Jump to content


Bush Is A Good President


  • Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#1 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,375 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:21 PM

Daniel, W has done incredible things for this country, he's just a terrible public speaker. In contrast Clinton was an awesome speaker, lousy president and Reagen was the whole package.Don't buy into the liberal hype. Take the wire tapping, with democrats talking about impeachments for W having our guys listen when someone from Al Queda calls someone in the US. And what is the story? not hey someone just tipped the bad guys that we've been listening to them and now they need to change their communication methods. No the story is Bush is trying to become big brother, he's out of control.The war..Read Tommy Franks book and you'll understand the 'not enough troops' argument, and the no plan lie. General Franks quit a year early from ComCincPac because he wanted his replacement to be hands on from the ground floor on what would be a multiple years involvement in Iraq. The economy is doing very well, even though he inherited a recession from Clinton ( not Clinton's fault per se) and then had 9-11 devistate our travel industry, and not only did he arrest the downward spiral, he turned it around, while fighting a war.Education, he teams up with Ted Kennedy to author an education bill, trying to get the Democrats to put aside partician politics and help our schools, and after total democratic involvement, they claim he's devisteated the schools, which the teacher's unions have done more damage than anything Bush has done. Gosh accountability for our teachers, what a horrible thing.Left tries to say Bush is a step above idiot, hey man, I don't care who your daddy is, you don't have brains, you don't fly fighter plans in the military. They don't have a set of keys for whoever comes along. Then he gets early deros because the flood of active pilots coming back from Vietnam and everyone cries special treatment.I can understand not thinking everything Bush does is golden, but I feel very comfortable saying that Bush is an honorable man doing what he feels is right for everybody, without a care for how he is percieved. I will always support and feel proud that he is our president.The french can continue to take bribes and sells weapons to dictators which we will later defeat in a couple hours and snipe at our heels.The germans can pretend they are peace loving people.The Russians can try to control the middle east through political games.But England, Australia and the USA will continue to protect the world, allowing the social experiments to continue while we spend the money needed to protect their prescious borders from the bad guys that will kill thier children to get on the front page of a newspaper.Canada used to be in our group, but they wimped out this time around.Those of you foaming at the mouth now, remember one important thing. W will probably get one more Supreme Court appointtee making his legacy last probably for the next 40-50 years. And the Florida recounts all had Bush win.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#2 chrozzo

chrozzo

    hi™

  • Members
  • 23,051 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Geico

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:41 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 4:21 PM, said:

Daniel, W has done incredible things for this country, he's just a terrible public speaker. In contrast Clinton was an awesome speaker, lousy president and Reagen was the whole package.Don't buy into the liberal hype. Take the wire tapping, with democrats talking about impeachments for W having our guys listen when someone from Al Queda calls someone in the US. And what is the story? not hey someone just tipped the bad guys that we've been listening to them and now they need to change their communication methods. No the story is Bush is trying to become big brother, he's out of control.The war..Read Tommy Franks book and you'll understand the 'not enough troops' argument, and the no plan lie. General Franks quit a year early from ComCincPac because he wanted his replacement to be hands on from the ground floor on what would be a multiple years involvement in Iraq. The economy is doing very well, even though he inherited a recession from Clinton ( not Clinton's fault per se) and then had 9-11 devistate our travel industry, and not only did he arrest the downward spiral, he turned it around, while fighting a war.Education, he teams up with Ted Kennedy to author an education bill, trying to get the Democrats to put aside partician politics and help our schools, and after total democratic involvement, they claim he's devisteated the schools, which the teacher's unions have done more damage than anything Bush has done. Gosh accountability for our teachers, what a horrible thing.Left tries to say Bush is a step above idiot, hey man, I don't care who your daddy is, you don't have brains, you don't fly fighter plans in the military. They don't have a set of keys for whoever comes along. Then he gets early deros because the flood of active pilots coming back from Vietnam and everyone cries special treatment.I can understand not thinking everything Bush does is golden, but I feel very comfortable saying that Bush is an honorable man doing what he feels is right for everybody, without a care for how he is percieved. I will always support and feel proud that he is our president.The french can continue to take bribes and sells weapons to dictators which we will later defeat in a couple hours and snipe at our heels.The germans can pretend they are peace loving people.The Russians can try to control the middle east through political games.But England, Australia and the USA will continue to protect the world, allowing the social experiments to continue while we spend the money needed to protect their prescious borders from the bad guys that will kill thier children to get on the front page of a newspaper.Canada used to be in our group, but they wimped out this time around.Those of you foaming at the mouth now, remember one important thing. W will probably get one more Supreme Court appointtee making his legacy last probably for the next 40-50 years. And the Florida recounts all had Bush win.
:club: :D :D :D :)
FCP CBO: Chief Beer Officer

