Jump to content


Prtypsux Pwns


  • Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 Butcho22

Butcho22

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:13 AM

View Postthrillsoft, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 10:43 AM, said:

This is the exact situation I folded them before too. Sometimes, you just KNOW.
The only time you can ever KNOW you are up against aces, is if there are mulitple all ins before you...and at least two of those all ins are from very healthy stacks compared to the field. Then, and only then, could you say you even come close to KNOWING you're against aces. Bottom line....you ready???Roothlus makes more money here in the long run if he calls in this spot...
Tiger Woods is a pimp
Don't believe me? That's his wife on the right
That's her twin sister on the left
You figure it out

IPB Image

#42 NicksDad1970

NicksDad1970

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,022 posts
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:11 AM

I agree with what Royal Tour was saying. If you play in 300 buy ins daily then you might say "screw the small possiblity that he has AA" and go all in. If you normally play in smaller ones then it might be different.Just last night I was playing in a 5$ 3 table SNG and I had 3500 in chips with pretty small blinds and I CALLED a 1000 all in bet with 4-5h. I was bored and when I won the hand I told the others it was a misclick. I agree I can be pathetic. I think it's great that someone can be that confident in their reads to be able to lay down KK. I was blown away when little nickey layed down QQ in that WSOP circuit event.

#43 Butcho22

Butcho22

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:13 AM

View PostNicksDad1970, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 12:11 PM, said:

I agree with what Royal Tour was saying. If you play in 300 buy ins daily then you might say "screw the small possiblity that he has AA" and go all in. If you normally play in smaller ones then it might be different.Just last night I was playing in a 5$ 3 table SNG and I had 3500 in chips with pretty small blinds and I CALLED a 1000 all in bet with 4-5h. I was bored and when I won the hand I told the others it was a misclick. I agree I can be pathetic. I think it's great that someone can be that confident in their reads to be able to lay down KK. I was blown away when little nickey layed down QQ in that WSOP circuit event.
so different....
Tiger Woods is a pimp
Don't believe me? That's his wife on the right
That's her twin sister on the left
You figure it out

IPB Image

#44 NicksDad1970

NicksDad1970

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,022 posts
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:16 AM

View PostButcho22, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 12:13 PM, said:

so different....
I realize a 10k buy in is much more than a 300 buy in on the internet. But if you have 3 million in the bank and I have 100 is there a difference in what 50 dollars means to each of us?But anyway I agree it's totally different. But I was still blown away at how fast little nickey folded.

#45 astros11ss

astros11ss

    the brown man they love to hate

  • Members
  • 1,525 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:thepokerhaus
  • Interests:tournament donking

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:17 AM

THAT'S RESPECT, SON

#46 Butcho22

Butcho22

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:20 AM

View PostNicksDad1970, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 12:16 PM, said:

I realize a 10k buy in is much more than a 300 buy in on the internet. But if you have 3 million in the bank and I have 100 is there a difference in what 50 dollars means to each of us?But anyway I agree it's totally different. But I was still blown away at how fast little nickey folded.
I wasn't talking about the buy in...
Tiger Woods is a pimp
Don't believe me? That's his wife on the right
That's her twin sister on the left
You figure it out

IPB Image

#47 PrtyPSux

PrtyPSux

    WE TAKIN OVER!

  • Members
  • 6,108 posts
  • Location:WPT's

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:22 AM

View PostRoyal_Tour, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 2:42 PM, said:

Ok. heres a question.i like this thread so i wanna keep it going.What is this 300.00 to roothlus, and what is it to Party??If you're in roothlus' shoes, and you play these 300.00 buy-ins daily, or if 300 is a bit lower than your normal buy in, do you make this call?what if its the WSOP ME and you saved up your cash to play, is it now an easy fold?I'm not gonna lie, that my views are based on the idea that its an online tourney, and i'm playing well within my BR so busting is not a big deal.
The fact that its an online tourney SHOULD make a huge difference in wether or not to fold, online tourneys dont usually give you enough room to make big laydowns.However, in this case I think it was a correct fold. Not anything you can beat, simple as that.

#48 Butcho22

Butcho22

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:24 AM

View PostPrtyPSux, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 12:22 PM, said:

The fact that its an online tourney SHOULD make a huge difference in wether or not to fold, online tourneys dont usually give you enough room to make big laydowns.However, in this case I think it was a correct fold. Not anything you can beat, simple as that.
I would think you are a good enough player that your range here is wider than AA....TERRIBLE FOLD
Tiger Woods is a pimp
Don't believe me? That's his wife on the right
That's her twin sister on the left
You figure it out

IPB Image

#49 NicksDad1970

NicksDad1970

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,022 posts
  • Location:Memphis

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:43 AM

View PostButcho22, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 12:20 PM, said:

I wasn't talking about the buy in...
So are you one of those people that won't explain themselves unless you're served with a subpoena?I guess all I was trying to say was (1) I'm impressed with people's ability to lay down huge hands PF (2) for me the size of the buy in would have some bearing on my decision making.

