I Called In Sick Today

• Please log in to reply
241029 replies to this topic

#194481 Tiltinagain

Tiltinagain

Every village has it's idiot. Welcome to our village.

• Members
  • 4,461 posts
  • Interests:Poker, gun dog training, upland hunting
  • Favorite Poker Game:Liquor in the front. Poker in the rear

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

View PostiZuma, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 6:29 AM, said:

oh wow, an entry level accounting job in iowa... thanks napa, but uh, I think I'm busy that week.
Yeah, because who wants to have to deal with all that extra money you'd have.

View Postfrautotenkinder, on 22 May 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

I am not comfortable with vaginas and lunch meats being in the same metaphor. Anything besides saying or implying that is an improvement.

speedz99 said:

Fine...when god dies, I'll be ok with people being upset on facebook.

#194482 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Monday, April 23rd, 2012, 8:48 PM, said:

Red Tail Hawks have an awesome cry, and most people associate their cry to Eagles, because movies lie to us.
I've played a couple of times at the Red Tail golf course in MA. Not surprisingly, you hear that all the time while playing. It's pretty sweet.
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#194483 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostRon_Mexico, on Friday, April 20th, 2012, 6:38 PM, said:

I'm an egomaniac and think everything is about me.

View PostRon_Mexico, on Saturday, April 21st, 2012, 5:03 AM, said:

And why is this about me now?
Why indeed.

View Postbrvheart, on Sunday, April 22nd, 2012, 1:50 AM, said:

Personal note: About two months ago my wife went on a diet, and she was hitting the workouts pretty hard. I was like, "Dude, why are you going on a diet? You're really great, just like you are."
I really hope you actually said "Dude."

View PostRon_Mexico, on Sunday, April 22nd, 2012, 6:40 AM, said:

I didn't know you could spell "pussy" with three letters

View Postspeedz99, on Sunday, April 22nd, 2012, 7:01 AM, said:

Box.
Both of these made me laugh out loud.

View PostiZuma, on Monday, April 23rd, 2012, 9:33 AM, said:

god damnit, did I tell you guys about that plan management here had to move me to another position that I don't want and without asking me? well I had a few people tell me that they got so much pushback from other groups on how stupid that was that they gave up on it. well now I just got word that it's back on and happening soon. son of a bitch. seriously though, am I making too much of this? I mean technically it's a promotion with a little more money (though in actuality less since I won't get overtime anymore and my overtime is more than any raise they would give) and they're all trying to build it up as "good experience," but shit, it's taking me off the career path I've been working towards for five years, plus it'll also keep me from being able to post out for other internal jobs I may want for two years. plus, I mean, I feel like it's pretty damn disrespectful. am I being stupid here? do other companies do stuff like this?
I don't know why you haven't given up yet. Just be like, whatever, and shit. It would help with your ulcers. Do you have ulcers? I don't know what an ulcer is.

View PostNapa Lite, on Monday, April 23rd, 2012, 1:20 PM, said:

Speaking of, I had been looking at jobs with NBA teams and OKC has an opening for assistant controller and it's been open for awhile but it says "4 years experience" and so I was hesitant to apply even though I think I'm qualified based off the job description.
If you find any jobs with NBA teams that aren't in Oklahoma City, keep me in mind.

View Postbrvheart, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 4:13 AM, said:

I saw The Limey, Joey. Basic Steven Soderbergh. I don't think I would ever want to see it again, but it was a solid 6.5/10. Up next, Hannah.
Oh good, you watched it. Now I know not to bother seeing it myself.

#194484 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,003 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

*waving fist at sky*Damn you, DJ Vu!
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#194485 iZuma

iZuma

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

didn't shave this morning so now I look like a tool. also gonna get a rotisserie chicken from walmart tonight so I'm pretty excited about that.

#194486 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostDJ Vu, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 10:48 AM, said:

I really hope you actually said "Dude."
Things I call my girlfriend:Buddy[Her Name]FriendoDudeBudI think I've called her "Sweetie" like twice over the year and a half we've been dating, only when she was having a really bad day.

#194487 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Sacramento has a financial analyst opening or something. Maybe I should take that and live in Guapos compound.

#194488 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

View Postspeedz99, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 12:12 PM, said:

Things I call my girlfriend:Buddy[Her Name]FriendoDudeBudI think I've called her "Sweetie" like twice over the year and a half we've been dating, only when she was having a really bad day.
I prefer Pooty Pie or Bitsy Pookums. Snoogy Woogy if the mood is right.

View PostNapa Lite, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 12:13 PM, said:

Sacramento has a financial analyst opening or something. Maybe I should take that and live in Guapos compound.
That's going to be Anaheim soon enough anyway.

