142 replies to this topic

#41 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:48 AM

View Postshufly, on Saturday, July 15th, 2006, 12:22 PM, said:

Maybe that is true, but I've said at least twice in this thread that the "Dirty or Damaged Disc" error is not a very big deal to me, I can take the game back and exchange it for another copy. What is an issue is that I don't want another copy if the rule set it uses for Hold'Em are different that those that are accepted the world over. Daniel does not play in cardrooms that award a split pot to the player with the best 7-card Hold'Em hand, so I don't understand why a poker game with his name on it plays by those rules.
I should apologize. By adding, "Maybe your... Xbox" and, "Or, alternetively, maybe...", I clearly implied that there was a choice between the options.What I really meant is; I don't care. =PI add the "=P" because you aren't being a tool, so this is just me being funny, rather than flaming.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'

#42 Ec5

Ec5

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:I HAVE A DREAM:<br />All the Canadian Tv stations will soon disappear,thus allowing all the American channels to become legally available on Canadian cable and have NO logos or information tickers.

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:35 AM

Unless I'm playing multiple tables online(free money) I find online poker quite boring at times because of all the waiting around till the next game begins after I've folded.When it gets down to 5 handed it's much more fun than Stacked(super-tight bots) but at least Stacked lets you speed up the hand when you fold.If I was playing for money I would use the time to study the other players betting styles after I folded,but not when I'm playing for a quick poker fix at the free money tables.There is now a patch available that fixes the X-Box dirty disk error but they are still having many problems with the online MTT tournaments.Stacked plays too tight to be realistic but it has it's moments of excitement when the Zen bots(the No-Limit type bots:Poki is the limit bot)get good hands and actually play a hand with you,instead of folding like a cheap suitcase everytime you make the minimum raise.It's funny that this website seems to have every possible forum available except for one devoted to poker videogames.So where else should the guy post his thoughts about Stacked?I put mine in the Poker on Tv section because of the MTV Stacked infomercial.It seems that in the same way many PC game lovers think that console game lovers are worthless scum;many online poker players think that any person hoping for realism in a poker videogame is a complete idiot and shouldn't be allowed to post their comments anywhere.Though,console gamers are constantly trashing rival console users with taunts of "you suck,Nintendo fanboy"etc.,these usually come from 12 year olds.From all the hostility generated by a simple valid complaint about Stacked,I get the impression that many of the people on this site are PC snobs and hate anyone who shows interest in anything but PC or online poker.Obviously,anyone who enjoys both forms of poker is the true winner of the pot!

#43 chrozzo

chrozzo

hiô

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:57 AM

i hope DN will not have to declare bankruptcy as a direct cause of your open disdain for his game
FCP CBO: Chief Beer Officer

I'm kind of a big deal.

#44 jarrodhenry

jarrodhenry

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:20 PM

A couple of things:1) The original poster is correct. An employee of Meylin / 5000ft reiterated it in a public post on PlanetStacked, that when the board has the winning hand, the player with the best hand in the hole wins the entire pot. 2) Daniel is the one that said this game is the best thing ever and would revolutionize the poker world. The original poster did not say anything like that. I have the Inside Stacked DVD where Daniel says outright that anyone who plays this game and beats its single player mode would easily be able to go heads up with him and WIN. Daniel has made it known that he spent hundreds of hours playing this game and giving his input and insight. He stated that he was deeply involved and consulted. If he played this game as much as he said he did, he would have seen the split pot issue.3) Weary or wary, Daniel has now backed two very bad prospects. That means I won't buy his DVD on Hold'em, especially since it's produced by the same company that paid for this game. I don't need poker instruction from someone whose name is on a product like this.4) Lay off the OP. THIS product is in every major store in the US. When a customer walks into walmart wanting a poker video game, they'll buy this one. When they discover how hard it sucks, they'll see Daniel's name and blame him. If they were unfortunate enough to get the "Inside Stacked" DVD, they will actually get to watch Daniel tell bald-faced lies to them. This WILL affect their future opinion. It certainly affected mine and the OPs. Don't blame him for not wanting to fall for this crap again.If you guys don't believe it, fine. If you're in the US, Buy my PS2 copy of Stacked. Drop $15 (Half price) into my account (I'll give it to ya if you're serious) at Full Tilt Poker. I'll send the game via US Priority Mail. Then YOU can just prove me and the OP all wrong.

#45 The Czar

The Czar

Wild Rover

• Members
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:35 PM

I don't know how much or if any of this is true, but if they are awarding split pots based on seven cards, that's beyond ridiculous. You'd think with all the delays someone would have had enough time to browse through Super System. Then again, I don't play poker video games, so I don't really care.
DebatingSports.com- The Fan's Point of View

Email Administrator

#46 neblon

neblon

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:45 PM

any comments Daniel? you seem to be MIA on this subject

#47 socalpoker_j

socalpoker_j

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:46 PM

Still haven't played the game yet, so I can't making any judgments passed what people who own the game have already stated.

