• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 tryptout

tryptout

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:24 AM

oh well. figures. um, last time you read a book (besides the bible)? had an original thought?? the point is that you're bubble gum and soda pop. and all the kids in here love you because that's their diet. maybe if you had said in your blog - "i don't mind having a little fun with these callers because i know they're a scam..."but you didn't. dead letter anyways.i used to read your blog. i used to hang around this forum sometimes.then it started to dawn on me - wow, this guy's got the emotional maturity level of a teenager and the intelligence to boot. the values are pretty shallow, and there's no substance. the last entry did it for me. it really hit me how empty the whole thing is. of course the fanboys will defend you - but then didn't the kids who visited neverland defend michael jackson??

#22 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,680 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:36 AM

later

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#23 Trail Boss Mitch

Trail Boss Mitch

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:16 AM

View Posttryptout, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 12:24 PM, said:

oh well. figures. um, last time you read a book (besides the bible)? had an original thought?? the point is that you're bubble gum and soda pop. and all the kids in here love you because that's their diet. maybe if you had said in your blog - "i don't mind having a little fun with these callers because i know they're a scam..."but you didn't. dead letter anyways.i used to read your blog. i used to hang around this forum sometimes.then it started to dawn on me - wow, this guy's got the emotional maturity level of a teenager and the intelligence to boot. the values are pretty shallow, and there's no substance. the last entry did it for me. it really hit me how empty the whole thing is. of course the fanboys will defend you - but then didn't the kids who visited neverland defend michael jackson??
This is really entertaining. I think you are the one that is hung up on DN's celebrity, or the stardom of poker celebs in general. Why bother with the negativity? I don't get it. I know it's easier to criticize, so I guess that's your schtick.It seems you are committed to exposing poker celebs as frauds. That's fine I guess...I just don't see why you make the effort. It seems "pretty shallow" on your part to keep ragging on DN, and I'm not sure your "emotional maturity" is all that evident. You are entertaining, though. You seem to get the responses from people, like me, who want to kill a few minutes while drinking a latte at Starbucks. That is your game, right? Getting comments from others? Now, who is the fraud?I don't believe anything you say. Your like a telemarketer...trying to sell something when no one wants to listen.
Visit Trail Boss Mitch at:
Texas Poker Trails.com
A Texas writer discovers poker.

#24 blueodum

blueodum

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 977 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:34 AM

Lastly, why in the world do you read the blog? It can't possibly be manditory reading at your junior high school, so why do you put yourself through it?ZING!Here's a novel idea ...Why not use TAXES to pay for law enforcement and fire and rescue. I know it's a crazy idea, but maybe it will catch on some day.
"You shouldn't even care whether you win the pot. You should only care about making the correct decisions. Making quality decisions is the only thing you get paid for in poker." - Mike Caro

#25 Canuckickstan

Canuckickstan

Hugh Jorgen

• Members
  • 5,168 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and riding my Bike
  • Favorite Poker Game:Skipaments !!

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:41 AM

View PostTrail Boss Mitch, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 12:16 PM, said:

This is really entertaining. I think you are the one that is hung up on DN's celebrity, or the stardom of poker celebs in general. Why bother with the negativity? I don't get it. I know it's easier to criticize, so I guess that's your schtick.It seems you are committed to exposing poker celebs as frauds. That's fine I guess...I just don't see why you make the effort. It seems "pretty shallow" on your part to keep ragging on DN, and I'm not sure your "emotional maturity" is all that evident. You are entertaining, though. You seem to get the responses from people, like me, who want to kill a few minutes while drinking a latte at Starbucks. That is your game, right? Getting comments from others? Now, who is the fraud?I don't believe anything you say. Your like a telemarketer...trying to sell something when no one wants to listen.
Very well said. Paragraphs are good, spelling checks out... Hmmm....
RonnieMexico23 (10:37:47 PM): call me fat agian
RonnieMexico23 (10:37:53 PM): it makes me rock hard

