A Very Upsetting Birthday

As some of the FCP family know, I lost my beloved Pug (Pugly) before the holidays last year. Not a day passes that I do not think of her, it still hurts real bad. I miss seeing her when I get home. Dogs rule and she gave the most unconditional love a dog could give. Anyway, it would have been her 15th Birthday today...I just wanted to say Happy Birthday. Im a sap, sorry.BillsPics2154-copy-copy.jpgBillsPics2273-copy.jpgBillsPics2339-copy.jpgBillsPics2394-copy.jpg

I feel for you man.My wife and I had the same unsettling experience in Feburary. Our little guy would have been 13. We have 3 more dogs and dont look forward to that type of experience anytime soon.....

I had a brittany spaniel that we got about 2 months before I was born.She lived for 14 years, and I got very attached. It's hard when you're young, and you've never had anyone in your family die, then you lose one of your best friends. I still cry a little when I think of when we had to put her down. What could she have been thinking about when she was lying on that table at the vet? How could she know what was going to happen? She was always such a good dog at the vet too, whenever she got a shot, she never cried or anything. She was perfect.I'm crying right now, how embarrassing. I havent cried like this in years.

been through it as well Oziumrules, I know how you feel.you're no sap, thanks for sharing your feelings with us

sorry man that sucks, i use to have a wolf/husky, and he died my mom got a pug, and I hated the thing (because I wanted anohter big dog) but you just have to love pugs.

Thanks everyone for the kindness, I really appreciate it. Im glad I didnt have to deal with the idiot comments sometimes thrown around here. I knew animal lovers would understand my pain, I keep feeling guilty that I didnt do more for her, but she did live a very long and happy life. She was treated better than my girlfriend most of the time...lol...j/k...not really.Thanks...

I lost my dog 9 months ago, he was 16, so he lived a long life, a Lhasa Apso named Macintosh. I also miss him very much, we buried him in the backyard. I know it sucks to not have a pet to look forward to being with when you get home from work/school or otherwise.

yeah, i feel for you both. my cat died in january, and she was almost 17. being only 21, i had her there most of my life and it was really heart breakingits funny, youd never think people could get that attached to an animal..mespot6ml.jpg

To paraphrase: One should not become attached to pets, for they live too short. Nor to humans, for they live too long.
That's deep.
Thanks - just finished the 'hard' ranked Soduko, and guessed the murderer on CSI:NY within 15 minutes, so I'm feeling pretty cerebral...
That's one of the top 10 first posts in recent history.
As some of the FCP family know, I lost my beloved Pug (Pugly) before the holidays last year. Not a day passes that I do not think of her, it still hurts real bad. I miss seeing her when I get home. Dogs rule and she gave the most unconditional love a dog could give. Anyway, it would have been her 15th Birthday today...I just wanted to say Happy Birthday. Im a sap, sorry.BillsPics2154-copy-copy.jpgBillsPics2273-copy.jpgBillsPics2339-copy.jpgBillsPics2394-copy.jpg
this dog has to be one of the coolest looking dogs Ive ever seen. Just looks like she was living the sweet life. Ive always wanted a dog now that Im older but Im afraid I'd get too attached..PS was her tongue always sticking out like that? If so thats even cooler.
yeah, i feel for you both. my cat died in january, and she was almost 17. being only 21, i had her there most of my life and it was really heart breakingits funny, youd never think people could get that attached to an animal..mespot6ml.jpg
that's messed up. I just lost my cat to kidney disease in january of 2005. she was only 6 :D looks familiarpost-172-1144463857.jpgWife also just rescued a dog she found standing in the school yard on st. patty's day. took her to the pound, but her owner said she wasn't coming to get her......how could you leave this beautiful mug behind....? :club:post-172-1144463926.jpgpound said "its a terrier mix" my wife says "with what? Gremlin?" :D