1552 replies to this topic

#41 MDXS

MDXS

Satan is my motor

• Members
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:50 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Tuesday, April 11th, 2006, 12:44 PM, said:

How about that Mike Lowell??? He is LOVING Fenway.
I'll bet. Good things happen when you move a righthanded pull hitter from a pitcher's park to a hitter's park with a short fence in left. No doubt in my mind that he can exceed Millar's numbers by a substantial margin. Heh...Papelbon's so good. 3 pitches and the K to Overbay.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." ~ Seneca

#42 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:58 PM

Very nice win. Pap has the job, no question.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#43 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,413 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:45 PM

"After today’s missed catch, Pena made back-to-back plays on fly balls to end the inning, prompting a mock cheer from the sellout crowd. Pena didn’t get the sarcasm.“That was incredible,” he said. “It gave like more energy to me. They’re happy here, whatever you do.”Um, Wily ..." - Eric Wilbur
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?

#44 aadams_22

aadams_22

Shit Pickle

• Members
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:32 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Tuesday, April 11th, 2006, 7:45 PM, said:

"After today’s missed catch, Pena made back-to-back plays on fly balls to end the inning, prompting a mock cheer from the sellout crowd. Pena didn’t get the sarcasm.“That was incredible,” he said. “It gave like more energy to me. They’re happy here, whatever you do.”Um, Wily ..." - Eric Wilbur
haha
2009 FCP Fantasy Baseball Keeper League Champion

#45 MDXS

MDXS

Satan is my motor

• Members
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:39 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Tuesday, April 11th, 2006, 4:45 PM, said:

Well, whatever. As long as he takes it positively....which is the only thing he's taking these days. Heh...that's really funny though.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." ~ Seneca

#46 oldirtyharry

oldirtyharry

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Baseball, Cards, Partying, Movies....yada yada yada

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:42 AM

I have a feeling Wells is gonna pitch an absolute stinker tonight. Hope I'm wrong.
IPB Image

#47 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

The Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:55 AM

View Postoldirtyharry, on Wednesday, April 12th, 2006, 10:42 AM, said:

I have a feeling Wells is gonna pitch an absolute stinker tonight. Hope I'm wrong.
Well's line tonight. 4.1 IP, 8 H, 3 BB, 3 K, 7 ER
KowboyKoop >>>>>>>>>>> Teneight

Five years in the making

#48 MDXS

MDXS

Satan is my motor

• Members
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:12 AM

View Postoldirtyharry, on Wednesday, April 12th, 2006, 7:42 AM, said:

Yeah...I'm not confident about this one. He was our best starter last year, but I almost hate to see him back in the rotation. Hopefully he's either good again, or so bad we take him under the bleachers and shoot him in the back of the head, make Papelbon the fifth starter, and open up a spot in the bullpen for Hansen.

#49 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,413 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:35 AM

View PostKowboyKoop, on Wednesday, April 12th, 2006, 7:55 AM, said:

Wells line tonight:6 IP, 6 H, 0 BB, 4 K, 2 ER

#50 MDXS

MDXS

Satan is my motor

• Members
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:17 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on Wednesday, April 12th, 2006, 9:35 AM, said:

Wells line tonight:6 IP, 6 H, 0 BB, 4 K, 2 ER
Remember what happened the last time we got into a pitching line prediction contest with Koop? As such, I refuse to participate.

#51 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:27 AM

View PostMDXS, on Wednesday, April 12th, 2006, 2:17 PM, said:

Remember what happened the last time we got into a pitching line prediction contest with Koop? As such, I refuse to participate.
Lol...I was stunningly close last time. Watch this time...he'll take a no-no into the 8th...lol.

Five years in the making

#52 MDXS

MDXS

Satan is my motor

• Members
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:32 AM

View PostKowboyKoop, on Wednesday, April 12th, 2006, 11:27 AM, said:

Lol...I was stunningly close last time. Watch this time...he'll take a no-no into the 8th...lol.
....and then give up seven runs on eight hits.

#53 oldirtyharry

oldirtyharry

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:51 PM

View PostMDXS, on Wednesday, April 12th, 2006, 9:12 AM, said:

Yeah...I'm not confident about this one. He was our best starter last year, but I almost hate to see him back in the rotation. Hopefully he's either good again, or so bad we take him under the bleachers and shoot him in the back of the head, make Papelbon the fifth starter, and open up a spot in the bullpen for Hansen.
hahaaa. Hopefully Foulke can assert himself in case we are forced into that option, although I must say I have a lot of faith in Hansens stuff. Also, I'll join the fun. 5 2/3 ip 5er 3k 2bb 2hr Come on Pokerstar, make me look stupid.
IPB Image

#54 MDXS

MDXS

Satan is my motor

• Members
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:03 PM

View Postoldirtyharry, on Wednesday, April 12th, 2006, 12:51 PM, said:

hahaaa. Hopefully Foulke can assert himself in case we are forced into that option, although I must say I have a lot of faith in Hansens stuff. Also, I'll join the fun. 5 2/3 ip 5er 3k 2bb 2hr Come on Pokerstar, make me look stupid.
Well, he's asserting himself so far. I'd say he looks better than at any point last year. His velocity, while modest, is back to where it was and he's getting guys out. It's early, but he's not one of the guys I'm worried about. And if he sucks again, Dinardo will be the 5th starter. He's servicable, but not ideal. If he sucks, then we wish plan A worked and we got rid of Wells and kept Arroyo.

#55 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,413 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:33 PM

Don't forget we also have Julian Tavarez.

#56 oldirtyharry

oldirtyharry

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:07 PM

Im thinking lots of offense tonight as it is so warm. My player pick of the night is: Manny Ramirez. I know, easy pick. But he is due. Really, really due. Cheers. Lets go SOX
IPB Image

#57 oldirtyharry

oldirtyharry

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:40 PM

Unfortunatly, so far my prediction is right. We need Manny to hit a bomb or two asap
IPB Image

#58 MDXS

MDXS

Satan is my motor

• Members
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:11 PM

Wells is one step closer to the glue factory.On the plus side, Wily Mo not only took two pitches, but he hit a foul home run as well.

#59 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:43 PM

View PostKowboyKoop, on Wednesday, April 12th, 2006, 10:55 AM, said:

Wells just left after 4 innings pitched..6 runs in so far..with one runner on base...if that guys scores this inning then I'll be pretty close once again..lol.

Five years in the making

#60 MDXS

MDXS

Satan is my motor

• Members
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:44 PM

View PostKowboyKoop, on Wednesday, April 12th, 2006, 7:55 AM, said:

4 IP, 10 H, BB, K, 6 ER, responsible for the runner on first.Dammit Koop, if you're going to make these predictions, couldn't some of them be positive?Edit: The guy scored. Ugh.On the plus side, Pena drew a walk last inning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users