#26 tryptout

tryptout

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:00 PM

i don't really give a hoot.i'm not trying to expose anybody as a fraud. most of the fluffheads never pretended to be anything other than what they are - they are all too willing to boast about how they pass their time watching mindless reality tv and playing video games. they are all too willing to go on and on about their expensive cars and all of their other toys. if that stuff tops your values list, well then you're in the right place. it isnt exactly hypocritical or devious or fraudulent to do all this and then proceed to go on about being a good christian and what not. it is perhaps slightly inconsistent, and definitely shallow. i propose the example of tammy faye baker as a self-righteous person who probably tried in her heart to be good. she simply lacked the intelligence, the critical capacity, the world experience - to exercise the self-examination that would have revealed the net of contradictions in which she was so tangled. it is my opinion that redemption in this world - and leave the question of the next as a mystery - has as much to do with untangling oneself from these inconsistencies; with swimming upstream from the messages of the dominant culture; with, in short, leading an examined life -that self-righteous people who repeatedly show themselves unable to do so give the lie to "goodness" and the momentum to those same forces that should be overcome...this, as i've said in different ways before, is what struck me reading the latest blog entry. anyways, i guess that's it for me here.best to all.

#27 xtxoxpxd

xtxoxpxd

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:04 PM

View Posttryptout, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 10:24 AM, said:

but then didn't the kids who visited neverland defend michael jackson??
:club: :D :D :D don't you think a hitler comparison would be more striking tryptout? why don't you give that a shot next time. thanks!

#28 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:14 PM

View Posttryptout, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 1:00 PM, said:

I have no life, so I spend my time trying to bring down other people. It's quite sad. Also, if I am ever proven wrong about a specific post I defend myself no matter how silly it starts to sound.I may say that I'm leaving for good...but in my heart I know I'll be back, since I have nothing better to do.
:club: Very honest of you to admit all that.For the record, my first thought was the blog entry was pretty dumb. But I didn't realize the telemarketing thing is a scam. Then again, a little disclaimer saying it was a scam would have been nice. As it's written, it really does look like some rich jerk messing with a poor telemarketer and spitting on the fallen police fund.Maybe not spitting on the fund, but at least ignoring the fact that it's a really good cause...even if only 10% of donations finally make it there. Or 2% or whatever. You know what I mean. It just reads really really bad, because you never mention it's a scam and most people obviously don't know that.
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#29 phlegm

phlegm

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:04 PM

I think it might be a good idea for daniel to address this issue in his next blog. Too many have taken it the wrong way. Including me until i read his response.
I am not an alcoholic

I am a drunk

Alcoholics go to meetings

#30 chrozzo

chrozzo

hi™

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:39 PM

how about we forget it ever happened
FCP CBO: Chief Beer Officer

I'm kind of a big deal.

#31 PairTheBoard

PairTheBoard

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:06 PM

imo, The calls to your home invading your privacy, by people claiming to represent the Police, asking for money, are especially detestable. Not only is it a scam but to people who are new to this country and used to what goes on in other parts of the world, it sounds and feels very much like a SHAKEDOWN. I believe you are put on the telemarketer's phone list whenever you have some contact with the police. I notice I consistently get one of these calls soon after I've had to talk to the police for any reason. I suspect there are a lot of innocent but naive people for whom such calls send a real shadow of fear down their spine.I try to be polite because I figure the telemarketer is just trying to do a job. But if I had my way Telemarketing would be Outlawed completely. I see no reason why they should have the right to invade my privacy just because I have a telephone for the use of my friends and associates. I even get calls these days by computers where they put me on hold until the salesperson has time to talk to me. Sometimes it's just a dead line. Telemarketing phone calls should be considered on a par with Obscene Phone Calls. And made just as illegal. :club:

#32 EasyMark

EasyMark

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:52 AM

Many people deal with scams the same way. This is a site for the 419 scams...http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/BTW... This weekend I got 4 of these calls about the police fund. The caller could not tell me what police dept. it was going to or even what state they where in.

#33 Whatever

Whatever

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:52 AM

Some people understand that telemarketers deserve to be messed with and others are looking for an excuse to bust Daniel's balls. The police fund scam deserves worse than what Daniel gave them.