I'm kind of a big deal.




#3 dEv~

dEv~

    In Shero We Trust...oops

  • Members
  • 8,766 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hockeytawn, PA

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:13 PM

ya...he's the best.SW
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 dreamcrusher28

dreamcrusher28

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 917 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY (Vegas soon)
  • Interests:Pokah
  • Favorite Poker Game:....why all of them of course!!

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:21 PM

View PostdEv~, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 5:13 PM, said:

ya...he's the best.SW
:club: :D :D :D
-Only H.O.R.S.E.men who play 2-7 TD are true poker players.

#5 gobears

gobears

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 6,096 posts
  • Location:Los Gatos, CA

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:07 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 1:21 PM, said:

I can understand not thinking everything Bush does is golden, but I feel very comfortable saying that Bush is an honorable man doing what he feels is right for everybody, without a care for how he is percieved.
That is his problem - Bush does what he "feels" is right; anyone with a differing opinion or opposing argument is ignored or labeled unpatriotic regardless of the facts. Basically it's a "You're either with us or against us" type of mentality in his administration.Bush makes a fine "King" but he's not a good President
Work to live, don't live to work - Todd Harrison

#6 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

    the dynamo of volition

  • Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dallas, TX
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:11 PM

Speaking as an accountant...The most ridiculous spin item from the last 6-7 years is that Bush's tax changes gave the shaft to lower middle class families. The extra deductions for child tax credits, etc. give more tax savings as a % of gross income to lower income families by virtue of them being FIXED deductions. Of course, noone slamming Bush is going to tell you that the tax bill they're villifying increased tax deductions for some lower class families by 20% or more. No, they're going to focus on the reduction of taxes on dividends and point out how much money a super rich CEO saved as a bi-product of the change. Again, they're going to conveniently forget that this was simply a reduction in the double taxation of earnings by corporations who pay dividends, and is intended to help people save for retirement on their own instead of bleeding out social security. Every time I hear "tax cut for the rich" I want to scream. Bush's tax reform is a huge reason we didn't suffer a much much worse depression during his first term. The economy doesn't swing over night, it swings over YEARS. The policies put into place over the last 6 years will continue to improve the economic state of the country directly for the next 5+ years, and the nice happy economy the next President inherits - Democrat or Republican - will be attributed to them, not Bush.
~certified bumhunter~

#7 Abbaddabba

Abbaddabba

    breaking even like it's 1999

  • Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:57 PM

You said yourself that you're an accountant.Why, under the pretense that you're some authority on the matter, would you make those statements?This has nothing to do with accounting.A 10% cut in marginal taxrates for everyone will tend to make the low income earners in society worse off. DUCY? I sure hope you do.