#50 Butcho22

Butcho22

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:53 AM

View PostNicksDad1970, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 12:43 PM, said:

So are you one of those people that won't explain themselves unless you're served with a subpoena?I guess all I was trying to say was (1) I'm impressed with people's ability to lay down huge hands PF (2) for me the size of the buy in would have some bearing on my decision making.
Nothing more needs to be said....read the entire threadROOTHLUS MAKES MORE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN BY CALLING HERE. I don't care what anybody says...there is no way that PrtyPsux only uses this exact line with AA
Tiger Woods is a pimp
Don't believe me? That's his wife on the right
That's her twin sister on the left
You figure it out

IPB Image

#51 Bizzle

Bizzle

    Ninja

  • Members
  • 6,892 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY
  • Interests:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=54291

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:55 AM

View PostButcho22, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 3:53 PM, said:

I don't care what anybody says...there is no way that PrtyPsux only uses this exact line with AA
Well, duh. He did table KK here.
QUOTE(JSHamm @ Monday, October 23rd, 2006, 2:03 PM) View Post
I come here for verbal splooging.

WL/PM

#52 Butcho22

Butcho22

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:59 AM

View PostBizzle, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 12:55 PM, said:

Well, duh. He did table KK here.
My point exactly.....
Tiger Woods is a pimp
Don't believe me? That's his wife on the right
That's her twin sister on the left
You figure it out

IPB Image

#53 Bizzle

Bizzle

    Ninja

  • Members
  • 6,892 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY
  • Interests:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=54291

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:08 PM

View PostButcho22, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 3:59 PM, said:

My point exactly.....
I was being sarcastic. If you have watched Prty play at all, you know that this is a line he would take with AA and KK. There really isn't another hand he would take this line with this early in a tourney. He knows Roothlus well enough that Rooth isn't going to mess with him preflop, and the same knowledge goes in the other direction. This is a situation that is purely unique in terms of the players playing each other, knowing the other's capabilities, and making the correct play throughout the entire hand.
QUOTE(JSHamm @ Monday, October 23rd, 2006, 2:03 PM) View Post
I come here for verbal splooging.

WL/PM

#54 Butcho22

Butcho22

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:23 PM

View PostBizzle, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 1:08 PM, said:

I was being sarcastic. If you have watched Prty play at all, you know that this is a line he would take with AA and KK. There really isn't another hand he would take this line with this early in a tourney. He knows Roothlus well enough that Rooth isn't going to mess with him preflop, and the same knowledge goes in the other direction. This is a situation that is purely unique in terms of the players playing each other, knowing the other's capabilities, and making the correct play throughout the entire hand.
i'll give you that...
Tiger Woods is a pimp
Don't believe me? That's his wife on the right
That's her twin sister on the left
You figure it out

IPB Image

#55 tskillz187

tskillz187

    Great Tiger, you're next!

  • Members
  • 6,131 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brockport/Buffalo, NY

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:39 PM

I stand by the KK fold being correct. What I really want to know is what was going through PrtyPsux mind. Why did he hit the timebank? Was he considering smooth-calling? Did he think he was up against AA? I have a hard time thinking he did it posturing to make roothlus call weak, I mean they do respect each other as very solid MTT players.For those of you that think its a call for Roothlus, I think PPsux would make the exact same laydown if positions were reversed.I hope PPsux replies to this again because I'd like to know what was going through his mind before the 4th raise all-in, I think he had to give consideration that roothlus had AA. What would PPsux line be if Roothlus put it to 900-1200 instead of 650 as Royal had suggested?
Naismith (2:56:11 PM): fuckerflakeoutonmystakingnowmakingmillions

#56 Butcho22

Butcho22

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:42 PM

View Posttskillz187, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 1:39 PM, said:

I stand by the KK fold being correct. What I really want to know is what was going through PrtyPsux mind. Why did he hit the timebank? Was he considering smooth-calling? Did he think he was up against AA? I have a hard time thinking he did it posturing to make roothlus call weak, I mean they do respect each other as very solid MTT players.For those of you that think its a call for Roothlus, I think PPsux would make the exact same laydown if positions were reversed.I hope PPsux replies to this again because I'd like to know what was going through his mind before the 4th raise all-in, I think he had to give consideration that roothlus had AA. What would PPsux line be if Roothlus put it to 900-1200 instead of 650 as Royal had suggested?
you fail to see the big picture don't you?
Tiger Woods is a pimp
Don't believe me? That's his wife on the right
That's her twin sister on the left
You figure it out

IPB Image

#57 tskillz187

tskillz187

    Great Tiger, you're next!

