Actually, for a beginner, his swing is pretty good. Very solid at the top. He comes over the top just a little bit and his weight stays on his back foot but that could be corrected with drills. Very solid foundation to work with.

Actually, for a beginner, he swing is pretty good. Very solid at the top. He comes over the top just a little bit and his weight stays on his back foot but that could be corrected with drills. Very solid foundation to work with.
QFT.Daniel, i play to scratch and Ozium seems to know what he's talking about.You're pretty solid at the top of your backswing. Solid takeaway to start your back swing; however it is a little inside, which puts the club "across the line." When you first start your swing take the club a little further outside which will allow the club ahead to aim towards your target at the top of your swing as opposed to the right of your target. Now comes the most important part of the swing, "the transition move." Everyone including Ben Hogan notes that this is one of the toughest and crutial parts of the swing. Instead of pushing around your body with your right shoulder, pull with your left shoulder,letting your right shoulder feel as if it is dropping!This will allow the club to fall to the inside maybe even producing a draw (small hook) instead of a weak fade or pull hook.

In the words of the lovable John DalyGrip it and Rip it.Anyone who says drive for show and putt for dough, can't hit it over 320.and remember this swing thought; "Just ten more yards, just ten more yards"jk, do not listen to me I suck

The swings shown in the video blog were not good ones. After the blog was over I had my caddie fix it back to where it needs to be and I was hitting the ball great.1) I had to turn my right hand over more. My grip was kind of goofy.2) I needed to hit through the ball. A drill that really worked for that was putting a tee in front of the ball and making sure that I hit the ball as well as the tee in front of it.3) Slowing down my back swing and making sure my palm is facing the sky.4) Making sure that I'm hitting down on the ball instead of sweeping it. I was hitting the ball great on the range. I was making divots in front of the ball rather than behind it which I was doing before. Man, if I could golf today I just know I'd have an awesome round.

The swings shown in the video blog were not good ones. After the blog was over I had my caddie fix it back to where it needs to be and I was hitting the ball great.1) I had to turn my right hand over more. My grip was kind of goofy.2) I needed to hit through the ball. A drill that really worked for that was putting a tee in front of the ball and making sure that I hit the ball as well as the tee in front of it.3) Slowing down my back swing and making sure my palm is facing the sky.4) Making sure that I'm hitting down on the ball instead of sweeping it. I was hitting the ball great on the range. I was making divots in front of the ball rather than behind it which I was doing before. Man, if I could golf today I just know I'd have an awesome round.
At what point in the swing is either palm supposed to face the sky? Everything else I agree with.I'd be interested to see tapes of you swinging on a better day. I still think your biggest problem is coming way 'over the top.'

Gotta say, untill the top, the swing ain't bad. Decent setup......... but Jeez, that is one swing that can't get out of it's own way!WAAAAY bad timing on that downswing. Looks like your arms are racing your hips, and neither one is gonna win, lol.Smooth it up some, relax, and you will be rockin!

Have you ever seen Ivey's golf swing? Daniel looks like Ernie Els compared to Ivey hacking away on a course. I bet Ivey is paying every entry for Daniel in the WSOP this year with his losses on the golf course.

At what point in the swing is either palm supposed to face the sky? Everything else I agree with.I'd be interested to see tapes of you swinging on a better day. I still think your biggest problem is coming way 'over the top.'
I'm guessing during his backswing. Ya know how your club is supposed to be parallel with the ground on the backswing. is your palm facing the sky then?