New Hand Nicknames

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 BWToth

BWToth

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 963 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Philosophy, Liberalism.
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold'em, Omaha Hi/Lo

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:50 AM

View PostXX44466XX, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 3:05 PM, said:

Then go back to Serious Land and STFU.
What is the point of comments such as this?That's what I'm referring to, what is the point?People are immature....I guess that's what happens when these forums are probably generally roamed by 15 yr old kids who think they are the next big thing.Its just sad really."grow a set"...pffst.Get out of my face.

#22 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE for now

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:51 AM

View PostBWToth, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 7:50 AM, said:

What is the point of comments such as this?That's what I'm referring to, what is the point?People are immature....I guess that's what happens when these forums are probably generally roamed by 15 yr old kids who think they are the next big thing.Its just sad really."grow a set"...pffst.Get out of my face.
YSAL STFU
There was madness in any direction, at any hour…You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning…. And that, I think, was the handle-that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting-on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave….So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark-that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

#23 XX44466XX

XX44466XX

I RUFF POKAH!

• Members
  • 3,598 posts
  • Interests:Poker & Boobies & Ninjewtsu
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL HE

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:55 AM

View PostBWToth, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 12:50 PM, said:

Welcome. Here's a Kleenex.Wait for it...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

I think Oscar Wilde was talking about poker.

It's All Fours And Sixes

#24 BWToth

BWToth

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:56 AM

This is fun.I dont' know what those acronyms mean.

#25 XX44466XX

XX44466XX

I RUFF POKAH!

• Members
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:57 AM

View PostBWToth, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 12:56 PM, said:

This is fun.Have you seen my Mommy?

It's All Fours And Sixes

#26 BWToth

BWToth

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:59 AM

I just want an explaination (one backed by logical thought and arguments rather than petty immature putdowns) for why people are so sarcastic and close-minded in these forums, given that these types of attitudes prove to be extremely common.

#27 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:59 AM

View PostBWToth, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 7:56 AM, said:

Y ou S uck At L ife Shut The **** Up
There was madness in any direction, at any hour…You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning…. And that, I think, was the handle-that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting-on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave….So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark-that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

#28 ShardCark

ShardCark

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:00 PM

View PostXX44466XX, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 10:51 AM, said:

46 is now called "Happy Hour." 'Cause from 4 to 6 it's Happy Hour.22 is sometimes referred to as AFLAC, but I'm gonna take it one step further. When you flop a set with it, it becomes the "Glenn Chervin.""It's 9 o'clock on a Saturday..."
My name for 22 is......Anal Warts. I figure since 33 is Crabs, which would you rather have, crabs or anal warts?

#29 BWToth

BWToth

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:00 PM

oh, i see....that's pretty clever then pokerbum.

#30 FatBurger

FatBurger

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 979 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:01 PM

View PostBWToth, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 12:56 PM, said:

You appear to be new to internet forums, so let me write you a simple guide.1. Find a forum with a topic you like.2. Regsiter immediately to secure the lowest possible user ID.3. Read and don't post for as long as it takes you to learn the culture.4. Learn to use the search feature.5. Begin posting, being careful to not make ANY new threads, or posts that disagree with the general public.6. When finally comfortable with the forum, slowly begin to be more sarcastic and mean (if desired). When it appears people have started to dislike you, back off.Things to learn in step 3:Who are the most loved people? Don't disagree with them!Who are the most hated people? Join in when they're flamed!What threads have been discussed into the ground? Don't repost them!What unique thing can you contribute? Do so!Who are the most respected people? Don't disagree with them either!What kind of humor does the forum enjoy? Do you possess it? Act accordingly!
Help eradicate online stupidity, click here

Just so you know, I suck at poker.

#31 XX44466XX

XX44466XX

I RUFF POKAH!

• Members
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:03 PM

Did you really think a thread titled "Hand Nicknames" was gonna be super-serious and revolve around ethics and intellectual deduction and require you to use all 14 of your brain cells and all 3 months of your poker knowledge combined?