#8 Steppin Razor

Steppin Razor

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

This country is so far from what it's supposed to be, I'm planning to move to Canada so I can live in a free society. The only right from our bill of rights that hasn't been stomped on is the right to carry a gun.This administration has told us the President's policies are none of our business. The administration has started a war based on a huge 'oops', or worse, a lie. The right to confront your accusers and the right to a speedy trial is gone. The right to protest is gone. Right to privacy is gone.The tax plan is too much to get into, but suffice it to say, it's social engineering at work. Also, if anyone thinks their taxes are going down, they are nuts. All that is going to happen is your tax check will be routed to your state government instead of federal.This administration must be a new breed of Republican. They can no longer call Democrats 'spendocrats' because spending is their favorite pastime. They created a huge government bureaucracy that failed miserably, so apparently have taken over the 'big government' moniker too.But the best part, the best, is that rather than be a society built on dissent and challenging government, if you do that you're a liberal wacko or have been suckered by the liberal media like Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, and Fox News..... wait...DN, I'm not surprised you've noticed Cheney is a very intelligent man. It's clear he's learned a lot from his days in the Nixon Administration, as well as Ford and Bush Sr. administrations. He's nobody's fool, and the American people have ignored him at their peril. Not that he's been even spotted more than 3 times in both terms.

#9 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Root Admin
  • 8,250 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, obviously, but mine is clear: this is the worst president the country has ever had in my lifetime. The damage he is doing to this country's world view will take decades to repair, if ever. If the election happened anywhere but in the U.S. Bush would not have won 30% of the vote. It boggles my mind, that he made one of the worst and most crucial mistakes to attack an innocent country and yet, he was re-elected. I don't really want to get into a big political debate here, but let's just agree to disagree. There are so many areas outside of the war that I feel like the president is oblivious too.
Posted Image

#10 dEv~

dEv~

    In Shero We Trust...oops

  • Members
  • 8,766 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hockeytawn, PA

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:52 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 8:46 PM, said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion...
but not everyone's gonna be right. Especially if you agree with the OP.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 dreamcrusher28

dreamcrusher28

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 917 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY (Vegas soon)
  • Interests:Pokah
  • Favorite Poker Game:....why all of them of course!!

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:55 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 8:46 PM, said:

If the election happened anywhere but in the U.S. Bush would not have won 30% of the vote. .
That's not true. Since most countries hate the U.S., they'd be more than happy to have that redneck doofus screwing up our country. I say he would get 95% at the very least. :club:
-Only H.O.R.S.E.men who play 2-7 TD are true poker players.

#12 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

    Cheese Salesman

  • Members
  • 20,246 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:04 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 8:46 PM, said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, obviously, but mine is clear: this is the worst president the country has ever had in my lifetime. The damage he is doing to this country's world view will take decades to repair, if ever. If the election happened anywhere but in the U.S. Bush would not have won 30% of the vote. It boggles my mind, that he made one of the worst and most crucial mistakes to attack an innocent country and yet, he was re-elected. I don't really want to get into a big political debate here, but let's just agree to disagree. There are so many areas outside of the war that I feel like the president is oblivious too.
I think the damage he has done economically is extreme, and will only gradually be noticed. He was president in what would otherwise have likely been an excellent economic period, and turned it into a decent one. More importantly, his decisions are likely to have relatively better short-term effects than long-term ones. He has significantly hurt the US' long-term economic outlook, mostly in attempts to making politically popular decisions to keep his approval rating anywhere near 50%.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#13 pete_95973

pete_95973

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:27 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 5:46 PM, said:

It boggles my mind, that he made one of the worst and most crucial mistakes to attack an innocent country
That statement boggles my mind. Innocent? It is one thing to think that the war in IRAQ is not the best focus of our resources in the War on Terror....It is a crazy thing to think that the regime was innocent.