#34 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,373 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:40 AM

View Postblueodum, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 11:34 AM, said:

Lastly, why in the world do you read the blog? It can't possibly be manditory reading at your junior high school, so why do you put yourself through it?ZING!Here's a novel idea ...Why not use TAXES to pay for law enforcement and fire and rescue. I know it's a crazy idea, but maybe it will catch on some day.
Taxes.......ahhhhhhh

View Posttryptout, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 12:00 PM, said:

i don't really give a hoot.i'm not trying to expose anybody as a fraud. most of the fluffheads never pretended to be anything other than what they are - they are all too willing to boast about how they pass their time watching mindless reality tv and playing video games. they are all too willing to go on and on about their expensive cars and all of their other toys. if that stuff tops your values list, well then you're in the right place. it isnt exactly hypocritical or devious or fraudulent to do all this and then proceed to go on about being a good christian and what not. it is perhaps slightly inconsistent, and definitely shallow. i propose the example of tammy faye baker as a self-righteous person who probably tried in her heart to be good. she simply lacked the intelligence, the critical capacity, the world experience - to exercise the self-examination that would have revealed the net of contradictions in which she was so tangled. it is my opinion that redemption in this world - and leave the question of the next as a mystery - has as much to do with untangling oneself from these inconsistencies; with swimming upstream from the messages of the dominant culture; with, in short, leading an examined life -that self-righteous people who repeatedly show themselves unable to do so give the lie to "goodness" and the momentum to those same forces that should be overcome...this, as i've said in different ways before, is what struck me reading the latest blog entry. anyways, i guess that's it for me here.best to all.
expensive car? He drives a lexus...toyota with leather. big deal
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#35 Trail Boss Mitch

Trail Boss Mitch

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:00 PM

View Posttryptout, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 2:00 PM, said:

I bet Tammy Faye never dreamed she'd end up as fodder in a poker web forum. I think she is smarter than many would believe. She was atop a multi-million dollar enterprise. I give her credit also for surviving cancer.If she'd just do something about that make-up. Gee whiz.
Texas Poker Trails.com

#36 getarealjob

getarealjob

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:03 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Sunday, March 26th, 2006, 9:37 PM, said:

Wow, re-read what you wrote. Think about it for a second, and then ask yourself, "Wasn't that totally stupid?" If you still can't wrap your head around it, let me help you out: If I discussed charitable things I do in the blog that would be publicizing it. However, since I DON'T post stuff like that you ASSUME that I don't do it? Think about it, what do you know about what I do for charity? How could you know? If you DID know, well then, I'd be publicizing it so it would negate the act in your mind. Lastly, why in the world do you read the blog? It can't possibly be manditory reading at your junior high school, so why do you put yourself through it? It will never cease to amaze me that people hate the blog so much yet they read it on a regular basis?
"mandatory"People who hate your blog continue to read read it because of a phenomenon called "it's so bad it's good". It's the same reason why people watch trash on t.v. Don't be so sensitive bro, you put yourself out there, you're going to face some backlash.Also, before you critique a kid for being puerile, you should learn how to spell beyond a junior high school level.Just defending your haters, don't take it personal Negreanu, you know I got nuthin', but love for ya. :club:

#37 Trail Boss Mitch

Trail Boss Mitch

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:11 PM

View Postgetarealjob, on Tuesday, March 28th, 2006, 2:03 PM, said:

Also, before you critique a kid for being peurile, you should learn how to spell beyond a junior high school level.
Er, I think you mean:pu·er·ile ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pyr-l, pyrl, -l)adj. Belonging to childhood; juvenile. Immature; childish. See Synonyms at young.
Texas Poker Trails.com

#38 chrozzo

chrozzo

hi™

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:30 PM

just think, since you all have started to bicker about police officers getting killed.....1.34 officers have diedyou should be ashamed, give money
FCP CBO: Chief Beer Officer

I'm kind of a big deal.

#39 blueodum

blueodum

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 977 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:10 PM

Don't give to charity ... pay your taxes.
"You shouldn't even care whether you win the pot. You should only care about making the correct decisions. Making quality decisions is the only thing you get paid for in poker." - Mike Caro

#40 Steppin Razor

Steppin Razor

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:39 PM

View Postblueodum, on Tuesday, March 28th, 2006, 2:10 PM, said:

Don't give to charity ... pay your taxes.
:club: You're not trying to suggest that the OP doesn't pay taxes on his poker winnings, taxes which go to law enforcement budgets, are you? 'Cause that's downright au point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users