marijuana compared to fast food --go back to hs

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:03 AM

dan, now that you're a huge success and live comfortably, you should enlighten yourself and taste the sweet mary jane ... you would dig it the most.

#122 PocketRocks

PocketRocks

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Pool, Paintball, ATV's

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:07 AM

rogerwilco said:

PocketRocks said:

Also, about marijuana killing others...show me 1, yes just 1, documented case of marijuana being directly related to another persons death (ie. from a car accident, violence, etc...). I bet you can't find 1 documented case.
Well, I'm sure, there have been lethal car accidents because of cannabis use. Driving stoned is not a good idea, but common sense should tell you that anyway, it's neither an argument for nor against legalisation.
You are right, it is not an argument for or against legalisation, I was just commenting on his statement about it being dangerous to others. If you are going to comment on something, you better have the facts to prove it. I don't know that anyone can find 1 documented case of an accident that killed someone that was directly related to the driver being stoned. I am not saying it is not possible, or has not happened, but it is not documented. More people kill or hurt others in car accidents from being tired than being stoned."For the person talkin about the governement could make money off of it if it were legal, wrong. It is acutally the opposite. The governement would lose tons of money. It is a plant and anybody can grow it. It could replace so many prescription drugs and over the counter drugs, and you could grow it yourself. Not to mention you can also use it for fuel, clothing, etc. It would make things so much cheaper. "I would like to disagree with this statement also. The government would make tons of money on this. Did you know that Marlboro already has a stock of marijuana, already packaged and ready to sell. Marijuana will be legal sometime soon. Yes people could grow it themselves, people can also brew their own beer, grow tobbacco plants, etc... but we choose not to because it is easier to just go buy a pack of ciggs or beer. The government CAN make tons of money on it. The reason it is not legal is because they will not be able to control the THC levels in the marijuana. We all know that the funk bud is very high in THC, and shwag is not. It is like moonshine, the alchohol content it too much so it is illegal, Marijuana could not be controlled if it were legal as far as its' THC content. Also if Marijuana were legal, we would save tons of money on jailing. I think it is like 40% of people jailed, are there on some kind of Marijuana charge. Yet we are letting theves, and other non-violent people out on the streets because there is not enough room in our jails. The government would save money there, and so would the tax payers.
"Prohibition...goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."

Abraham Lincoln

#123 sdnuol

sdnuol

I AM BANNED

• Members
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:07 PM

View PostKowboyKoop, on Wednesday, January 25th, 2006, 8:33 PM, said:

To be honest, I think alcohol should be illegal too. I can't see ONE positive effect of alcohol....and I see a TON of negative effects. I know this will never happen, but I'd be for it.
I agree. If I ever have $147,256,994,357,422,169.29 like DN I will somehow buy a law getting rid of alcohol, cigs, and maybe even some fast food for Daniel.
I got banned for being an asshole

#124 sdnuol

sdnuol

I AM BANNED

• Members
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:29 PM

View Postteacher12, on Wednesday, January 25th, 2006, 8:38 PM, said:

