137 replies to this topic

#41 Kid DynOmite

Kid DynOmite

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 664 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Mr. Negreanu's poker blog

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:14 PM

[quote=DanielNegreanu][quote=teacher12]GED or no GED the man is a F****g genius.[/quote]Second funniest thing i heard all day. This has me in tears. What makes him a genius? His diet and his poker 2004. Besides that one year in poker and his diet of veggies and alcohol and weed. He has proven himself to be a complete buffoon[/quote] I have never, not even once, smoked marijuana or any other illegal drug in my entire life. I have friends that do, but I never got into it. I just think it's ludicrous that alcohol is considered illegal, but not one thing you, or anyone in office, has said is a valid reason pro one and not the other. By the way, it is also VERY dangerous to eat fast food while driving! LOL.[/quote]I love this guy. DN, I'd like you to know that you're my largest public role model. And that ain't brownosing because this forum is virtually anonymous... its the god honest truth.

#42 TheLadiezMan

TheLadiezMan

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:14 PM

Hmm where to begin on this one. As an active college student I would probably say I have a fairly well and accurate opinion on this as I have smoked weed, drank alcohol, and smoked newports.First of all Alcohol is the worst drug mentioned out of the three mentioned, period. It is not only easily accessable but it is readily acceptable in our society today. There is no problem if you like to kick back the occasional brew after a hard days work right. Habitual alcohol comsumption does more damage to your brain and body then habitual marijuana use. If you smoke weed, sure the chemicals in your brain are thrown off for a bit, but they can correct themselves. Marijuana doesn't affect your liver, kidneys, or many other vital organs like alcohol does. It really is a poison.About some earlier posts about driving while being high. You rarely ever hear of someone getting in accident because they were high. You see when you're high you tend to put a lot of energy into whatever your focused on. When your driving high you, most of the time, are actually a better driver because your more focused then when your not high. Driving drunk is terrible although I've done it. It's a struggle to focus on what your doing and your motor skills are thoroughly thrown off.I know many successful adults who still "blaze" every night but own successful companies or are just plain successful in life. I don't buy into the fact that a drug will ruin your life. Only you will ruin your life. If you don't have the will power to be responsible about your use then its your own fault. I agree that it is a bad situation for teenagers as a few of them cannot be responsible. With that said though there are a majority of them who can juggle their habit of smoking weed and life. I had over a 3.0 gpa, scored over a 1200 on my sat, and was a three sport athlete in high school all while smoking weed.It's my belief that if the government would take a more active role in educating people about managing consumption and life it would be more successful. If the government needs so much money it would be such a wise move for them to legalize marijuana and tax it. Have weed bars and only allow a certain amount to be purchased each week. It would allocate so much more money and time to be invested elsewhere instead of on a petty little thing such a weed. I was charged with unlawful possesion of marijuana (although in ny my question is when is it legal then?) for about .8 of a gram, which to anyone who smokes knows that it is a tiny amount, and it caused more trouble in my life then me smoking did. I had to spend over $300 in lawyer fees and such to get it erased from my record. Not to mention the time it took away from, the struggle with my parents, and public opinion. Law enforcement is much better off spending their time fighting the manmade drugs such as crack, e, etc. as they do much more damage to our society.Sorry for babbling on so im gonna quit while im ahead lol.

#43 Petoria

Petoria

Forum death metal enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,448 posts
  • Interests:Boredom

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:15 PM

Mattnxtc said:

of course cigarettes affect the brain...whats the buzz that people smoke them to feel? Anybody who thinks alcohol doesnt affect the brain is well..stupid...Probably the biggest reason why cigarettes and alcohol arent illegal is b/c in our great society if u spend enough money u can basically get whatever u want. I dont think ull find anybody here willin to deny that alcohol is much more dangerous then marijuana. Also cigarettes are pretty darn addicting too. ask anyone who has ever tried to quit something like that. Whats ironic is that of the 3 marijuana has shown the most help for the largest amount of people (all those cancer patients) yet it is the one thats illegal. Just something to think about
I'm going to claim that marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol. Marijuana is like a combination of alcohol and cigarettes, so it should be legal? So it is safer than both of them? I really don't understand your reasoning.Marijuana has only showed some help for cancer patients as a painkiller, and there are many other painkillers that aren't illegal. Marijuana is NOT a cure for cancer, please.
The path
of the righteous man is beset on
all sides by the inequities of the
selfish and the tyranny of evil
men. Blessed is he who, in the
name of charity and good will,
shepherds the weak through the
valley of darkness, for he is truly
his brother's keeper and the finder
of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those
who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