#194489 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostDJ Vu, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 12:21 PM, said:

Schmoopy, bro. Schmoopy.

#194490 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

View Postspeedz99, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 12:39 PM, said:

Schmoopy, bro. Schmoopy.
Pffft.

#194491 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

View Postspeedz99, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 3:12 PM, said:

That one's the best.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#194492 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,003 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

I absolutely called her "dude". She hates it/laughs nearly every time, since I don't pull it out very often. That's what she said.
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#194493 Sickinfo2

Sickinfo2

....yeah

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 1:02 PM, said:

I don't pull it out very often. That's what she said.
Dammit.... Even after quoting and seeing the invisitext I'm still posting....Maybe that's why you have so many kids....In other news, been lazing around the pool house this evening. Drinking and watching a bird feed her young. Where you didn't ask? Why... Right above my head. Bitch be building here for four years now. Wife don't enjoy the poop stains on the ceiling but I'm too soft hearted to block her entrance every springOh hell... Twitvid coming!This time for reals

#194494 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 3:21 PM, said:

I think it's pretty cool speedz doesn't take offense to you calling her that.
As Eric Idle wrote: You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!

#194495 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostSickinfo2, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 1:30 PM, said:

Bitch be building here for four years now.
That ****.

View PostRoll the Bones, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 1:49 PM, said:

I think it's pretty cool speedz doesn't take offense to you calling her that.
It's cool, we're internet friends.

#194496 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,401 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Apropos of nothing, 2 annoying people who annoyed me today:1. Standing outside of a building smoking a cigarette for about 30 seconds. Doorman comes outside and tells me I can't smoke there. I quickly apologize and start to walk down the block. Woman also standing in front of the building says to the doorman, "Thank you," as intensely as she can. Bitch, ask me to move if it's bothering you so goddam much! I apologized to her too. No response.2. Waiting in line at a pharmacy. 60ish year old woman in line ahead of me becomes visibly and orally annoyed at how long it's taking the pharmacist to assist the woman ahead of her ("Oh my God," "Come on," etc.). When it's her turn to go she literally spends 60-90 seconds counting out change. Bitch counted out 8 pennies on top of her nickels and dimes and quarters! Eight fucking pennies but she's in a rush! And you know she laid them out on the counter and counted them each individually. I should have started muttering "OMG come on" but I'm not a cunt.tldr: People suck.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#194497 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

I always pick the line at the market that has someone paying with a check. There's like seven people left in the world that still pay for their groceries with checks and they're always in front of me. This probably doesn't surprise anyone, but people who pay with checks invariably have lots of coupons.

#194498 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

I hate women who stand on line and stare at the cashier as they ring in their food and wait until the very end to get their total and THEN take their purse off their shoulder and dig around looking for their wallet and then dig through that to get their credit card. You know you will have to pay for the food do why not get the card out while the cashier is ringing up your 50 items. Or the idiots who use the self check out with way too many items and most are produce and they keep having difficulty figuring out the codes.

#194499 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,659 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostSickinfo2, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 4:30 PM, said:

In other news, been lazing around the pool house this evening. Drinking and watching a bird feed her young. Where you didn't ask? Why... Right above my head. Bitch be building here for four years now. Wife don't enjoy the poop stains on the ceiling but I'm too soft hearted to block her entrance every spring
yeah I've got a bird (or bird family really) that builds a nest in one of the holes in my roof every year. tried to fill it up with that "great stuff" sealant stuff but they just picked it on out and built away. and yeah, they're all cute until you open the door and there's an 8 foot black snake dangling from your ceiling munching on baby birds.

View Posttimwakefield, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 7:03 PM, said:

Apropos of nothing, 2 annoying people who annoyed me today:tldr: People suck.
you handled both of these situations as vaginally as possible.

View PostDJ Vu, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 7:08 PM, said:

I always pick the line at the market that has someone paying with a check. There's like seven people left in the world that still pay for their groceries with checks and they're always in front of me. This probably doesn't surprise anyone, but people who pay with checks invariably have lots of coupons.
oh man, the people that pay in checks. how horrible are they? sometimes I don't mind because usually they're little old ladies and I mean we can't expect them to figure out credit/debit cards since they're almost dead, but anybody below sixty that uses checks for groceries is a horrible piece of shit that needs to die.

View PostiBeaver, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 7:35 PM, said:

I hate women
hey me too!

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#194500 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 3:03 PM, said:

1. Standing outside of a building smoking a cigarette for about 30 seconds. Doorman comes outside and tells me I can't smoke there.
Do building owners own the sidewalk outside of said buildings as well?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 1 anonymous users