• Please log in to reply
1244 replies to this topic

#41 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

The Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:03 AM

04/08/06 -- Chicago White Sox (1-3) vs. Kansas City Royals (1-2); 1:10 CTStarting Pitchers: Javier Vazquez (CWS) vs. Denny Bautista (KC)Starting Lineups: White Sox: LF Scott Podsednik (3 G, .000 BA, .071 OBP, 0 HR, 1 RBI, .071 OPS)2B Tadahito Iguchi (3 G, .455 BA, ..533 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, 1.079 OPS)DH Jim Thome (4 G, .333 BA, .579 OBP, 2 HR, 3 RBI, 1.412 OPS)1B Paul Konerko (4 G, .222 BA, .250 OBP, 0 HR, 3 RBI, .528 OPS)C A. J. Pierzynski (4 G, .333 BA, .429 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, .845 OPS)3B Joe Crede (3 G, .271 BA, .333 OBP, 0 HR, 1 RBI, .788 OPS)RF Rob Mackowiak (4 G, .273 BA, .429 OBP, 0 HR, 3 RBI, .701 OPS)SS Juan Uribe (4 G, .286 BA, .353 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, .710 OPS)CF Brian Anderson (3 G, .250 BA, .308 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, .641 OPS)Royals: CF Shane Costa (2 G, .333 BA, .333 OBP, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1.667 OPS)2B Mark Grudzielanek (3 G, .167 BA, .237 OBP, 0 HR, 0 RBI, .564 OPS)DH Mike Sweeney (3 G, .100 BA, .308 OBP, 0 HR, 0 RBI, .508 OPS)RF Reggie Sanders 3 G, .300 BA, .364 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, .664 OPS)1B Doug Mientkiewicz (3 G, .200 BA, .182 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, .482 OPS)LF Emil Brown (3 G, .273 BA, .333 OBP, 1 HR, 3 RBI, .970 OPS)3B Mark Teahen (3 G, .091 BA, .091 OBP, 0 HR, 1 RBI, .182 OPS)SS Angel Berroa (3 G, .444 BA, .444 OBP, 0 HR, 2 RBI, 1.111 OPS)C Paul Bako (0 G, .000 BA, .000 OBP, 0 HR, 0 RBI, .000 OPS)
KowboyKoop >>>>>>>>>>> Teneight

Five years in the making

#42 Hobbes

Hobbes

Hard at work

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:06 AM

Koop, about how many games do you go to in a year?

#43 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:28 AM

View PostHobbes, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 12:06 PM, said:

Koop, about how many games do you go to in a year?
Unfortunately...the combo of me living nearly four hours from the ballpark and me being a college student limits my ability to go. I probably get to three games a year....but hopefully I'll be able to get to a lot more once college is over. For now, I have to settle for listening to the games on the radio...since I live in "Cardinals country" in terms of TV coverage.....

Five years in the making

#44 MDXS

MDXS

Satan is my motor

• Members
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:03 AM

View PostKowboyKoop, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 9:28 AM, said:

Unfortunately...the combo of me living nearly four hours from the ballpark and me being a college student limits my ability to go. I probably get to three games a year....but hopefully I'll be able to get to a lot more once college is over. For now, I have to settle for listening to the games on the radio...since I live in "Cardinals country" in terms of TV coverage.....
Sucks, but I can relate. I went to school in "Yankee country." The YES network is the most loathesome station ever.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." ~ Seneca

#45 wsox8

wsox8

trying to break even at LIFE

• Members
  • 11,499 posts
  • Interests:cheese, apple juice, raisins

Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:16 AM

KC doesn't deserve it's own thread

#46 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:02 PM

View Postwsox8, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 2:16 PM, said:

How about you quit wasting your energy here and start focusing on praying for your team to actually scratch together a little offense against our "crappy" pitching...lol.Also...one comment I'd like to make...I'm watching the game on WGN...and EVERY time a fly ball is hit by Chicago into the outfield it is "Oh..that ball is crushed..and oh boy the wind is blowing in so hard and it dies down...I tell ya, on any other day that ball would be way outta here..." but funny thing.....EVERY SINGLE TIME the Royals do that EXACT same thing...."oh....he jammed him.....the wind has died down now..hardly blowing at all right now..nice pitch....didn't get good contact..." and blah blah blah. God I hate the ChiSox homer announcers...all they do is b*tch about EVERY little thing that goes wrong for them.....but when they get lucky it's all skill.