#44 JBradburn6

JBradburn6

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:19 PM

Damn, when did we all get our MDs? I took a class on drugs and alcohol my first semester in college, and the one thing I remember is my professor was asked which he would rather have his child do, smoke weed or drink alcohol, and he said smoke weed.And it wasn't one of those graduate students, this guy's relatively well-known in the field, and has an MD and a PhD. For what it's worth.

#45 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:21 PM

[quote By the way, it is also VERY dangerous to eat fast food while driving! LOL.[/quote]roflmao.:-)

F Cancer

#46 augmented

augmented

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:music (guitar, violin, sonwriting, composing), poker, and not getting girls.
  • Favorite Poker Game:nlhe

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:24 PM

edit: nevermind, DN beat me to it, saying he'd never smoked weed in his life.

#47 soup

soup

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:Poker, baseball, football, Ohio State and family. I go to Vegas 2 to 3 times a year to shoot dice (oh, I love the dice).
  • Favorite Poker Game:Horse, LH, Stud

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:27 PM

Petoria said:

Mattnxtc said:

of course cigarettes affect the brain...whats the buzz that people smoke them to feel? Anybody who thinks alcohol doesnt affect the brain is well..stupid...Probably the biggest reason why cigarettes and alcohol arent illegal is b/c in our great society if u spend enough money u can basically get whatever u want. I dont think ull find anybody here willin to deny that alcohol is much more dangerous then marijuana. Also cigarettes are pretty darn addicting too. ask anyone who has ever tried to quit something like that. Whats ironic is that of the 3 marijuana has shown the most help for the largest amount of people (all those cancer patients) yet it is the one thats illegal. Just something to think about
I'm going to claim that marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol. Marijuana is like a combination of alcohol and cigarettes, so it should be legal? So it is safer than both of them? I really don't understand your reasoning.Marijuana has only showed some help for cancer patients as a painkiller, and there are many other painkillers that aren't illegal. Marijuana is NOT a cure for cancer, please.
My mother died of cancer. She tried every painkiller you can think of and NOTHING took away the pain she experienced day in and day out. She cried herself to sleep nightly for months till she got accepted for Marijuana treatment. Her final two months were hard but she could manage. Don't preach about the medical use of Marijuana when you have no experience of it. No it's not a cure, and yes i'm aganist the use of the drug on the street...but don't tell me there was another painkiller for my mother.
Open your ears and your mind and listen..

#1 reason to go to Vegas and not Disney..
Inserting quarters while pulling Minnies tail is -EV.

#48 Jordan

Jordan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,032 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

Petoria said:

Mattnxtc said:

Pet. You're wrong.You do know that MJ used to flow like wine in the United States. That the river beds of the Potomac in Washington was lined with the weed?Alcohol is manufactured. Alcohol isn't natural. Weed is.Now, I'm not for one of the other. But the hypocrisy in the whole debate drives me mad.I think both, at their "heart" are silly, but to say weed is more dangerous that alcohol is down right wrong. Alcohol really changes people. At that moment that you are down right trashed, drunk as hell, can't think, act, or remember what you did the night before...is horrible.I used to smoke weed, and I never suffered from the "blackouts", or poor decisions made while drunk. When you are really really drunk you are just to be plain and simple, not who you are while sober. Same thing with weed, but with weed you won't be blacking out, or driving on the wrong side of the road...and other stupid stuff drunks do.I have friends that still smoke weed, daily...and I really don't like it, or agree with it. It would be the same thing with friends that get drunk every night. I don't see a point, or a resolution to it, except altering their own reality...But still: Alcohol and weed. Do you know why weed was made illegal way back in the day? Go do some research. - Jordan

#49 EStormOk

EStormOk

Makes me want to puke!