Cigarettes do not make you high!! Not at all!! Marijuana slows the brain process down. Look I am not going to debate this. Marijuana and Cigarettes are noth terrible for you. But One affects the mind the other affects the lungs and inside. Marijuana fries the brain. So many og my friends who smoke a lot of marijuana are so burnt now. They are so much slower to react even when they are not high and they have no motivation. Kids in middle school even say they hate cigarettes but they like marijuana. They like to get high. It is not that easy for them to get right now at there age. Plus my original arguement was he compared obesity to marijuana. My typing well i could care less whether u like it or not i am pkaying poker and typing while writing a math test and eating one of Daniel's super duper Boca Burgers.
im only in 10th grade, but I know that you meant there, not their, and I also know that even in middle school kids can buy weed. I don't do that, never have and never will. I live in a suburban town and you could get pot when your 12 or 13. As for the actual topic of this whole thing.... the point DN is making is that pot and being obese are two things that are harmful to your health. I also think alcohol and smoking cigs are harmful to your health. In the end none of the previously stated activities or life choices are healty for you. In the long run none of them will benefit you and in some and/or most cases your life will end because of one of those. Also for who cares if Drug use is at teh bottom of the list. Who cares if it's a total from all drugs and not just pot. The fact of the matter is 17,000 people died. Some drug users out their chose to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars getting high, only to die. Whether 10 or 10,000 people died because of weed, the money could be put to better use. We spend several hundred thousand dying from drugs when there are people in third world countries that only need a few hundred dollars to live on. Think about that next time you go out to buy your pot. Say you spend just $10 a week on weed, that's still $3650 a year. One night you do manage to kill someone well you are high, in a car or not. Was that person's life worth your $3650? For less than $1 per dose you can prevent an African infant from contracting HIV from their mother. If you do the complex multiplication that comes out to over 3,650 infants you could save by not smoking pot. You choose....One accidental death because you spent $3650 getting high or you can help save 3,650 lives and give up smoking weed. What would you do? I'm sure if you wanted to you could transform these numbers into pot odds and relate it to poker. i think if you did that you would be getting pretty good odds to call that bet of saving 3000+ lives.

View Postteacher12, on Wednesday, January 25th, 2006, 8:45 PM, said:

GED or no GED the man is a F****g genius.Second funniest thing i heard all day. This has me in tears. What makes him a genius? His diet and his poker 2004. Besides that one year in poker and his diet of veggies and alcohol and weed. He has proven himself to be a complete buffoon
sorry i know ive made like three consecutive posts, but isnt this site for fans of DN?

#125 joeythep

joeythep

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Poker (duh) Playing Guitar, Reading...Not Working

Posted 11 March 2006 - 01:56 AM

View Postetip, on Thursday, January 26th, 2006, 10:22 AM, said:

Very nice post, well written. I'm surprised no one has said anything about it. I think your points are excellent, and as a 21-year old graduating senior in college, I am impressed at your knowledge and articulatory (is that a word?) skills at the age of 15. If this forum continues to be rife with kids, I hope there will be more like you and less people whose sole meaning of existence seems to be to mock others without making valid points. Of course I am judging only from this one post but still...
Thank you for the compliment, however i'd like to mention that i am not, in fact, 15. I am 27. Maybe that dilutes your opinion of my post. Who knows.

#126 Don Giovanni

Don Giovanni

Custom member title

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:45 AM

i think if some of you ever smoke weed you would change your mind about it. as long as you dont drive while high its harmless. also, it doesnt impare your driving skills anywhere near as much as alcohol does.well ok so its not harmless but in moderation, as with everything else, it is basically harmless.

#127 avsfan

avsfan

I don't know!

• Members
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:37 AM

FACT: Medical Marijuana users can legally drive under the influence of Marijuana in California. A few other states respect California's Medical marijuana laws. Nevada for expample is a Zero Tolerance state, but I think California's Medical Marijuana users can drive there legally. I am pretty sure Nevada the zero tolerance state also has dispenceries for California's Medical Marijuana users. Now is Pot Determential to your Health? Seems like every time you turn around some old negative aspect of marijuana is being disproved. My current favorite shocker study is the one about it increasing the intelligence of mice or rats. I think the truth is some where in betwween but right now we don't know the whole picture and Marijuana was demonized for reasons that had nothing to do with ill affects on the indivdiual or society.fwiw.

"The aspiring one lives in Javel and me I was living in the spiral." -Marcel Duchamp

#128 CROPE

CROPE

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SOME POT!
"And Jerry walked with Daniel; and he was not, for Daniel took him."

Gen. 5:24

#129 weakdraw

weakdraw

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:29 AM

View Postteacher12, on Wednesday, January 25th, 2006, 8:42 PM, said:

And as for bashing liberals... well I have written extensively on this issue and do not have the inclination to explain to you why liberalism is not only "not evil" but it is actually imperative to this country's existence. Take care.Now that is funny!! It is imperative. HAHA HA Just gave my father the best laugh he has had in years. He had tears running down his face.
is he high ?
IluvMMaker... Can I steak u ?

