KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts
  • Interests:poker(duh), soccer, football, rugby, music, and film

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:13 PM

Zimmer4141 said:

KDawgCometh said:

zim, I disagree. THe key to being able to beat 10/20 6 is having a big enough roll to withstand multiple thousand dollar swings, I've been told this by someone who is now playing 20/40 and 30/60 on party and was playing 10/20 6 as his main game not that long ago. Having 300 BBs is all well and good, but you are going to be feeling the pressure when you have a 13K roll and have dropped 5K in a matter of days. THese things are very possible and do happen even to very good players at that level. I don't know how much 6 max that u have played, but the swings at 6 max are bigger then those at full, so u need a bigger roll to handle those swings
Before I moved up from 5/10 to 10/20, I played 5/10 6 max for around 2.5k hands to get more experience with blind battles, and it really helped. I guess I like full table more because at this point, I can basically just play good hands, and put myself in better situations. I do have experience with 6-max, but I'm gonna stick with full table right now, unless I find myself struggling and feel I need to drop down and play some 10/20 6 max.
2.5 K hands at 6 max is absolutely nothing, that is barely a week's worth of playing. There is no way that u can make any sort of judgements based on just that small of a sample size. I greatly recomend 6 max to anyone who wants to take their game to another level. You have to make many more decisions and you have to get used to short handed pots. its also a great way to get used to being in more marginal situations
Wine Notes for those that care about such pretentious things

#42 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts
  • Interests:poker(duh), soccer, football, rugby, music, and film

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

screech said:

Is absolute really that tough, or is stars just soft?
a little of column A, a little of column B
Wine Notes for those that care about such pretentious things

#43 Abbaddabba

Abbaddabba

breaking even like it's 1999

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:29 PM

Is the 3/6 on party significantly different from the 2/4 on party? (or those levels in general on various sites)Im at 10k hands now at 2/4 ring for 2.5BB/100... which was 3.5BB/100 yesterday. :| I feel like a pansy being upset about a 35BB downswing, but when half of the downswing is attributable to retarded misclicks and/or crappy internet connections timing you out, i'm not a happy camper.Anyways, point is - with 3k in my account and several thousand in 'whatever money' from poker last year, i can't think of any good reason to stick with 2/4. I spend too many hours browsing the 5/10 on party and drooling at the site of some of the retards.

#44 screech

screech

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,376 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:30 PM

greatly recomend 6 max to anyone who wants to take their game to another level. You have to make many more decisions and you have to get used to short handed pots. its also a great way to get used to being in more marginal situations
I agree.More hands plus more marginal decisons means you better learn how to play them right if you want to win. And as you move up, the pots get smaller, so you can't just really on sure things if you want to win.

#45 PoppinFresh

PoppinFresh

Baking up Tasty Delights

• Members
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:15 PM

What's MHUSH?

#46 econ_tim

econ_tim

forum explorer

• Members
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:16 PM

Actuary said:

Are you guys able to psycologically say: This is not really my money. This is my Poker Seed Money which I use to make money, some which I can spend (maybe) and the rest I plow back in to make a bigger seed?
maybe so, maybe notbut compared to our lifetime wealth, or even to the present discounted value of poker earnings for a serious player, 10K or 20K is not that much money
%error452% object ::signature:: not found

#47 screech

screech

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,376 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

PoppinFresh said:

What's MHUSH?
Mid and High Stakes HU and SH on 2+2

#48 screech

screech

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,376 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:40 PM

[quote name='"Actuary"][quote=screech][quote]Could I have my balls back now please?[/quote] :club: Are you guys able to psycologically say: This is not really my money. This is my Poker Seed Money which I use to make money' date=' some which I can spend (maybe) and the rest I plow back in to make a bigger seed?Or is it REAL MONEY to you and losing x BB is losing money..not "variance" that will be ok.I'm still in part, at least, attached to the money...but gradually as I get more confident, I *know* any losses are temporary.[/quote']When I first move up in a limit, I think in terms of money. It's just some psychological thing I guess. When my swings are twice as big, thinking in terms of BB's takes about a thousand hands to get used to.Once I get comfortable with the limit, I stop thinking in money altogether. I don't even consider my bankroll to be real money. I've only taken money out from it once, and I couldn't believe it worked. All I'm used to seeing is an electronic number on the screen. It seems like a video game.

