Jump to content


An Awesome Website To Checkout


  • Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 kodkid

kodkid

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Poker Game:texas hold'em

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:19 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Monday, March 3rd, 2008, 1:20 AM, said:

Your first post in addressed to dn, is what I should say. I Don't give a crap about your post count. If you want my thoughts on this further, I started a new thread called " why I hate preachers" about it. I do have issues, man. But boy so do you. Keep your blessings to yourself.
I'm honored. But I won't be responding to anymore of your post relating to this subject.
Be passionate about something. If you don't like something, stop griping and make change and better the world for everyone.

#62 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 26,671 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:36 AM

View Postkodkid, on Monday, March 3rd, 2008, 7:19 AM, said:

I'm honored. But I won't be responding to anymore of your post relating to this subject.
I don't blame you for that one. If I was running a hustle, I'd hate it for someone to keep yapping it being a hustle too.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#63 Spademan

Spademan

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 4,977 posts
  • Location:NC

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:16 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Sunday, March 2nd, 2008, 10:39 AM, said:

and will never be truly appreciated.
I think you took care of that problem yourself.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'

#64 Nimue1995

Nimue1995

    Mrs Obvious

  • Members
  • 2,508 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Stevensville MT
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'em

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:16 AM

Okay I clicked on the link more out of curiousity than anything else. And it did hit me where I am at the moment so I do think I was led to it. But that said, I am a Christian without a church family at the moment because I haven't found one here in Montana that I feel comfortable attending. I have to say that it's pretty darn personal to be asking someone about his tithes and church attendance. Anyway, as for you atheists, why do you feel the need to strike out at individual believers? I do understand your not being crazy about the organized religion because I've found most of the time it has very little in common with the Christianity of the Bible. And I agree that religion has no place in government except as relates to a person's private faith. But that's just it. You don't have to come here. You don't have to listen. It's entirely your choice although there are some in the Christian community that would differ in wanting to force it on you. Again I understand if this has happened to you and I don't blame you for being hostile if that were the case. On the other hand, I think many of you are so sensitive to anything regarding religion that if even someone brings it up in passing you start foaming at the mouth about it.
What do you like to do for fun?

QUOTE
Play poker
think up political posts to make in Daniel's Blog to drive LMD crazy,lol.

#65 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 26,671 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:17 PM

View PostNimue1995, on Tuesday, March 11th, 2008, 11:16 AM, said:

Okay I clicked on the link more out of curiousity than anything else. And it did hit me where I am at the moment so I do think I was led to it. But that said, I am a Christian without a church family at the moment because I haven't found one here in Montana that I feel comfortable attending. I have to say that it's pretty darn personal to be asking someone about his tithes and church attendance. Anyway, as for you atheists, why do you feel the need to strike out at individual believers? I do understand your not being crazy about the organized religion because I've found most of the time it has very little in common with the Christianity of the Bible. And I agree that religion has no place in government except as relates to a person's private faith. But that's just it. You don't have to come here. You don't have to listen. It's entirely your choice although there are some in the Christian community that would differ in wanting to force it on you. Again I understand if this has happened to you and I don't blame you for being hostile if that were the case. On the other hand, I think many of you are so sensitive to anything regarding religion that if even someone brings it up in passing you start foaming at the mouth about it.
We're here because this is the religion forum, not the xian d-bags sharing their daily affirmation forum.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#66 Nimue1995

Nimue1995

    Mrs Obvious

  • Members
  • 2,508 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Stevensville MT
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'em

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:43 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Tuesday, March 11th, 2008, 4:17 PM, said:

We're here because this is the religion forum, not the xian d-bags sharing their daily affirmation forum.
I assume there are other faiths represented here as well. And the atheist faith as well if you really want to look at it that way. After all I'd have to say there are unprovens for your position as well. That's why they call them theories.
What do you like to do for fun?

QUOTE
Play poker
think up political posts to make in Daniel's Blog to drive LMD crazy,lol.

#67 longshottwelve

longshottwelve

    Poker Forum Regular

  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold'em, 2-7 lowball, Chinese

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

View PostNimue1995, on Tuesday, March 11th, 2008, 8:43 PM, said:

And the atheist faith as well if you really want to look at it that way.
But atheism's not a.... :club: nevermind.
Longshottwelve on FT
Longshotwelv on PS

#68 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:05 PM

View Postlongshottwelve, on Tuesday, March 11th, 2008, 9:22 PM, said:

But atheism's not a.... :club: nevermind.
They have tax exempt....yea, nevermind
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#69 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 26,671 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:32 PM

View PostNimue1995, on Tuesday, March 11th, 2008, 7:43 PM, said:

I assume there are other faiths represented here as well. And the atheist faith as well if you really want to look at it that way. After all I'd have to say there are unprovens for your position as well. That's why they call them theories.
Some how, every thread turns into either this agruement or mainstream xianity v lois's brand. I'll sit this one out.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#70 Spademan

Spademan

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 4,977 posts
  • Location:NC

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:24 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, March 11th, 2008, 10:05 PM, said:

They have tax exempt....yea, nevermind
Specious.Fallacy.Specious fallacy.Missing the point. Red herring. Equivocation.Stop.Give this point up.It is untenable.Some atheists organizations receiving tax exempt status does not a faith nor a religion make.It is a terrible argument.Embarrassing almost.Cease.I like balloons though.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'

#71 BuffDan

BuffDan

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 502 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pasadena, CA

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:31 PM

View PostNimue1995, on Tuesday, March 11th, 2008, 8:43 PM, said:

I assume there are other faiths represented here as well. And the atheist faith as well if you really want to look at it that way. After all I'd have to say there are unprovens for your position as well. That's why they call them theories.
Kind of like the theory of gravity. Man I wish somebody could prove that one true.
"A triangle with four points is what Euclid rides into hell"

#72 Spademan

Spademan

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 4,977 posts
  • Location:NC

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:34 AM

Why the fuck is this retarded ass thread/website stick'd?My post, as per usual I suppose, is honest-to-your-god the only thing good about it. Bury this stupid shit.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'

#73 crowTrobot

crowTrobot

    the hands of satan assembling his flock

  • Members
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:42 PM

View PostSpademan, on Sunday, July 19th, 2009, 2:34 AM, said:

Why the fuck is this retarded ass thread/website stick'd?
presumably because DN never looks here anymore

#74 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 26,671 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

View PostcrowTrobot, on Sunday, July 19th, 2009, 7:42 PM, said:

presumably because DN never looks here anymore
To show you how much of a shit he doesn't give about this thread or forum, his ex-mother in law is the alleged moderator of the religionfourm.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#75 Spademan

Spademan

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 4,977 posts
  • Location:NC

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:43 AM

God, I completely forgot about this retarded sticky.Bury it so my mind doesn't explode from pity.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally; Luck is the excitement of bad math.'




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users