#14 HurricaneKyle

HurricaneKyle

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 478 posts
  • Location:dodging bullets
  • Interests:Poker, Sports(Titans, Vols, Phillies),Hot girls, Relaxing and guitar.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:40 PM

Quote

I think the damage he has done economically is extreme, and will only gradually be noticed. He was president in what would otherwise have likely been an excellent economic period, and turned it into a decent one. More importantly, his decisions are likely to have relatively better short-term effects than long-term ones. He has significantly hurt the US' long-term economic outlook, mostly in attempts to making politically popular decisions to keep his approval rating anywhere near 50%.
You do realize that the economy is in pretty good shape overall at the moment. While I understand the need to be harsh on W because you don't like him, be fair. The economy was not in very good shape and in a state of decline in the last year under Clinton. If Gore won, there would have been economic turmoil as well under his first term. Throw in the 9/11 disaster with the bad state of oil prices(neither of which a president could really be responsible for) and the economy is doing about as well as could be hoped. Politicians as a whole get far too much credit when things go well and far too much blame when things are going poorly. I don't agree with everything W does, but overall I like him. Whether you disagree or agree with his politics you can at least know that he is being honest and that he does have some convictions, none of which can be said for the previous regime. Not that I think Clinton was a disaster, he wasn't. It was just that almost EVERY decision he made was based on whether it was a prudent political move instead of whether it helped the country.
"The lambs rarely slaughter the butcher."-Amarillo Slim

"Sometimes I play good, other I times I just run lucky."-Sam Farha


#15 Steppin Razor

Steppin Razor

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:12 PM

View PostHurricaneKyle, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 7:40 PM, said:

Throw in the 9/11 disaster with the bad state of oil prices(neither of which a president could really be responsible for)
Are you kidding? Both are things a president could be responsible for. You don't think the war in Iraq has affected oil prices? And both Bush and Clinton had information about Sept 11th. Clinton even had a chance to kill Bin Laden and didn't take it because it was during the Lewinsky thing.

Quote

If Gore won, there would have been economic turmoil as well under his first term.
Remind me never to play poker with you. If you can see alternate realities, maybe you can see my cards. Pre-Bush, the budget was balanced, interest rates were low, and the economy was fine.

View Postpete_95973, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 7:27 PM, said:

That statement boggles my mind. Innocent? It is one thing to think that the war in IRAQ is not the best focus of our resources in the War on Terror....It is a crazy thing to think that the regime was innocent.
The regime was innocent of developing WMDs and innocent of involvement in the Sept. 11th attacks. Now, if we had a War on Bad Guys, sure Saddam would be near the top of the list.

#16 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

    Cheese Salesman

  • Members
  • 20,246 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:28 PM

View PostHurricaneKyle, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 10:40 PM, said:

You do realize that the economy is in pretty good shape overall at the moment. While I understand the need to be harsh on W because you don't like him, be fair. The economy was not in very good shape and in a state of decline in the last year under Clinton. If Gore won, there would have been economic turmoil as well under his first term. Throw in the 9/11 disaster with the bad state of oil prices(neither of which a president could really be responsible for) and the economy is doing about as well as could be hoped. Politicians as a whole get far too much credit when things go well and far too much blame when things are going poorly. I don't agree with everything W does, but overall I like him. Whether you disagree or agree with his politics you can at least know that he is being honest and that he does have some convictions, none of which can be said for the previous regime. Not that I think Clinton was a disaster, he wasn't. It was just that almost EVERY decision he made was based on whether it was a prudent political move instead of whether it helped the country.
The economy moves in cycles. Bush did inherit an economy in a state of decline, but I could've been president, and it would've quickly moved out of this state. Also, the OP's statement "despite the war" is laughable. Nothing stimulates an economy like a good war.I'm more interested on the long-term effects of Bush's actions, and from an economic perspective, he has significantly worsened the long-term outlook. I also believe the economy could be doing better than it is now, although 9/11 and the oil situation have not made it the easiest decision.I just don't know how you could like dubya. he seems smug, he is a liar, etc. frankly, i think "convictions" are a terrible thing for a leader of a democracy to act on. he should act in the best interest of the populace, as opposed to his own opinions. where they conflict, the former should take precendence. that's just my opinion though, and of very little value.

