• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

#1 FoxwoodsPro

FoxwoodsPro

FCPs Black Sheep

• Members
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:40 AM

So I go out with the boys last night to celebrate some more winnings. Play a lil pool, get a lil food, get a lot of Long Island Iced teas. Then I get to go have sex with this girl im seeing. But on my way I hit a police cruiser who has his lights on and get a DUI. Has to be one of the dumbest things a human being can do. Already got license revoked for atleast a month. I guess ill be logging major internet poker hours. Flaming of course will ensue, but anybody know how much this will cost me.J :club: :D :D :D
*********KING OF GEN POP*********

#2 Pokergolf

Pokergolf

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:duh

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:45 AM

It will cost you the .0003 % of dignity that you still have left.Attorney to be rid of DUI (going rates in MO so yours will be more): 2500Court costs: 200 +Fine: At least 250 and likely a lot moreArrest and Conviction records: No price on that..........and once you get a DUI on your rap sheet you best not get another, because at that point, depending on the laws of whatever cave you live in, you are starting to face the prospect of real jail timeAn arrogant FCP Poster smacking into a cop car drunk on his way to his so-called girlfriends house: Priceless
The Llama said you will receive no money for your efforts, but before you die, when you are on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.....so I got that going for me.........which is nice.

Carl Spackler

#3 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,680 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:45 AM

bout 5 grand short term, lot more long term.smooth move, exlax

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#4 CodyHartman

CodyHartman

My Son is More Punk Rawk Then You

• Members
  • 3,687 posts
  • Interests:My new baby boy, my pugs, my awesome wife of 6 years, MMA, pokah, and my nintendo DS.
  • Favorite Poker Game:$.50/1 LHE

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:46 AM

I got my license revoked for a moth. I just didnt drive drunk or speed and had no problems.
Stars: KingOfDaClub
UB & Tilt: CodyHartman

Need rakeback? PM me

#5 FoxwoodsPro

FoxwoodsPro

FCPs Black Sheep

• Members
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:47 AM

WHats the difference record wise between OUI and DUI.J

#6 OrzyVibe

OrzyVibe

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:48 AM

:club: Smooth move, ExLax, really does sum it up.

#7 Oneeydjaq

Oneeydjaq

Incorrigible

• Members
  • 1,147 posts
  • Interests:Cards, golf, sports, anything that isn't boring.

View PostFoxwoodsPro, on Wednesday, April 5th, 2006, 7:40 AM, said:

So I go out with the boys last night to celebrate some more winnings. Play a lil pool, get a lil food, get a lot of Long Island Iced teas. Then I get to go have sex with this girl im seeing. But on my way I hit a police cruiser who has his lights on and get a DUI. Has to be one of the dumbest things a human being can do. Already got license revoked for atleast a month. I guess ill be logging major internet poker hours. Flaming of course will ensue, but anybody know how much this will cost me.J :club: :D :D :D
After its all said and done, if its your first DUI you can expect about 6-10k, depending on the state. Dont even bother with an attorney. You will be able to negotiate a deal for as little as possible just fine yourself with the DA. Given you hit a police cruiser, does not help matters. However, if you had a BAC under .10 you will likely be able to plea down to DWAI. If not look to get it dropped down to only DUI, I am sure they have other charges as well. Find out about any alcohol classes in the state you are in, the court will likely assign these to you anyway. You might as well get started early, will only help with sentencing. Overall, dont beat yourself up too much, I did for a month, it hurt my poker game, my morale, and my overall outlook on life for that month. Just forgive yourself, and do what you have to do. Everyone makes mistakes, what matters most is what you take from those mistakes, and how you apply that to your life moving forward. Good luck.

#8 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

the dynamo of volition

• Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Interests:playing all your best games

it will cost you at least 19 winning sessions - only a rough estimate though
~certified bumhunter~

#9 pokerplayer24

pokerplayer24

supernova

• Members
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:49 AM

View PostShakeZuma, on Wednesday, April 5th, 2006, 7:45 AM, said:

bout 5 grand short term, lot more long term.smooth move, exlax
Yep.Expect your insurance to go through the roof when you do get your license back. And that could be a while.

