#1541 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:27 AM

View PostHollywoodAFD, on Monday, October 17th, 2011, 6:30 AM, said:

Wait.... what?
What would you like clarification about? Also: weird that you show up now that the Rangers are doing well in the playoffs. Really weird how that happens.

#1542 HollywoodAFD

HollywoodAFD

Why so serious?

• Members
  • 6,527 posts
  • Interests:Poker and hockey
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold em

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

View PostDread Aidan, on Monday, October 17th, 2011, 10:27 AM, said:

What would you like clarification about? Also: weird that you show up now that the Rangers are doing well in the playoffs. Really weird how that happens.
I showed up at the first of the season.... just saw his remark about the records of the 2 teams... don't get it.I'm a Sox fan as well so don't get all defensive.

"If it wasn't for luck I'd win every one" -- Phil Hellmuth

QUOTE (Suited_Up @ Tuesday, July 1st, 2008, 9:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Hollywood is fake though, I might know who it is. If not, then I'm scared for the world.

QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Tuesday, March 18th, 2008, 5:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey leave hollywoodafd alone. he is a quality poster and can post any time he wants.

QUOTE (LongLiveYorke @ Friday, February 26th, 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, I agree with Hollywood... weeeee

#1543 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,405 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

Bobby Freaking Valentine is finally starting to dawn on me. This will be interesting at the very least.Pretty weak that John Lackey is still on the team. If we keep him he's gonna get booed hard so maybe that'll motivate him to suck less. Also Wakefield might be retiring, mostly because the Sox probably aren't gonna offer him a contract. He'll probably stay involved in baseball somehow, but I still think the stupid Red Sox should keep him for another year at least. It's conceivable he could pitch elsewhere too maybe.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#1544 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 6,300 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:47 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on Thursday, January 26th, 2012, 5:13 PM, said:

Bobby Freaking Valentine is finally starting to dawn on me. This will be interesting at the very least.Pretty weak that John Lackey is still on the team. If we keep him he's gonna get booed hard so maybe that'll motivate him to suck less. Also Wakefield might be retiring, mostly because the Sox probably aren't gonna offer him a contract. He'll probably stay involved in baseball somehow, but I still think the stupid Red Sox should keep him for another year at least. It's conceivable he could pitch elsewhere too maybe.
Lackey's pretty much out the whole year.They're trying the real shitty method of signing a lot of older guys, hoping one or two of them turn into what Colon and Garcia were for the Yankees last year. Padilla, et al. It could be ugly.
Marital Aids.

#1545 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on Thursday, January 26th, 2012, 4:13 PM, said:

Also Wakefield might be retiring
Yep, retired.Guess it's time for a new account for you.Might I suggest Rance Handsome?Wait, no, that's going to be my next one; don't use that one!Edit:DJ Gallo @DJGalloESPNTim Wakefield is retiring at 45. He was the last player in the majors to have played for a winning Pirates team. So depressing.

#1546 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,405 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on Friday, February 17th, 2012, 11:52 AM, said:

Edit:DJ Gallo @DJGalloESPNTim Wakefield is retiring at 45. He was the last player in the majors to have played for a winning Pirates team. So depressing.
Ha!P.S. Red Sox are dumb for not offering Wake a contract. I'd bet there's something like a 20% chance he pitches again, but maybe that's wishful thinking. Pretty solid career overall. 200-180.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?

#1547 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Simmons and Schur exchange e-mails.My favorite paragraph:Schur: I think the whole front office — or at least a good chunk of it — was obsessed with Crawford. I blame Varitek and Mirabelli, because every time the Sox played the Rays, Crawford would single, steal second, steal third, steal home, then come out of the dugout and steal first, then steal second and third on one pitch, then reverse-steal second again just so he could steal third and home on the following pitch.

#1548 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,405 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

nickcafardo From what I'm hearing the Jacoby Ellsbury injury to his right shoulder doesn't sound good.
Fuuuuuuuuck. In other news, the Sox won their home opener for the 8th straight year.

#1549 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,405 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Will Middlebrooks is absolutely killing it. Youk may not have a job waiting for him when he gets back from the DL.

#1550 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

After an 8-6 win over the Orioles, Red Sox slugger David Ortiz went on a rant, saying he was disrespected by the media and the front office despite the fact that he's "the kind of [expletive] who worries about winning games." "And not just baseball games," he continued. "What about Hungry, Hungry Hippos? I never lose that game. I'll pound that plastic hippo until it breaks. Ask me how many hippos I've broken over the years. Ask me how many kids were crying after Big Papi broke the green hippo. A thousand, at least. And I have a secret. You know what my secret is?" Here, Ortiz leaned forward and lowered his voice to a whisper. "If the game is really close, I'll eat the marbles myself. That's my secret. I'm the hungriest hippo."

#1551 timwakefield

timwakefield

• Members
  • 14,405 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

Is that from The Onion?

#1552 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

It's from Shane Ryan's "About Last Night" column on Grantland. He recaps several sports stories every day. The beginning is something that actually happened and then he just makes stuff up. Usually pretty funny.Rookie catcher Devin Mesoraco hit his first career grand slam as the Reds finished a four-game sweep of the Braves with a 6-3 win. "You know what that means, rookie!" said Reds slugger Joey Votto in the dugout. "Four postgame spanks!" The other Reds quietly told Mesoraco that no, that's not what it meant, and he should probably stay away from Votto for a while.

#1553 chrozzo

chrozzo

hi™

• Members
  • 23,047 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

heres how you can tell this forum has/had diehard Red Sox fans...
FCP CBO: Chief Beer Officer

I'm kind of a big deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users