View Postpete_95973, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 10:27 PM, said:

That statement boggles my mind. Innocent? It is one thing to think that the war in IRAQ is not the best focus of our resources in the War on Terror....It is a crazy thing to think that the regime was innocent.
why do you have to have resources for war? why do you have a War on Terror? your arguments are ludicrous. The regime was not innocent, I agree. But lack of innocence does not necessarily require colonization.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#17 fckthis

fckthis

    mmmmmmm Alba

  • Members
  • 2,038 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:Long walks on gravel,<br />watching my 67year old neighbour undress,<br /><br />poker

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

Im gonna be chastized for this, but Bush orchestrated 9/11. :club:
Mike Matusow: want to play some o 8
Mike Matusow: 5001k
Ram Vaswani: you to good at 500 1k but i play you 1k 2k

#18 HurricaneKyle

HurricaneKyle

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 478 posts
  • Location:dodging bullets
  • Interests:Poker, Sports(Titans, Vols, Phillies),Hot girls, Relaxing and guitar.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:02 PM

Quote

Are you kidding? Both are things a president could be responsible for. You don't think the war in Iraq has affected oil prices?
Sure it has, so has Venezuela cutting back how much oil it exports and OPEC raising the prices per barrel. Along with the fact that gas prices were artificially low in the early to mid 90's due to the Gulf War and a more favorable oil market worldwide.Bottom line once again is that politicians get too much credit when things go well, and too much blame when things don't. As was stated earlier by another poster, the state of economies don't shift overnight unless there is just a complete disaster. You don't have to like W, but when people who don't like him blame him for every ****ing thing possible then you sound about as ridiculous as those on the far right did when they blamed all the country's problems on Clinton. Take off the ideological blinders and he isn't as bad as you think.
"The lambs rarely slaughter the butcher."-Amarillo Slim

"Sometimes I play good, other I times I just run lucky."-Sam Farha


#19 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

    the dynamo of volition

  • Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dallas, TX
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:08 PM

View PostHurricaneKyle, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 10:02 PM, said:

Sure it has, so has Venezuela cutting back how much oil it exports and OPEC raising the prices per barrel. Along with the fact that gas prices were artificially low in the early to mid 90's due to the Gulf War and a more favorable oil market worldwide.Bottom line once again is that politicians get too much credit when things go well, and too much blame when things don't. As was stated earlier by another poster, the state of economies don't shift overnight unless there is just a complete disaster. You don't have to like W, but when people who don't like him blame him for every ****ing thing possible then you sound about as ridiculous as those on the far right did when they blamed all the country's problems on Clinton. Take off the ideological blinders and he isn't as bad as you think.
I'm sorry, but level headed responses and logic are not allowed in posts of this nature.
~certified bumhunter~

#20 clowneyas

clowneyas

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:19 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 5:46 PM, said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, obviously, but mine is clear: this is the worst president the country has ever had in my lifetime. The damage he is doing to this country's world view will take decades to repair, if ever. If the election happened anywhere but in the U.S. Bush would not have won 30% of the vote. It boggles my mind, that he made one of the worst and most crucial mistakes to attack an innocent country and yet, he was re-elected.
Truth is, he was elected by only 25%, since half of eligible voters feel so disenfranchised they refuse to vote.!However, please don't think there's some magical difference between other republicans and GW/Cheney mafia. They all help each other out, and are all working for the same people who contribute to their campaigns to make sure what they wish for happens! (see: Halliburton, Chevron Oil).And the democrats aren't different either. Kerry and most of the rest of them went right along with attacking Iraq, AND VOTED TO DO SO. I say, vote democrats next election, and pay attention to how they don't do anything different than republicans. Hopefully then people will wake up and realize the only way to get what you want accomplished is to vote for the Green Party! :club:
www.geocities.com/ddgoverapp/merrychrist.jpg




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users