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  • Interests:Bowling, Poker

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:31 PM

Teaher has way to much time on his hands. I don't have as much time so I will just say this: "If you don't like Daniel or anything he stands for, why do you continue to come back to his site?"EStormOk

#50 Mattnxtc

Mattnxtc

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

Petoria said:

Mattnxtc said:

A few things, Marijuana is not a combination of alcohol and cigarettes it is in fact the exact opposite...it slows everything down instead of speading it up. You dont black out as alcohol tends to make u do. Somebody above said that marijuana helps you to focus in at near paranoia states and that can be true at times. As for it being compared to cigarettes. Cigarettes are much worse than marijuana. Those ads you see from i believe Thetruth.com? are real. the makers of cigarettes seem to just pick up a bunch of crap off the side of the road on the way to work and throw them into the machine that makes cigarettes. as for your point about the cancer patients. Had a nice talk with a cancer survivor a few years back about the whole marijuana situation when it comes to cancer. She asked a very simple question: "when yoru sick dont u expect the very best possible medicine out there?"Will you be the one who tells the cancer patient that he/she has to take a pill that leaves them hugging the toilet for an hr b/c the best possible medicine is illegal b/c government officials havent been paid enough to legalize it? The reality is that marijuana is way ahead of the other options for cancer patients who deal with pain and rapid weight loss and they are being told to suffer even more...What a great place we live in

#51 Mack Show

Mack Show

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:40 PM

To Teacher...not cool bashing DN for not having a GED....hes Canadain and in Canada the education system is 15 times better then then in America.
Russell "Mack Show" Rancourt Esq.
Today's Country Q104.3/100.5 EZ Rock
www.QCOUNTRY.ca/www.EZROCKSOO.com

#52 Petoria

Petoria

• Members
  • 5,448 posts

[quote=Kid DynOmite][quote=DanielNegreanu]teacher, teacher, teacher... oh hateful teacher... based on your comments, how do you feel about alcohol being legal? Surely it's proven that more deaths related to alcohol happen on the roads as compared to marijuana?The law is all screwed up and doesn't make much sense at all. If you are going to legalize alcohol then there is NO good reason why marijuana shouldn't be legal. Cigarette smoking is legal and that has way more harmful chemicals in it than marijuana.One last point: if you truly believe that obesity doesn't affect anyone but the person that is obese you are missing out on the bigger pictures. With such an obesity problem in this country it is a monster strain on the economy. Medical insurance rates would plummet if less people suffered from the myriad of health problems associated with obesity.[/quote]Ok, why are more deaths related to alcohol than marijuana? hmmm....well, maybe because marijuana is illegal and fewer people use that drug. If you make marijuana legal, I'm sure you'll see a sharp increase in the number of marijuana related motor vehicle deaths. Cigarette smoke doesnt alter your state of mind, in any measurable amount. Marijuana does. Alcohol is a different story, I do feel that alcohol, in general, has no purpose. Making it illegal, would be no problem for me, because I dont drink. Basically it sounds like your argument for legalizing marijuana is that other bad things are legal, and so should marijuana. By that logic, you're only a few steps away from cocaine and heroin being sold in every neighborhood drug store. Logically, that would be the next step taken by radical leftists, right? If you give an inch, they'll try to take a mile. There are many factors that contribute to medical insurance rates being so high, and picking out one problem to support your own point is a pretty weak argument. I seriously doubt that obesity is the #1 reason for medical insurance rates being so high, but if you can prove me wrong, I'm willing to listen.[/quote]Ahh, someone making cogent points! It's refreshing, the teacher is an idiot. Anyways, NBC news recently ran a special on how obesity just overtook smoking as the #1 preventable health concern in the united states. I assume their sources are good, and I assume that in being the #1 prev. health concern they are using money as a measuring tool.... not very strong counterargument, but i have not really researched it at all. Prohibition is a disaster. we already tried that it lead to a sharp increase in crime (violent too). Drug dealing has also lead to a sharp increase in crime. Legalizing it would increase tax revenues, lower crime (fewer drug dealers ect.) and make marijuana regulated (making it safer and making more jobs for people in the U.S. Now, your argument that this would lead to other drugs being legalized is your most thought provoking pt imo. There is, however, a HUGE difference in weed and c0ke and heroine. Some people argue that if people are stupid enough to use these hard drugs then so be it. legalize, tax the heck out of em and let the country reap the benefits. These other drugs, however, are mainly physically addicting, causing people to do crazy things to get their fix (killing somone and taking his wallet). This means that these drugs would put society at large risk, i do not think marijuana would... so that is where you draw the line.[/quote]My point is that we drew a line before, and the line was just behind alcohol and just ahead of marijuana. Some people will always not like the line where it is, but you have to take a stand somewhere. I understand that there's a difference between the illegal drugs that I've mentioned, but they ARE all currently illegal, and making marijuana legal only pushes the line closer to making cocaine legal. I know that you're probably not going to want to hear the "Gateway drug argument" so I'm not going to get into it, but I do believe that it does have some valid points. I also believe that the "Gateway" argument falls apart if marijuana is legal. Look at that, I made and rejected my own argument in two sentences.I understand each and every one of your points and respect them as well, but I think taking a soft stance on any drug-related matter will spell trouble in the future. I especially like the taxing idea, but they're smuggling marijuana in now, and they'll continue to do it even if it is taxed. They can avoid taxation by continuing to smuggle.
The path
of lost children.