#49 PoppinFresh

PoppinFresh

Baking up Tasty Delights

• Members
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:42 PM

screech said:

PoppinFresh said:

What's MHUSH?
Thanks

#50 jayboogie

jayboogie

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:51 PM

KDawgCometh said:

screech said:

Not only that, but 10/20 6 max on party is notoriously soft.
How does it compare to 5/10 6 max on party?I'm a bit hesitant to move up after following some of the posts from the better MHUSH players. They do a lot of censored I don't even consider. I guess those players are few and far between though?I was thinking about waiting until I have 1000BB's to move up since if I start off on a downswing I won't be bothered as much, but now I'm thinking 750 should do the trick. Any suggestions?
my suggestion is start datamining the crap out of 10/20 6. Move up when u feel comfortable and start reading MHUSH religiously. You will come across more tricky players there and not every lag is the same. I've talked to several 2p2ers taht play there all the time, and that is what they've told me. One thing you should do is move some money onto AP and get used to better play there(but beware, there are a lot of 2p2ers running around there these days) at lower limits. A friend of mine told me that if you can beat the AP 5/10 then you can beat the stars 30/60(that was Kurosh who told me that)
This is pretty much correct. The 5/10 on AP is the toughest game I guess you could say Lb 4 LB wise on the internet. I'm not neccessarily sure how true beating the 5/10 on AP would equate to beating the 30/60 on Stars, but I'd think you could beat the 15/30 game on Party with ease if you can beat the 5/10 on AP. The 15/30 and 25/50 games on AP tend to be better games than the 5/10 on there by far, at least by my experience and opinioin. I definitely wouldn't recommend playing it if your trying to build a bankroll, however it would probably be a good learning experience to play against better players.

#51 Verdimme

Verdimme

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 921 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:34 PM

Just wondering, what is MHUSH?

#52 Abbaddabba

Abbaddabba

breaking even like it's 1999

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:35 PM

screech said:

PoppinFresh said:

What's MHUSH?

#53 Verdimme

Verdimme

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 921 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

TY, dont mind me im drunk

#54 Guest_Zach6668_*

Guest_Zach6668_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:28 PM

Abbaddabba said:

Is the 3/6 on party significantly different from the 2/4 on party? (or those levels in general on various sites)Im at 10k hands now at 2/4 ring for 2.5BB/100... which was 3.5BB/100 yesterday. :| I feel like a pansy being upset about a 35BB downswing, but when half of the downswing is attributable to retarded misclicks and/or crappy internet connections timing you out, i'm not a happy camper.Anyways, point is - with 3k in my account and several thousand in 'whatever money' from poker last year, i can't think of any good reason to stick with 2/4. I spend too many hours browsing the 5/10 on party and drooling at the site of some of the retards.
Abbba...I've played 3225 hands at 3/6 and I find it to be very very similar to 2/4. You still find the same donks who pay you off all the time. I'm actually beating it for way more BB/100, but only about 3/10ths as many hands as I have at 2/4.I've even played one session of 5/10 and I found it to be quite similar to both 3/6 as 2/4 as well. If only my aces would have held up, I would have been up a ton, but oh well. Just to let you know, from my limited experience, and from what I hear, it's basically very similar up to 5/10 full.Zach

#55 econ_tim

econ_tim

forum explorer

• Members
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:02 PM

this 2+2 post reflects the opinion i voiced earlier in this thread
%error452% object ::signature:: not found

#56 GamblinLeaf

GamblinLeaf

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:48 AM

econ_tim said:

this 2+2 post reflects the opinion i voiced earlier in this thread
Great link. Much obliged.
"No, I said poker's an honest trade ... only sucker's buck the tiger's odds, they're all on the house."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users