• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 holdemily

holdemily

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:58 PM

it looks as part of their bracelet race schedule, full tilt is throwing out a satellite for the ladies only wsop event.since i might be the only woman on this forum, come by and wish me luck, saturday at 5pm!one question...how do they know you're a woman signing up? i don't ever remember putting gender in to the site.

#2 Got The Nutz

Got The Nutz

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:59 PM

well i guess if you won and showed up as a man they might know somethings up!
Christian Umlauf

#3 Randy Reed

Randy Reed

Words up!

• Members
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:02 PM

View Postholdemily, on Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 12:58 PM, said:

it looks as part of their bracelet race schedule, full tilt is throwing out a satellite for the ladies only wsop event.since i might be the only woman on this forum, come by and wish me luck, saturday at 5pm!one question...how do they know you're a woman signing up? i don't ever remember putting gender in to the site.
You really should get out more.
Waiting for the winds of change
To sweep the clouds away
Waiting for the rainbow's end
To cast its gold your way
Countless ways
You pass the days

#4 j2k99

j2k99

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:poker, golf, basketball, movies, video games

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:08 PM

View Postholdemily, on Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 3:58 PM, said:

why don't you prove first that you're a woman :club:

#5 21gambit

21gambit

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:10 PM

View PostRandy Reed, on Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 1:02 PM, said:

You really should get out more.
ZeeJustinas gonna take it down, shes was a relative unknown until she came out of nowhere a few months ago and started dominating online.
The avatar is borrowed

#6 phlegm

phlegm

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:15 PM

Dont see how this can possibly work. How can they tell a woman is actually playing and not her husband or boyfriend.
I am not an alcoholic

I am a drunk

Alcoholics go to meetings

#7 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:17 PM

View Postphlegm, on Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 3:15 PM, said:

Dont see how this can possibly work. How can they tell a woman is actually playing and not her husband or boyfriend.
It doesn't really matter until they win the seat does it?Once they do... then they have to have some tits!
-Kurt

#8 SleepyPkrLdy

SleepyPkrLdy

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Golf, poker,......a lot of other misc things that take way to much time to list.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold'em

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:26 PM

*raises hand* I'm female too!.....uh but I won't be in the event. But I wish you the best of luck!~SPL~
"Whatever it is you have a passion for, never give up - never back down. Only we can set the limit of how far we can go. Your sky - your limit."

#9 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,655 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:28 PM

View Postholdemily, on Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 3:58 PM, said:

asl

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#10 Crazee8s

Crazee8s

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:23 PM

View PostShakeZuma, on Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 1:28 PM, said:

asl
classic!
O

#11 Royal_Tour

Royal_Tour

Sherlock Holmes of butt sex

• Members
  • 14,322 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:27 PM

View PostShakeZuma, on Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 1:28 PM, said:

asl
LOL. u uber nerd

#12 chrozzo

chrozzo

hi™

• Members
  • 23,046 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:03 PM

I hate all these ladies tournaments!!Why not a Mens only tournament....most ppl say "oh its a mans game predominantly anyways, so why?" but still! this is sexist....its like when that one woman played on the the PGA tour, why is there even a LPGA when she did that!?bs
FCP CBO: Chief Beer Officer

I'm kind of a big deal.

#13 vonteego3

vonteego3

Putting dogs ahead of people since 2005

• Members
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:24 PM

View Postchrozzo, on Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 5:03 PM, said:

I hate all these ladies tournaments!!Why not a Mens only tournament....most ppl say "oh its a mans game predominantly anyways, so why?" but still! this is sexist....its like when that one woman played on the the PGA tour, why is there even a LPGA when she did that!?bs
I dunno, maybe because it's intended to get more women playing? There are women who are intimidated by the fact that poker (and golf, etc.) is played by mostly men... by having women-only events, it expands the possible players. How many men do you know that hesitate to play in something because it'll be 2% women?

#14 holdemily

holdemily

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:48 PM

i have to agree with vonteego. i've been playing for a while and feel pretty comfortable at the table with men or women, but i believe that a lot of women who are new to poker would play more (live or online) if they were more comfortable at the tables, and one way for them to be more comfortable is at a women's only event.as a poker player, i support new players coming into the game obviously, so i support this event. and since i happen to be a woman also, the best way i can support it is by playing.men should probably be more supportive of big ladies only events at the wsop for the same reason. supportive meaning get your friends and wives to play, or at least dont complain about the events and belittle the players in them.just my 2 cents anyway.

#15 Butcho22

Butcho22

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:58 PM

View Post21gambit, on Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 1:10 PM, said:

ZeeJustinas gonna take it down, shes was a relative unknown until she came out of nowhere a few months ago and started dominating online.
PLEASE SEND ME A BLOWN UP PIC OF YOUR AVATAR RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!
Tiger Woods is a pimp
Don't believe me? That's his wife on the right
That's her twin sister on the left
You figure it out

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users