#53 finztotheleft

finztotheleft

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,059 posts

teacher12 said:

DanielNegreanu said:

teacher, teacher, teacher... oh hateful teacher... based on your comments, how do you feel about alcohol being legal? Surely it's proven that more deaths related to alcohol happen on the roads as compared to marijuana? The law is all screwed up and doesn't make much sense at all. If you are going to legalize alcohol then there is NO good reason why marijuana shouldn't be legal. Cigarette smoking is legal and that has way more harmful chemicals in it than marijuana. One last point: if you truly believe that obesity doesn't affect anyone but the person that is obese you are missing out on the bigger pictures. With such an obesity problem in this country it is a monster strain on the economy. Medical insurance rates would plummet if less people suffered from the myriad of health problems associated with obesity.
OH Daniel Daniel Daniel!!!! The whole picture well how about the 10 year olds who will very easily be able to get marijuana. cigarettes does not do what marijuana does to the brain. God you are some hypocrite!! You eat all this healthy censored but you you can drink and smoke marijuana and that is ok. Man your analogies are that of a 1st grader. You have nos ense of the overall picture. Marijuana affects the mind cigarettes destroy the human body. I hate cigarettes too. But at least they do not affect the way the mind works. Go eat some Tofu and have a 6 pack and bong hit. Now there is the hypocrite I know.
Teacher, Teacher, Teacher.......Please do your homework. Cigarettes most certainly have an effect on the nervous system.NicotineFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.Jump to: navigation, searchNicotine is also a file-sharing application for the Soulseek peer-to-peer network.Nicotine Chemical name (S)-3-(1-methylpyrrolidin-2-yl)pyridine Chemical formula C10H14N2 Molecular mass 162.23 g/mol Density 1.01 g/ml Melting point -79 C Boiling point 247 C CAS number 54-11-5 SMILES CN(CCC1)[C@@]1([H])C2=CC=CN=C2 Except where noted otherwise, data are given formaterials in their standard state (at 25 C, 100 kPa)Infobox disclaimer and references Nicotine is an organic compound, an alkaloid found naturally in the nightshade family of plants, such as tobacco and tomatoes. It constitutes 0.3 to 5% of the tobacco plant by dry weight, with biosynthesis taking place in the roots, and accumulates in the leaves. It is a potent nerve poison and is included in many insecticides. In lower concentrations, the substance is a stimulant and is one of the main factors leading to the pleasure and habit-forming qualities of tobacco smoking. Nicotine has limited carcinogenic effects, inhibiting the body's ability to destroy potentially cancerous cells; however, nicotine does not promote the development of cancer in healthy cells. In addition to the tobacco plant, nicotine is also found in lower quantities in other members of the Solanaceae (nightshade) family, which includes tomato, potato, eggplant (aubergine), and green pepper. Nicotine alkaloids are also found in the leaves of the coca plant.Contents [hide]1 Chemistry 2 Effects on the body 3 Therapeutic uses 4 History and name 5 See also 6 External links [edit]ChemistryNicotine is a hygroscopic oily liquid that is miscible with water in its base form. As a nitrogenous base, nicotine forms salts with acids that are usually solid and water soluble. Nicotine easily penetrates the skin and forms vapors at elevated temperature.[edit]Effects on the bodyIn small doses nicotine has a stimulating effect, increasing activity, alertness and memory. Repeat users report a pleasant relaxing effect. It also increases the heart rate and blood pressure and reduces the appetite. In large doses it may cause vomiting and nausea. The LD50 of nicotine (that is, the lethal dosage reported to kill 50% of the population) is 50 mg/kg for rats and 3 mg/kg for mice. 4060 mg can be a lethal dosage for adult human beings.Repeat users of nicotine very often develop a physical dependency to the chemical. A report released on May 16, 1988 by United States Surgeon General C. Everett Koop stated that the addictive properties of nicotine are similar to those of heroin and cocaine; although many people do not agree with such a comparison. Physical withdrawal symptoms include irritability, headaches, anxiety, cognitive disturbances and sleep disruption. These symptoms peak at around 4872 hours, and generally cease after two to six weeks.Although the