49 replies to this topic

#41 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:42 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 12:49 AM, said:

Can one of you post the following for me at pocketfives: Before you get all bent out of shape about the "horrible" thing that I did, first you have to understand that the guy on the other end of the line is trying to pull a total scam on me. The police collection fund is one of the most well known scams in the country and it's been around a long time. I knew a guy who once operated one of these scams. They tell you it's for this or that, but it's really just a scam to fill their pockets. LESS THAN 5% of the money you donate to a telemarketer saying he is representing the police will actually go to where they say it'll go. The rest, will go to the scam. Had this been a legitimate request to donate money, do you really think I would have mocked the guy?
I used to work for a telemarketing agency in highschool. The money was great and the job was easy as pie. We took donations for the MAP (Michigan Association of Police). Was is it a scam? To me it was. We asked for a minimum of $29 donation to help get money for programs where Michigan Police Officers went in to schools to teach kids about strangers. Did the money actually go to that. Hell no. Not even 5% went to the MAP. All of it went into our pay, the pay of the bosses who made about $55K a year, the cost of the lease on the buidling (which we were never allowed to say where we were calling from), the phone bill (we actually called out of the area, so long distance, the equipment, etc. Unless a cop comes to my door I am not giving money to something like that and you are a complete fool to believe that most telemarketers who call asking for donations are on the up and up.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#42 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:07 PM

View Posttryptout, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 1:00 PM, said:

i don't really give a hoot.
:club: So THAT'S why you posted and re-posted several times now.Get a clue junior.

F Cancer

#43 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:29 AM

View Postgetarealjob, on Tuesday, March 28th, 2006, 1:03 PM, said:

Also, before you critique a kid for being peurile, you should learn how to spell beyond a junior high school level.
I love it...it's like when people make fun of bad "grammer". :club:
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#44 lordofelt

lordofelt

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:57 PM

I freaking laughed my *** off when I read this post by DN. I hate all telemarketers and consider them the scum of the universe. It reminded me of the scene from Seinfeld when Jerry gets called by a telemarketer.Telemarketer: "Sir I'd like a moment of your time to ask you for a donation to our worthy cause"Jerry: "Well I really don't have time right now but why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you later"Telemarketer: "I'm sorry Sir we're not allowed to do that"Jerry: "Ohh you probably don't want a lot of people calling you up and bothering you at your house."Telemarketer: "Yaa"Jerry: "Good then you know how I feel" SLAMS phone.LOL one of my favorite Seinfeld moments of all time Daniel's material was even better I think.
"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand."- Mark Twain

#45 ricker

ricker

Nobody calls me Lebowski! I'm the Dude!

• Members
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:45 PM

What a bizzare thread...who here defends telemarketers? I myself do the exact same thing to all telemarketers that dare call my phone. I don't care if they claim to be collecting funds to help elderly war widows get discounted bus fare. My conversation will go like this: "Hello?""Yes, I'm calling on behalf of ABC cooporation collecting money in hopes that,""Sir, can you hold for one minute? I'm kinda in the middle of something..." Click clack the phone falls down and I start yelling at my brother and fire off a couple shots from a machine that I have that similates the sound of gunfire, I pick up the phone and calmly say..."Hello? What can I help you with?"

#46 chrozzo

chrozzo

hi™

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:31 PM

nice...when m here at school and get a call like that... i tell them to hold for a second...and then i have a music file that is typical "elevator music" and put the phne up to the speaker, one guy actually stayed on for about 6 minutes...then i asked him to hold again, haha, he hung up within the next minute after that time
FCP CBO: Chief Beer Officer

I'm kind of a big deal.

#47 xtxoxpxd

xtxoxpxd

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:56 PM

View Postricker, on Wednesday, March 29th, 2006, 8:45 PM, said:

who here defends telemarketers? I myself do the exact same thing to all telemarketers that dare call my phone. I don't care if they claim to be collecting funds to help elderly war widows get discounted bus fare.
mooching war widows........

#48 ricker

ricker

Nobody calls me Lebowski! I'm the Dude!

• Members
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:16 PM

View Postxtxoxpxd, on Thursday, March 30th, 2006, 12:56 PM, said:

mooching war widows........
lol...thank god...I'm glad somebody got it...that's all I need to be happy...one person to get my joke!

#49 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,371 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:45 PM

View Postricker, on Thursday, March 30th, 2006, 2:16 PM, said:

lol...thank god...I'm glad somebody got it...that's all I need to be happy...one person to get my joke!
I didn't get it, could you explain?I mean what does a war widow have to do with the police needing new body armor?
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#50 Steppin Razor

Steppin Razor

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:53 PM

Simpsons reference

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users