Phil Hellmuth On The Circuit

this is seriously worth a listen to. it will change your perceptions of hellmuth. he talks about playing 2000/4000 and beating it, then losing a lot at it..etc. what really got me is how he said he finally is realizing how acting like a ****** looks bad..because he was watching himself on tv and felt like a tool, his wife was laughing at him and his kids were embarassed. but the way he talked, and hearing him uncensored and uncut was great. go phil namuth!

He's been saying the same thing for well over a year (about being embarrased at his own behaviour). Nothing's changed and I doubt it will. The man simply can't control his emotions when he's playing poker.

He came off as the same old Phil to me. Him proclaiming to kill cash games is nothing new. Him name dropping is nothing new. "When I go on a cruise, I ask how many bottles of Dom they have. ??? I'll take them all!" It was funny how they started restocking at port on him. Talk of buying TWO jets, so he could fly from tournament to tournament. There are also Phil Hellmuth calendars and posters if anyone is interested. There's much more. Oh, the juiciest tidbit. He was best friends with Chris Farley until the 5th grade. I guess knowing every celebrity alive just wasn't enough. Definitely worth a listen. :club:

this is seriously worth a listen to. it will change your perceptions of hellmuth. he talks about playing 2000/4000 and beating it, then losing a lot at it..etc. what really got me is how he said he finally is realizing how acting like a ****** looks bad..because he was watching himself on tv and felt like a tool, his wife was laughing at him and his kids were embarassed. but the way he talked, and hearing him uncensored and uncut was great. go phil namuth!
I think he's full of crap. A friend of mine is playing at the Bellagio Tourney, and was at Hellmuth's table on Tuesday. He said Hellmuth reraised preflop w/ AA, and a guy with 10,10 called. The flop came 2 low cards and a 10. Hellmuth ended up calling an all-in bet (and losing of course), and proceeded to berate the guy who called preflop w/ the 10,10. Hellmuth is an ***.
I think he's full of crap. A friend of mine is playing at the Bellagio Tourney, and was at Hellmuth's table on Tuesday. He said Hellmuth reraised preflop w/ AA, and a guy with 10,10 called. The flop came 2 low cards and a 10. Hellmuth ended up calling an all-in bet (and losing of course), and proceeded to berate the guy who called preflop w/ the 10,10. Hellmuth is an ***.
Hellmuth talks about this on the show. He admits that he acted like an idiot.
He came off as the same old Phil to me. Him proclaiming to kill cash games is nothing new. Him name dropping is nothing new. "When I go on a cruise, I ask how many bottles of Dom they have. ??? I'll take them all!" It was funny how they started restocking at port on him. Talk of buying TWO jets, so he could fly from tournament to tournament. There are also Phil Hellmuth calendars and posters if anyone is interested. There's much more. Oh, the juiciest tidbit. He was best friends with Chris Farley until the 5th grade. I guess knowing every celebrity alive just wasn't enough. Definitely worth a listen. :club:
Then he never looked into the cost of owning a jet. Even a small little Citation will drain your BK way more than most people imagine.The Boeing Business jet has a timeshare option, for $11 Million down, $65,000 a month, you get the right to 200 hours of flight time a year at only $5000 an hour.I forget which jet it was but in it's advertisement it bragged that it was only $1000 and hour to operate. That's not cost, that's operating fees. Add in debt service, hanger space, pilot, and PH is going to need to do more than dodge bullets
Hellmuth talks about this on the show. He admits that he acted like an idiot.
Phil is that you? You sure are defending the guy quite a bit. The guy is an absolute tool.

I make my girlfriend watch every poker show that is on TV with me. Well, I don't actually make her. She's just not allowed to watch any of her dumb-*** shows if there is a poker program on at the time so she ends up watching them with me. We were watching the WPT Foxwoods last night and she commented how boring it was without Phil Helmuth on. She LOVES watching him break down like a little girl whenever the slightest bit of adversity strikes.

Hellmuth didnt berate the guy, he cursed the poker gods basically. If you read the cardplayer.com live updates, you'd notice he wrote the report on that hand saying, "He [the other player] deserved the chips".Phil just blows up, it's usually not directed at someone in particular. He just gets pi$$ed."The Circuit" was great, but I wonder why there was no "Mouth".