Five years in the making

#47 Hobbes

Hobbes

Hard at work

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:07 PM

View PostKowboyKoop, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 1:02 PM, said:

God I hate the ChiSox homer announcers
I hate every announcer that openly roots for a team to win. Cubs and White Sox seem to be the worst though.

#48 MDXS

MDXS

Satan is my motor

• Members
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:10 PM

View PostKowboyKoop, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 12:02 PM, said:

How about you quit wasting your energy here and start focusing on praying for your team to actually scratch together a little offense against our "crappy" pitching...lol.Also...one comment I'd like to make...I'm watching the game on WGN...and EVERY time a fly ball is hit by Chicago into the outfield it is "Oh..that ball is crushed..and oh boy the wind is blowing in so hard and it dies down...I tell ya, on any other day that ball would be way outta here..." but funny thing.....EVERY SINGLE TIME the Royals do that EXACT same thing...."oh....he jammed him.....the wind has died down now..hardly blowing at all right now..nice pitch....didn't get good contact..." and blah blah blah. God I hate the ChiSox homer announcers...all they do is b*tch about EVERY little thing that goes wrong for them.....but when they get lucky it's all skill.
Agreed on that first point. I HATE it when announcers do that. It's pretty much why I hated the YES broadcast team so much. Michael Kay....god, I can't even TYPE his name without being brought to the boiling point. Since it's the Yankees, they treat everyone on the team like he's a god among men. Especially when they were playing the Red Sox. They'd always talk up their team, while bringing up all the faults of the opposing team, real or imaginary. Thankfully, the Red Sox announcers, while favoring the Sox of course, do a good job of praising opponents for their skills and pointing out problems with the home town team.

View PostHobbes, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 12:07 PM, said:

I hate every announcer that openly roots for a team to win. Cubs and White Sox seem to be the worst though.
And I'd like to add that I hate just about every announcer associated with Fox or ESPN. They're all retarded. Except for Al Leiter....he knows his stuff and can communicate it well. Oh, and Tony Gwynn whenever he does a game. Tony Gwynn's the man.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." ~ Seneca

#49 Hobbes

Hobbes

Hard at work

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:14 PM

Vin Scully is the man.

#50 pockets

pockets

Testicles

• Members
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:30 PM

View PostHobbes, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 1:07 PM, said:

Clearly you don't watch a lot of TBS.
Erick Lindgren: (4:26 PM ET ) I think most men at some point hit on Clonie Gowen.

"Besides the pitching, the other X-factor is the hitting."
-Joe Morgan

#51 Hobbes

Hobbes

Hard at work

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:42 PM

View Postpockets, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 1:30 PM, said:

Clearly you don't watch a lot of TBS.
They are bad, but the Cubs and White Sox guys are worse. "C'mon Paulie, get a clutch hit..... Yes! High five!"

#52 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:44 PM

Royals down 3-2 in bottom of 8th.....Sweeney hits a two run shot to make it 4-3. Regardless of whether we win or lose this game, we're clearly playing MUCH better baseball than we did last year..and that is encouraging. Except for a couple bad innings here and there so far...we've actually had some good pitching..especially Bautista today. We're getting better.

Five years in the making

#53 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:00 PM

View Postwsox8, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 2:16 PM, said:

I'm sorry..what was that?? I couldn't hear you...the sounds of your hitters crying because they stood no chance against the entity known as Ambiorix Burgos closing your *** out was drowning you out. Yeah..that's right...I told you we were getting better...but you keep on taking us for granted.Oh, but good luck trying to avoid the sweep tomorrow and "climb" to 2-4.OWNED!!!!!

Five years in the making

#54 Hobbes

Hobbes

Hard at work

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:10 PM

You can put it on the booooooard...YES!

