WSEXthe government went after them and one came back and went to jail the other is a fugitive in Antigua - it has nothing to do with whether using those sites is legal or you are going to be busted for using them - it has to do with running the site which is at this point totally verbotenUncle Sam wants a monopoly on his number running

i just realized something--sometime yesterday or the day before, all betonbet poker accounts were blocked and i can't get a straight answer from support. (betonbet is the skin i use most often for ongame)does anyone know if betonbet is the same thing as betonsports? if so, i ****ing hope i didn't just lose a lot of money.

i just realized something--sometime yesterday or the day before, all betonbet poker accounts were blocked and i can't get a straight answer from support. (betonbet is the skin i use most often for ongame)does anyone know if betonbet is the same thing as betonsports? if so, i ****ing hope i didn't just lose a lot of money.
Quote from NyTimes:Also at the hearing, the court granted the government’s request for a temporary restraining order preventing BetOnSports from accepting wagers from customers in the United States and requiring it to return money held in the accounts of American customers. I'm guessing though, that these scumbags will only give you back what you deposited, if you are ahead and say something like, "it was illegal for us to accept wagers from you - here is your reversal of your deposit." Get ready for it.

Im baffled as to why the guy was dumb enough to even come into the US, even if it was just to change planes. Taking bets through telephone wires has been illegal for quite some time, its not a new law.