amount of nicotine inhaled with tobacco smoke is quite small (most of the substance is destroyed by the heat) it is still sufficient to cause dependence. The amount of nicotine absorbed by the body from smoking depends on many factors, including the type of tobacco, whether the smoke is inhaled, and whether a filter is used. For chewing tobacco,often called Dip, Snuff or snus which is held in the mouth between the lip and gum, the amount released into the body tends to be much greater than smoked tobacco.As nicotine enters the body, it quickly gets distributed through the bloodstream and can cross the blood-brain barrier. On average it takes about seven seconds for the substance to reach the brain. It acts on the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. In small concentrations it increases the activity of these receptors, among other things leading to an increased flow of adrenaline, a stimulating hormone. The release of adrenaline causes an increase in heart rate, blood pressure and respiration, as well as higher glucose levels in the blood. Cotinine is a break-down product of nicotine which remains in the blood for up to 48 hours, and so can be used as an indicator of a person's exposure to smoke. In high doses, nicotine will cause a depolarizing block of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, which is the reason for its toxicity and its effectiveness as an insecticide.In addition, nicotine increases dopamine levels in the reward circuits of the brain. Studies have shown that smoking tobacco inhibits monoamine oxidase (MAO), an enzyme responsible for breaking down monoaminergic neurotransmitters such as dopamine, in the brain. It is currently believed that nicotine by itself does not inhibit the production of monoamine oxidase (MAO), but that other ingredients in inhaled tobacco smoke are believed to be responsible for this activity. In this way, it generates feelings of pleasure. This reaction is similar to that caused by cocaine and heroin, and is another reason people keep smoking: to sustain high dopamine levels.It has been noted that the majority of people diagnosed with schizophrenia smoke tobacco. Estimates for the number of schizophrenics that smoke range from 75% to 90%. It was recently argued that the increased level of smoking in schizophrenia may be due to a desire to self-medicate with nicotine. [1] [2] More recent research has found the reverse, that it is a risk factor without long-term benefit, used only for its short term effects. [3]Nicotine and its metabolites are being researched for the treatment of a number of disorders, including ADHD, Parkinson's Disease and Alzheimer's Disease.The carcinogenic properties of nicotine in standalone form, i.e. separate from tobacco smoke, have not been evaluated by the IARC, and it has not been assigned to an official carcinogen group. The currently available data indicates that nicotine on its own does not promote the development of cancer in healthy tissue, and has no mutagenic properties. Its teratogenic properties have not yet been adequately researched, and while the likelihood of birth defects caused by nicotine is believed to be very small or nonexistent, nicotine replacement product manufacturers recommend consultation with a physician before using a nicotine patch or nicotine gum while pregnant or nursing. However, nicotine and the increased acetylcholinic activity it causes have been shown to impede apoptosis, which is one of the means used by the body to destroy unwanted cells (programmed cell death). Since apoptosis helps remove mutated or damaged cells that may evolve into cancerous tissue, its inhibition by nicotine creates more favourable conditions for cancer to develop once the initial mutations have occurred. Thus, in combination with the numerous potent carcinogens in tobacco smoke, nicotine plays a role in carcinogenesis and may be considered to be a carcinogen on those grounds. It is also important to note that its addictive properties are often the primary motivating factor for tobacco smoking, contributing to the proliferation of cancer.[edit]History and nameNicotine is named after the tobacco plant Nicotiana tabacum which in turn is named after Jean Nicot, who sent tobacco seeds from Portugal to Paris in 1550 and promoted its medicinal use. It was first isolated in 1828 by German chemists Posselt & Reimann; its molecular formula (3-(1-methyl-2-pyrrolidinyl)pyridine) was established in 1843 by Adolf Pinner and it was first synthesized in 1904.[edit]See alsoPsychoactive drug Addiction