#10 FoxwoodsPro

FoxwoodsPro

FCPs Black Sheep

• Members
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:53 AM

View PostOneeydjaq, on Wednesday, April 5th, 2006, 7:48 AM, said:

After its all said and done, if its your first DUI you can expect about 6-10k, depending on the state. Dont even bother with an attorney. You will be able to negotiate a deal for as little as possible just fine yourself with the DA. Given you hit a police cruiser, does not help matters. However, if you had a BAC under .10 you will likely be able to plea down to DWAI. If not look to get it dropped down to only DUI, I am sure they have other charges as well. Find out about any alcohol classes in the state you are in, the court will likely assign these to you anyway. You might as well get started early, will only help with sentencing. Overall, dont beat yourself up too much, I did for a month, it hurt my poker game, my morale, and my overall outlook on life for that month. Just forgive yourself, and do what you have to do. Everyone makes mistakes, what matters most is what you take from those mistakes, and how you apply that to your life moving forward. Good luck.
Thank you sir it was .17anyone know how much an OUI will cost me if I plea down to that, also do you really think itll be a good idea to start classes now? I should def talk to my lawyer bout that. J

#11 WhiteSpade

WhiteSpade

2009 FCHL2 Champion

• Members
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:56 AM

View PostFoxwoodsPro, on Wednesday, April 5th, 2006, 7:53 AM, said:

Thank you sir it was .17anyone know how much an OUI will cost me if I plea down to that, also do you really think itll be a good idea to start classes now? I should def talk to my lawyer bout that. J
You are a freakin idiot, and lucky nobody got hurt. I hope you never get your license back - but as dumb as you are you'll probably drive anyway.

#12 Yoda

Yoda

FCP Superstars Champion, Jedi Master & Lesbian Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,824 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:57 AM

.17? lol oh man - Don't do that again or you can get ready to grab your ankles (prison) I bought a breathalyzer mostly for fun use and to "see how drunk we could get" type nights.... .21 was usually a max and sign of vomitting, .17 is pretty impressive.

[15:06] <Jan99> go J E T S

#13 Dratj

Dratj

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,339 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:58 AM

This is not a real post, is it?

#14 WhiteSpade

WhiteSpade

2009 FCHL2 Champion

• Members
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:59 AM

"0.16 0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a "sloppy drunk."

#15 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:00 AM

View PostCodyHartman, on Wednesday, April 5th, 2006, 11:46 AM, said:

I got my license revoked for a moth. I just didnt drive drunk or speed and had no problems.
FOR A MOTH!?!? Wow, that'll eat through your clothes. Did it fly RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?!?! Hypnotise you with it's deadly moth hypnosis?!?! /sw
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#16 pokerplayer24

pokerplayer24

supernova

• Members
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:00 AM

View PostYoda, on Wednesday, April 5th, 2006, 7:57 AM, said:

.17? lol oh man - Don't do that again or you can get ready to grab your ankles (prison) I bought a breathalyzer mostly for fun use and to "see how drunk we could get" type nights.... .21 was usually a max and sign of vomitting, .17 is pretty impressive.
Lol I always wonder on those crazy nights how high my BAC might be.Whats it normally take to get to .1

#17 OrzyVibe

OrzyVibe

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:01 AM

View PostWhiteSpade, on Wednesday, April 5th, 2006, 7:59 AM, said:

"0.16 0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a "sloppy drunk."
He hit a freaking police cruiser...that's all you have to know. :club:

#18 WhiteSpade

WhiteSpade

2009 FCHL2 Champion

• Members
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:01 AM

View Postpokerplayer24, on Wednesday, April 5th, 2006, 8:00 AM, said:

Whats it normally take to get to .1
5 drinks in 1 hour for a 180 pound male

#19 Oneeydjaq

Oneeydjaq

Incorrigible

• Members
  • 1,147 posts
  • Interests:Cards, golf, sports, anything that isn't boring.

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:02 AM

With a BAC of .17 you can expect they will not plea down to OUI. You weren't over a .20 which means you have SOME room to bargain with, but not that much. Expect around 40 hours community service, 1 year probation (50$ a month or so), around 500$ in fines and fees, possibly 10 days in home detention (little ankle bracelet) or work release (about 200$), about 40 hours of alcohol classes (those are around 25$ each usually), possibly monitored sobriety (either breathalyzers or medication (anabuse)), jacked up insurance, and suspended liscense for anywhere from 90 days to a year.

#20 KidSquamish

KidSquamish

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:03 AM

View PostFoxwoodsPro, on Wednesday, April 5th, 2006, 11:40 AM, said:

Then I get to go have sex with this girl im seeing. But on my way I hit a police cruiser who has his lights on and get a DUI. :club: :D :D :D
Question: Why did you have to specify that you were going to have sex? Is that supposed to justify your drunken driving? Or it supposed to make you look like a playa' in our eyes? You drove drunk and got busted. It doesn't matter that you drunk dialed some chick you dated last month and thought for some illogical reason that you had a one-outer of a chance at some sex.You're a criminal and you got caught. Idiot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users