View PostFatBurger, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 1:01 PM, said:

You appear to be new to internet forums, so let me write you a simple guide.1. Find a forum with a topic you like.2. Regsiter immediately to secure the lowest possible user ID.3. Read and don't post for as long as it takes you to learn the culture.4. Learn to use the search feature.5. Begin posting, being careful to not make ANY new threads, or posts that disagree with the general public.6. When finally comfortable with the forum, slowly begin to be more sarcastic and mean (if desired). When it appears people have started to dislike you, increase derogative sarcasm by threefold.Things to learn in step 3:Who are the most loved people? Don't disagree with them!Who are the most hated people? Join in when they're flamed!What threads have been discussed into the ground? Don't repost them!What unique thing can you contribute? Do so!Who are the most respected people? Don't disagree with them either!What kind of humor does the forum enjoy? Do you possess it? Act accordingly!
FYPJeez, this is tiring. :club:

It's All Fours And Sixes

#32 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:04 PM

View PostBWToth, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 7:59 AM, said:

I just want an explaination (one backed by logical thought and arguments rather than petty immature putdowns) for why people are so sarcastic and close-minded in these forums, given that these types of attitudes prove to be extremely common.
Here's one People are People and they like to have fun and mess with people that are weaker than them. It is basically Darwin's theory in action. If you can't take the heat and are that hurt then I suggest you try to stop living casue it will happen regardless of where you are.Just simply get over it. Mean People are funny

#33 XX44466XX

XX44466XX

I RUFF POKAH!

• Members
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:06 PM

Sarcasm was God's greatest gift. After Boobies of course.

It's All Fours And Sixes

#34 BWToth

BWToth

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:08 PM

View PostXX44466XX, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 4:02 PM, said:

Did you really think a thread titled "Hand Nicknames" was gonna be super-serious and revolve around ethics and intellectual deduction and require you to use all 14 of your brain cells and all 3 months of your poker knowledge combined?
Not particularly, But I dont' think people, in general, enjoy their ideas and opinions being referred to as stupid or retarded.It is not only in this thread, but a trend throughout the forums. Maybe I should start a new thread about this topic in general.Its merely intriguing to see how defensive and ignorant the majority of the people who post in ALL forums are. And as I assumed my origial reply got lots of feeback. Not surprisingly none of the feedback was very worthwhile.I'm beginning to think their is a direct correlation to the level of thought put into these forums and the level of thought put into people's play at the poker tables.

#35 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:10 PM

View PostXX44466XX, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 8:06 AM, said:

Sarcasm was God's greatest gift. After Boobies of course.
QFT

#36 tobytobey

tobytobey

It's a me....Mario!

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:12 PM

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm Boobies.The come in all shapes, sizes and flavors.
What is the proper way to measure yourself against other forum members..........by Member#

#37 mx957

mx957

Surfing With The Alien

• Members
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Poker and Scuba Diving

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:15 PM

View PostBWToth, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 12:08 PM, said:

Not particularly, But I dont' think people, in general, enjoy their ideas and opinions being referred to as stupid or retarded.It is not only in this thread, but a trend throughout the forums. Maybe I should start a new thread about this topic in general.Its merely intriguing to see how defensive and ignorant the majority of the people who post in ALL forums are. And as I assumed my origial reply got lots of feeback. Not surprisingly none of the feedback was very worthwhile.I'm beginning to think their is a direct correlation to the level of thought put into these forums and the level of thought put into people's play at the poker tables.
I know you've had it rough today newbie....so here's a thread to help you outhttp://www.fullconta...showtopic=64925and just a hint for the future.....search function....it's your friend.
--------------
"King's are Good"

"Ok, Raisey Daisey"

#38 BWToth

BWToth

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:18 PM

View Postmx957, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 4:15 PM, said:

I know you've had it rough today newbie....so here's a thread to help you outhttp://www.fullconta...showtopic=64925and just a hint for the future.....search function....it's your friend.
Search Function for what purpose?I'm not a newbie to poker, only to this forum stuff.Still searching for intelligent responses....

#39 XX44466XX

XX44466XX

I RUFF POKAH!

• Members
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:23 PM

ErikRyland, Tantalar, and BWToth all in the same room is now called the "menage a trois du LOO-SAIRS."

It's All Fours And Sixes

#40 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:24 PM

View PostBWToth, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 8:18 AM, said:

Search Function for what purpose?I'm not a newbie to poker, only to this forum stuff.Still searching for intelligent responses....
There are people still searching for Aliens and they haven't found anything yet. This is a poker forum and frankly you don't deserve any intelligent responses. You come on her and start crying about the forum being mean and then want a serious response...Seriously just either go away or join in the fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users