#55 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:13 PM

04/08/06 -- Game RecapWhite Sox 3, Royals 4Winning Pitcher: DessensLosing Pitcher: PolliteSave: Ambiorix "Get the f*ck out of my batter's box" BurgosBox Score: http://mlb.mlb.com/N...chamlb_kcamlb_1Game Summary: Great game for Kansas City. Got six extremely good innings from 25 year old Denny Bautista. Allowed one hit and one run over six innings, though he did walk five. Very encouraging performance though..as he has pretty nasty stuff and can realistically be our ace if he stays healthy. From the 'pen, Luke Hudson was impressive, Sisco struggled a bit by not being able to keep the ball down, Elmer Dessens got out of a big jam with a double play and was awesome for the third straight outing...and to close it out, Ambiorix Burgos struck out the first two batters with perfect 97 mph fastballs on the outside corner at the knees...and retired the side in order for the save. Defensively, Minky bobbled a ball..but other than that it was pretty solid defense...including two double plays. Offensively, Vazquez pitched very well..but we were able to stratch out two runs off of him with a key double from Sanders...and then down 3-2 in the 8th..Sweeney hit a two run homerun after Grudz's third hit of the game to give KC the lead for good. Only 7 hits altogether..but we got the big hits when we needed them. All-around good ballgame....which makes three good ballgames we have played now out of four..which is very encouraging. Also...Shane Costa batted leadoff and despite only going 1-for-4, had three very good at-bats and looked very good today.Keep on taking us for granted ChiSox...good luck trying to avoid the 1-5 start. (Gotta get my bragging in while I can....)

View PostHobbes, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 4:10 PM, said:

Surprisingly, they were stunningly silent when Sweeney "put it on the board" to give KC the win...funny thing.

Five years in the making

#56 forumjp

forumjp

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:00 PM

View Postwsox8, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 12:16 PM, said:

lol~btw...only reason KC won because white sox are not even as good as what everyone think them to be~everyone think they the champ and since they improved their lineup...they would go back to the world series..that is sooo far off~ it was the most miracle sox season last year so anyone that believes in garland or garcia or contreras will actually see the truth this year..and oh yeah...konerko sukks, so does podsednik~ only guy that is any good on the lineup is thome..lol~iguchi sukks tooso does uribeand dyeumm...pretty much everyoneoh and the new guy brian andersonoh..wait...and jenksand cotts..and politteand lastly...guillen~

#57 Hobbes

Hobbes

Hard at work

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:05 PM

View Postforumjp, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 7:00 PM, said:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: forumjp. · View this post · Un-ignore forumjp

#58 KowboyKoop

KowboyKoop

• Members
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:21 PM

View Postforumjp, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 9:00 PM, said:

I'm the biggest retard of all time.
Yeah...that kind of goes without saying....

Five years in the making

#59 Azreous

Azreous

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Quite hypnotic.
  • Favorite Poker Game:7-Card Stud

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:42 PM

View Postforumjp, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 7:00 PM, said:

only guy that is any good on the lineup is thome..lol~
Saying Jim Thome is the only good player in that lineup is like saying Scott Podsednik would be best in the cleanup spot.Except even more retarded than that.But hey, keep on truckin'.
Steve Nash, Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire;
Marcus Banks, Leandro Barbosa, James Jones, Jalen Rose, Kurt Thomas.

Find 10 who can beat it.

#60 kers2

kers2

VICTORY!

• Members
  • 5,630 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:47 AM

View PostKowboyKoop, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 5:00 PM, said:

I'm sorry..what was that?? I couldn't hear you...the sounds of your hitters crying because they stood no chance against the entity known as Ambiorix Burgos closing your *** out was drowning you out. Yeah..that's right...I told you we were getting better...but you keep on taking us for granted.Oh, but good luck trying to avoid the sweep tomorrow and "climb" to 2-4.OWNED!!!!!
Koop you are KILLIN me lately. Who knew you had such comedic talent? I'm definitely gonna have to be a regular in this thread.

View PostHobbes, on Saturday, April 8th, 2006, 5:10 PM, said:

Also hilariousYou have chosen to ignore all posts from: forumjp.· View this post· Un-ignore forumjpThis douche is the only person I have ever chosen to ignore... and it is well worth it
QUOTE(DinkDonk @ Thursday, September 4th, 2008, 12:40 PM) View Post
I guess this is all unnecessary rambling because Hollywood personifies something I hate about most people. He can take valuable knowledge, stare it right in the fucking face and never let a single sentence absorb into his brain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users