#48 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,325 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:55 PM

View Postshufly, on Saturday, July 15th, 2006, 5:03 PM, said:

wea∑ry Audio pronunciation of "weary" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wÓr)adj. wea∑ri∑er, wea∑ri∑est 1. Physically or mentally fatigued. 2. Expressive of or prompted by fatigue: a weary smile. 3. Having one's interest, forbearance, or indulgence worn out: weary of delays. 4. Causing fatigue; tiresome: a weary wait.I'd say #3's good...
CINCIKID GOT OWNED!

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#49 DerekTah

DerekTah

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:04 PM

On the split pot issue, is this just the XBOX version, I don't recall seeing this at all in my PC version.When a split occur it occurs just fine (my only problem is that it should be split based on the lowest chip demonination, not just 50/50).Edit to add: On Daniel lying in the stacked DVD, sadly welcome to the world of computer gaming previews where it is a requirement to lie/emblish about your game. Even if your game is incredible you will still need to lie about it in some way. God forbid someone just be honest about what a game does and does not do.

#50 iveyfan30

iveyfan30

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,620 posts
  • Interests:poker

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:06 PM

View PostLoismustdie, on Friday, July 14th, 2006, 9:50 PM, said:

I try not to take video games to seriously. You should give that tactic a shot.

Good times for a change
See, the luck I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

So please please please
Let me, let me, let me
Let me get what I want
This time

Haven't had a dream in a long time
See, the life I've had
Can make a good man bad

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Lord knows, it would be the first time

#51 DanielSon

DanielSon

Senator Bill Frist's Page

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:10 AM

Wow, Got the response from Meylin Media today. I sent the same email and got the same response. Here it is:Hello,The player must make the best 5 card hand, but must include at least 1 of thecards from his hole cards, or 2. As the board is identical for all players,they then need to look to see the best hands that they can make using theirwhole cards. The pocket 3s is clearly the better hand to combine with theboard, so the result is correct. Your customer number is 1448050Please refer to case #:: 2236962 if you have any further questions. If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online athttp://www.immortalc...nfo/support.php or our technical supportstaff at (410)-568-3660. Please include all previous replies when/if respondingto this message.Best Regards,Dan W. at Myelin Media Technical Supportsupport@myelinmedia.com-----------------------In Staccked for the X-Box there seems to be an error for splitpots. In one hand, the board had AAJJJ and the players had K2 and 33, theentire pot was awarded to the player with 33 instead of being splitbetween the players. Is there a way to fix this issue?I couldn't believe this was true when I read it. Daniel, why do you have your name on a game that makes up rules like this? This is the worst thing I've ever seen. I really want to know what your thoughts are on this. Did you know about these 'other' rules when you signed on? Let us know....Because if you didn't know about it, then that really sucks that you are stuck with your name on a poker game that doesn't even play by the rules.
Daniel Negreanu's Self Appointed Son

#52 Ec5

Ec5

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:I HAVE A DREAM:<br />All the Canadian Tv stations will soon disappear,thus allowing all the American channels to become legally available on Canadian cable and have NO logos or information tickers.

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:32 AM

Hey,Shufly,I just wanted to make sure you know that both the X-Box and Ps2 versions CAN save career tournaments in progress.Just ignore the incorrect screen that says you'll lose your progress(just choose yes) and then the very next screens will be the various save screens.To save career cash games you have to exit out to the player management menu and choose save player.You only can't save in Quick play mode(it uses rebuys and add-ons instead).Also,has anyone noticed the awful slowdown in the PS2 version(especially in 90 player tourneys)?Sometimes,it even won't let me bet for a full 2 seconds as it's frozen in time almost. :club: 95% of the slowdown goes away once I get to the final table,though.

#53 DonkSlayer

DonkSlayer

very, very standard

• Members
  • 5,032 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PL Omaha

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:00 PM

View PostDanielSon, on Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 3:10 PM, said:

Wow, Got the response from Meylin Media today. I sent the same email and got the same response. Here it is:Hello,The player must make the best 5 card hand, but must include at least 1 of thecards from his hole cards, or 2. As the board is identical for all players,they then need to look to see the best hands that they can make using theirwhole cards. The pocket 3s is clearly the better hand to combine with theboard, so the result is correct. Your customer number is 1448050Please refer to case #:: 2236962 if you have any further questions. If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online athttp://www.immortalc...nfo/support.php or our technical supportstaff at (410)-568-3660. Please include all previous replies when/if respondingto this message.Best Regards,Dan W. at Myelin Media Technical Supportsupport@myelinmedia.com-----------------------In Staccked for the X-Box there seems to be an error for splitpots. In one hand, the board had AAJJJ and the players had K2 and 33, theentire pot was awarded to the player with 33 instead of being splitbetween the players. Is there a way to fix this issue?I couldn't believe this was true when I read it. Daniel, why do you have your name on a game that makes up rules like this? This is the worst thing I've ever seen. I really want to know what your thoughts are on this. Did you know about these 'other' rules when you signed on? Let us know....Because if you didn't know about it, then that really sucks that you are stuck with your name on a poker game that doesn't even play by the rules.
This is actually a pretty big deal. Not that a video game doesn't do it exactly right..but that it was promoted, endorsed, and marketed as such. Poker video games are definitely -EV.
Fortune favors the brave.

#54 thrillsoft

thrillsoft

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 495 posts
  • Interests:Poker, poker and other than that... just poker!

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:01 PM

View Postcrimethink_, on Saturday, July 15th, 2006, 6:53 PM, said:

Yea, and that's a great excuse for a poker game not splitting pots correctly...
You are absolutely right. I was just being a smart ***. I was trying to make a point about why anyone on earth would buy a poker game when you can play real poker online anytime day or night? I just don't get it. If you want a realistic poker game, go to: fullcontactpoker.com, pokerstars.com, fulltiltpoker.com, ultimatebet.com, partypoker.com, etc. These are all free downloads and you can play for free as well if you desire.

#55 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:23 PM

Coding and stress testing are a ***** to do. there are so many things that can go wrong, you don't even know. First, people need to document their issues and continue to e-mail support. Support will, hopefully, get their coders on the job and write up a patch, put the patch on GameSpot or whatever and, presto, fix city. While I don't disagree with people;s complaints about buginess, I think it's pretty passive to sit around whining and blaming. Is DN a sofware coder? No. Does he know much about compiling data for a game like this? Probably not. How much time did he spend stress testing? Hell, I don't know. Perhaps not enough but, ultimately, it's not his job to make this game perfect.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#56 jarrodhenry

jarrodhenry

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:41 PM

View PostMercury69, on Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 12:23 PM, said:

Coding and stress testing are a ***** to do. there are so many things that can go wrong, you don't even know. First, people need to document their issues and continue to e-mail support. Support will, hopefully, get their coders on the job and write up a patch, put the patch on GameSpot or whatever and, presto, fix city. While I don't disagree with people;s complaints about buginess, I think it's pretty passive to sit around whining and blaming. Is DN a sofware coder? No. Does he know much about compiling data for a game like this? Probably not. How much time did he spend stress testing? Hell, I don't know. Perhaps not enough but, ultimately, it's not his job to make this game perfect.
No, but it IS his job to STFU about it and stop acting like it's the best poker game in the world. I mean, he told people that they would be well on their way to winning a bracelet with this game.. and now, after the game comes out, he's complaining about the sanctity of bracelets?Seriously. He was a marketing whore for this game. Us giving him his lumps is deserved. Maybe he'll learn from this.

#57 FourFlusher

FourFlusher

Nice Hand, Sir.

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:42 PM

Read the credits: JFarrell, consultant.

#58 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:44 PM

View Postjarrodhenry, on Tuesday, July 18th, 2006, 4:41 PM, said:

No, but it IS his job to STFU about it and stop acting like it's the best poker game in the world. I mean, he told people that they would be well on their way to winning a bracelet with this game.. and now, after the game comes out, he's complaining about the sanctity of bracelets?Seriously. He was a marketing whore for this game. Us giving him his lumps is deserved. Maybe he'll learn from this.
Yes, well, have it your way, Burger King *****.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#59 iveyfan30

iveyfan30

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,620 posts
  • Interests:poker

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:44 PM

i dont get why ppl will buy a video poker game when you can play against other ppl online for fake money if you wish..wouldnt playing other humans teach you the game just as much as a video game would? or maybe im an idiot for not seeing the reason for the game? shrug
Good times for a change
See, the luck I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

So please please please
Let me, let me, let me
Let me get what I want
This time

Haven't had a dream in a long time
See, the life I've had
Can make a good man bad

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want

#60 insano

insano

the human torch

• Members
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:52 PM

I'm shocked that Daniel would put his name on a game like this, and do the amount of endorsing that he did. It's clear that he never actually played the game very much, or the split pot issue would have been noticed long ago.He may have been mislead by a company representative about the quality of the game, etc.... But still, before he went on MTV and told millions of people to go out and buy the game, you would think he would have at least made sure his claims were correct.If the A.I. is as bad as it sounds like it is, then this game is pretty much an all around joke. I'm glad I had no intention of ever buying it.
The Arsonist had oddly shaped feet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users