  • Members
  • 6,131 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brockport/Buffalo, NY

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:45 PM

Please Butcho, I don't let my ego get involved anymore, enlighten me. I'm just trying to have some dialogue, though I appreciate your condescending attitude. If you're response is that PPsux did in fact have KK here, I don't care.
Naismith (2:56:11 PM): fuckerflakeoutonmystakingnowmakingmillions

#58 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:45 PM

View PostBizzle, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 1:08 PM, said:

I was being sarcastic. If you have watched Prty play at all, you know that this is a line he would take with AA and KK. There really isn't another hand he would take this line with this early in a tourney. He knows Roothlus well enough that Rooth isn't going to mess with him preflop, and the same knowledge goes in the other direction. This is a situation that is purely unique in terms of the players playing each other, knowing the other's capabilities, and making the correct play throughout the entire hand.
That sums it up nicely.After the strength Roothlus showed, Prty better have a very, very limited range of hands to come over the top there. I think Rooth is dead on to put him on the other two kings or AA at that stage in that tournament. Also, I really don't think Prty has a 'tight' image at all. It has more to do with the situation then Prty's image. Roothlus knows Prty isn't a moron, therefore he can narrow his range of hands far more then he could vs a random internet donkey.As for why would Prty push AA there if that is what he had: Roothlus opens UTG, indicating strength, or at least most of the time. Prty knows he is facing an UTG raise, and re-raises anyway, which 9/10 times (esp at this stage) means a premium hand. Now, Roothlus knows that Prty is probably not messing around, and yet still decides to re-raise. At this point, if I was Prty and I had AA vs most players, a jam is the obvious play. Every sign would lead you to belive that Roothlus is willing to call your jam, and by getting all the chips in pre-flop, you are not giving him a chance to get away from the hand if an ace flops (or any sort of board that might scare him away).The fact that it's Roothlus though, might lead me to cold call the last raise with AA. After the way he played the hand, I could most likely put him on QQ/KK/AA (KK being the most likely since I have AA), and by cold calling his last raise it looks like I have QQ or AK. IF I had AA and jammed, I would know that he is capable of getting away from QQ-KK (unlike most people online). By cold calling I give myself a better chance of getting all his chips at that stage of the tournament. (but also obviously open the door for a 2 outer).Interesting hand and discussion.
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#59 Butcho22

Butcho22

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:55 PM

View PostPMJackson21, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 1:45 PM, said:

That sums it up nicely.After the strength Roothlus showed, Prty better have a very, very limited range of hands to come over the top there. I think Rooth is dead on to put him on the other two kings or AA at that stage in that tournament. Also, I really don't think Prty has a 'tight' image at all. It has more to do with the situation then Prty's image. Roothlus knows Prty isn't a moron, therefore he can narrow his range of hands far more then he could vs a random internet donkey.As for why would Prty push AA there if that is what he had: Roothlus opens UTG, indicating strength, or at least most of the time. Prty knows he is facing an UTG raise, and re-raises anyway, which 9/10 times (esp at this stage) means a premium hand. Now, Roothlus knows that Prty is probably not messing around, and yet still decides to re-raise. At this point, if I was Prty and I had AA vs most players, a jam is the obvious play. Every sign would lead you to belive that Roothlus is willing to call your jam, and by getting all the chips in pre-flop, you are not giving him a chance to get away from the hand if an ace flops (or any sort of board that might scare him away).The fact that it's Roothlus though, might lead me to cold call the last raise with AA. After the way he played the hand, I could most likely put him on QQ/KK/AA (KK being the most likely since I have AA), and by cold calling his last raise it looks like I have QQ or AK. IF I had AA and jammed, I would know that he is capable of getting away from QQ-KK (unlike most people online). By cold calling I give myself a better chance of getting all his chips at that stage of the tournament. (but also obviously open the door for a 2 outer).Interesting hand and discussion.
It's really not fair to group these two hands together...
Tiger Woods is a pimp
Don't believe me? That's his wife on the right
That's her twin sister on the left
You figure it out

IPB Image

#60 Bizzle

Bizzle

    Ninja

  • Members
  • 6,892 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY
  • Interests:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=54291

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:58 PM

View PostPMJackson21, on Thursday, April 27th, 2006, 4:45 PM, said:

Also, I really don't think Prty has a 'tight' image at all. It has more to do with the situation then Prty's image. Roothlus knows Prty isn't a moron, therefore he can narrow his range of hands far more then he could vs a random internet donkey.
Just quoting this because I wanted to be clear that I never said Prty was tight, I was more referring to the fact that his range is so ridiculously limited here. Basically, QFT.Nice post Pat.
QUOTE(JSHamm @ Monday, October 23rd, 2006, 2:03 PM) View Post
I come here for verbal splooging.

WL/PM




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users