• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 HumanClone

HumanClone

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:49 AM

Generally it seems like bigger losing sessions after a series of smaller winning sessions. I see this in my own statistics. What's the psychology behind this?Mathematical justice or bad play?

#22 Doug

Doug

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:55 AM

I couldn't explain it. A guy who plays live poker for a living loses at online poker doesn't make sense to me. I doubt it's mathmatical justice as DN would lose money in live play aswell, maybe its just some extreme variance or becoming bored of playing online and going on a few tilt sessions.
3 reasons why you can accept all in withouth see the floop:

1. if i am 200% convinced that i am a lucky guy and i will win

2. if i have the cards in hand that i wish(diferent cases: AA; AK; ... etc)

3. if i have a so called PokerRNG program that can copy the original RNG

#23 JLocke

JLocke

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Poker, computers, sports

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:38 AM

View PostDoug, on Tuesday, February 6th, 2007, 7:55 AM, said:

I doubt it's mathmatical justice as DN would lose money in live play aswell.
Why?

#24 Ole Coyote

Ole Coyote

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Texas Holdem

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:36 PM

View PostHumanClone, on Monday, February 5th, 2007, 12:49 PM, said:

Generally it seems like bigger losing sessions after a series of smaller winning sessions. I see this in my own statistics. What's the psychology behind this?Mathematical justice or bad play?
It's neither, it's the law of numbers and that catch all phrase. That's Poker. I had the weekend of my life this past weekend, raking in almost 785,000 at local cash games. Now the other night in a local neighborhood game for $5 buy in and 40 chips winner take all I got my rear booted all night long. The cards will come and go the only thing is will you still be around when the good ones start coming to you. I was playing very aggressive the other night but not getting my normal cards and I got my rear handed to me. The difference between the pros and ams is the ability to hold out for that hand that sends another player packing. Cards is cards and no limit holdem is all that is pure. If you ain't raisin, you better be foldin!!!!!!Tell em Daniel, holler at you next week.

#25 Big Blue

Big Blue

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:05 PM

Very interesting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users