#54 joeythep

joeythep

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Poker (duh) Playing Guitar, Reading...Not Working

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

Wow some of you are grossly uninformed and way off point. First of all...marijuana being illegal in no way shape or form keeps it out of kids hands. In fact as a fifteen year old i could get marijuana anytime i wanted. Just give me fifteen minutes. But if we wanted beer, we'd have to plan it. Marijuana, when consumed in moderation is no more harmful than OCCASIONAL fast food. For the record, I don't smoke marijuana anymore, i'm going on four years clean of the stuff. I also don't eat fast food. But in all my years of knowing and hanging out with "stoners" i have never once heard of stoned driving being the cause of a car accident...there's two little anecdotes I like to share whenever a comparison of marijuana and alcohol come up. One's a joke, the other isn't...1) What's the difference between a drunk driver and a stoned one? The drunk driver sees the stop sign and drives through it. The stoned driver sees it, stops and waits for it to turn green2) When i was a kid, sometimes my dad would come home late at night drunk and he'd beat my little sister's ass. Other nights he'd come home stoned and he'd just sit on the couch laughing at cartoons. I know which one i prefer. Anyway, there is a lot of misinformation out there about everything from marijuana to fast food, to sugar substitutes. I don't like to call people ignorant or stupid when they think marijuana is so evil, because i don't think it's your fault. I just think you've been misinformed. Another reason is that there's very little scientific information about the actual effects of marijuana use, because since the 1930's it's been illegal to even study them! For one, the first anti-marijuana laws in the nation were passed in the southwest as a reason to deport mexican immigrants. They were selectively enforced as well. Just...don't believe everything you hear about what's good for you. don't forget that there are perfectly legal, OTC drugs that have been scientifically proven to DOUBLE your chance of having a fatal heart attack (aleve) and there are popular food additives that have been proven to increase your risk of cancer (nitrites used to cure meat,and aspartame..aka Nutrasweet) And the herb Stevia, which is 300 times sweeter than sugar, and therefore much cheaper to produce is illegal to sell as a sweeteneer despite the fact that the only side effects found in 30 years of research was the ability to regenerate the liver. Yet herb companies are forced to sell it as a "dietary supplement" and are barred by law from even mentioning it's sweetening properties. Why? Because the money thrown around by large pharmaceutical companies that produce Aleve and Aspartame has far reaches into the government.my point in mentioning this "off topic" information is that just because something is legal or illegal has no effect on whether something is actually good to use. Do some research, and find out for yourself. I realize I'm coming across as an idiot, but that's how the "Marijuana Kills Kids, So let's go to Mickey D's and Drink Diet Soda" crowd comes across to alot of people too. Oh well, let's talk about poker now.Anyway, i'm gonna go back to my 90% raw, 100% organic dinner, and drink some Stevia "supplemented" herbal tea (also 100% organic)...

#55 gaddyjr

gaddyjr

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:55 PM

Over the last 6 months, this is the all time most ignorant post I have have ever seen on this forum. I don't think DN would ever suggest that marijuana is healthy, nor do I think "teacher" would suggest that fast food is healthy. Why doesn't everyone admit that over the long run, both are bad choices. That would save us all alot of time.

#56 loogie

loogie

Chopped Liver

• Members
  • 6,112 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:fun poker pics :)

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:57 PM

I know who's teaching Trolling 101 this year.