#130 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,436 posts
  • Interests:flesh peddling

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:28 AM

Say you spend just $10 a week on weed, that's still $3650 a year.
I smoke weed all the time and yet my math is way better than yours - last time i checked there weren't 365 weeks in the yearOnly a complete moron would argue that weed being illegal while alcohol is ok is anything less than hypocrisy of the first order

#131 rog

rog

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:47 AM

View PostKowboyKoop, on Wednesday, January 25th, 2006, 11:33 PM, said:

To be honest, I think alcohol should be illegal too. I can't see ONE positive effect of alcohol....and I see a TON of negative effects. I know this will never happen, but I'd be for it.
well...since we're revisiting this thread anyway...New Cholesterol Fighter Found In Red Winehttp://www.scienceda...30909070840.htmNow you can see one positive effect. Change your position?
Rog

"I got it, I got it. Last words: I dig music! . . . I'M ON DRUGS!"

#132 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:01 AM

Pot can be detrimental to your health and well being, it's true, but don't compare pot to heroin or alcohol or cigarettes. It's nowhere near the same thing. Stop being a dullard and light up.When was the last time two guys got into a fight while puffing? While drinking? Yeah, that's right.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#133 avsfan

avsfan

I don't know!

• Members
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:39 AM

View PostMercury69, on Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 8:01 AM, said:

Pot can be detrimental to your health and well being, it's true, but don't compare pot to heroin or alcohol or cigarettes. It's nowhere near the same thing. Stop being a dullard and light up.When was the last time two guys got into a fight while puffing? While drinking? Yeah, that's right.
It is also Medicinal thats why its legal in some states. They made it legal cause it can help ppl.

"The aspiring one lives in Javel and me I was living in the spiral." -Marcel Duchamp

#134 SunDrop

SunDrop

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, because I remember prohibition worked out really well. Can we say "The Great Depression"?
NL Hold em is a game measured in hours of pure boredom interrupted by moments of shear terror.

My Blog...fascinating stuff really

#135 ricker

ricker

Nobody calls me Lebowski! I'm the Dude!

• Members
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:30 PM

It's funny how one's opinion can be changed after you try something you've railed against your whole life.My entire life growing up, I was indoctrinated as to the evils of pot smoking. That if I smoked - even once - I would fall into a spiral of uncontrollable drug abuse including heroine, coke, E, and just about every drug in existance. For most of my life, I not only not tried Marijuana, I spoke out against it. About two months ago, I finally tried it with my girlfriend and I can't tell you how bad I feel about how much abuse I used to heap on my friends back in high school and college. It's not the evil drug that I grew up believing it was. It's not terrible, it won't kill me, I can't OD on it, and I'm certaintly not addicted to the point where I waste my entire life on smoking it. It's like anything else. Everything in moderation. I'm not a fan of tobacco use, only because of how bad Nicotine is for you. But speaking as someone who used to rail against it, I can tell you now I regret how I acted without an informed decision. If you want to smoke, go for it, just like anything else, if you're smart about it it's not gonna kill anyone (no more than the ton of other LEGAL stuff out there).

#136 Sluggo

Sluggo

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

View PostSunDrop, on Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 2:45 PM, said:

Yeah, because I remember prohibition worked out really well. Can we say "The Great Depression"?
Can you say market correction because of speculation?
(sw)

#137 sdnuol

sdnuol

I AM BANNED

• Members
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:09 PM

View Postkeith crime, on Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 6:28 AM, said:

I smoke weed all the time and yet my math is way better than yours - last time i checked there weren't 365 weeks in the yearOnly a complete moron would argue that weed being illegal while alcohol is ok is anything less than hypocrisy of the first order
lol, look how dumb i am. still.... getting high or a few hundred saved lives?

#138 davezz5

davezz5

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:15 PM

combine drug taking and eating..Make some hash cakes, or maybe ganja burgers. Yum, yum.
Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users