#57 ArseneLupin3

ArseneLupin3

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:57 PM

This post is making me want to go hit up the vaporizer in my friend's room.26 days ganja free!

#58 Petoria

Petoria

• Members
  • 5,448 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:09 PM

Mattnxtc said:

Petoria said:

Mattnxtc said:

A few things, Marijuana is not a combination of alcohol and cigarettes it is in fact the exact opposite...it slows everything down instead of speading it up. You dont black out as alcohol tends to make u do. Somebody above said that marijuana helps you to focus in at near paranoia states and that can be true at times. As for it being compared to cigarettes. Cigarettes are much worse than marijuana. Those ads you see from i believe Thetruth.com? are real. the makers of cigarettes seem to just pick up a bunch of crap off the side of the road on the way to work and throw them into the machine that makes cigarettes. as for your point about the cancer patients. Had a nice talk with a cancer survivor a few years back about the whole marijuana situation when it comes to cancer. She asked a very simple question: "when yoru sick dont u expect the very best possible medicine out there?"Will you be the one who tells the cancer patient that he/she has to take a pill that leaves them hugging the toilet for an hr b/c the best possible medicine is illegal b/c government officials havent been paid enough to legalize it? The reality is that marijuana is way ahead of the other options for cancer patients who deal with pain and rapid weight loss and they are being told to suffer even more...What a great place we live in
I believe that TheTruth.com has their own agenda and their ads arent completely honest. I believe that the core of the ads are true, but they're citing meetings and documents from before cigarettes became so strictly regulated.Do I want the best medicine? Yes, if it's 100% safe, if it's been approved by the FDA (I realize that the FDA has many problems as well, but they're all we have right now) as a painkiller, then fine. I can't except that marijuana is the only option as a painkiller, though. I think that we should be more enraged that the FDA has a tendency to drag their feet with drugs that could actually cure diseases. I'll tell you what, I'm going to do some research on both ends and become more educated on the subject. I dont feel like I can accurately argue so many points that are flying at me right now. Where are you getting your information? A major problem with formulating arguments on this subject is that there are many non-objective sites spewing out information when scientific results are actually inconclusive. I'm not saying that this occurs on just the "Legalize it" side, but both.Your question, "Will you be the one who tells the cancer patient that he/she has to take a pill that leaves them hugging the toilet for an hr b/c the best possible medicine is illegal b/c government officials havent been paid enough to legalize it?" really is unfair. I mean, stating an emotional item like this does not help your argument.
The path
of lost children.

#59 vonteego3

vonteego3

Putting dogs ahead of people since 2005

• Members
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:12 PM

Lets get to the root of the problem here, and that's driving. Be it drunk or drinking, high or smoking, on the cell phone, eating a whopper, gossipping with your passenger, watching your fold-out DVD screen... all of these lead to greater risk of injury to others than these things alone.If you wanna drink, don't get behind a wheel. If you wanna get high, same thing. If you need to talk on the phone, do it while the car is parked. Stop eating while driving. Ban fold-out DVD/playstation screens.Now, when it comes to getting into your car and going somewhere? Here's what you do. Get in car. Drive. Get out of car. Don't let anything else distract you.This is all meant as a warning, because I've developed a habit of wishing a horrible and imminent death on every single person I see change lanes without signalling, ride in the left lane below the speed limit, change lanes in an intersection, that cuts me off, that doesn't merge with everyone else because he's gonna try to sneak in further up ahead, that doesn't create space for someone else to merge... all of you people, every single one with a cell phone jammed in your ear, one day, WILL feel the wrath of someone wishing a flaming wreck on you.It's all about context. Alcohol in a safe environment - good. Marijuana in a safe environment with lots of cheetos - good. Cell phones, sitting in a private, non-moving object - good. Mix any with driving, and I'm going to kill you.

#60 HtotheNootch

HtotheNootch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:21 PM

I follow the words of the prophet on this one:

Bill Hicks said:

Here is my final point. About drugs, about alcohol, about pornography and smoking and everything else. What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I ****, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?

"I never actually tortured anyone. I don't know how . . . They have specialists!."

- Titus Pullo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users