10041 replies to this topic

#2281 Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:01 AM

View PostDon Giovanni, on Friday, October 13th, 2006, 12:55 PM, said:

indie rock i guess, kinda folkish at times.
ahhGettin some of their stuff now.. I could use somethin new to listen to.
-----------------------
The ISAP Squad

#2282 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,355 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:19 AM

Yeah.The new Decemberists album is sort of the Bee's Knees.

#2283 Shimmering Wang

Shimmering Wang

Daddy Wears the Daddy-Pants

• Members
  • 6,362 posts
  • Interests:I am very into ducks.

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:24 AM

View PostDr. Mario, on Friday, October 13th, 2006, 12:36 PM, said:

What kind of music are they? I'm downloadin some stuff and I need some new tunes.
Start with the poppy stuff, and move from there.Tracks like "Beanbag Chair," "Autumn Sweater," "Stockholm Syndrome," "Center of Gravity."Those are good pop songs. After that, you're getting into the more feedbacky/sonically innovative stuff.It's all fantastic though. Download the album "I can hear the heart beating as one."Wang

#2284 Don Giovanni

Don Giovanni

Custom member title

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:38 AM

no song gets me pumped up like Down Rodeo by Rage

#2285 lvpro

lvpro

GMZ

• Members
  • 10,887 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Pot Limit HOBO (Holdem, Omaha Hi, Badugi, Omaha/8)

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:40 AM

A piece of me will always be inside of youYou're so sweet, I'm gonna keep my eye on youCome with me, let me show ya what'd I'd like to doGirl, let me break you down like a shotgunA little Slug/Murs - Felt 2: A Tribute To Lisa Bonet

#2286 Shimmering Wang

Shimmering Wang

• Members
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:46 AM

View PostDon Giovanni, on Friday, October 13th, 2006, 1:38 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm with you on that one. I used to listen to that and Radiohead's "I Might Be Wrong" before playing sports or taking tests.Wang

#2287 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:54 AM

View Postuahphysics, on Friday, October 13th, 2006, 9:51 AM, said:

are you by any chance going to see them on the 27th(I noticed you're from chicago)? I'm going to visit a friend in chicago that weekend, and I think I'm gonna go.
haven't decided yet. i'd like to.

View PostDon Giovanni, on Friday, October 13th, 2006, 12:38 PM, said:

ratm. i remember when evil empire came out, i was like 16 i think...i lovvvvvved the first album so so much, and i really thought brendan o'brien kinda ruined e.e. GGGARTH's production on the first album is so clean and awesome. evil empire sounds durrty in comparison. like they just plugged in, set up a couple mics and pressed 'rec'. after a couple years though i really liked evil empire too. i think the energy is almost better because of how loose the production is. bulls on parade would be my choice for 'in case of emergency break glass' song.

#2288 Shimmering Wang

Shimmering Wang

• Members
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 11:01 AM

View Postmk, on Friday, October 13th, 2006, 2:54 PM, said:

haven't decided yet. i'd like to. ratm. i remember when evil empire came out, i was like 16 i think...i lovvvvvved the first album so so much, and i really thought brendan o'brien kinda ruined e.e. GGGARTH's production on the first album is so clean and awesome. evil empire sounds durrty in comparison. like they just plugged in, set up a couple mics and pressed 'rec'. after a couple years though i really liked evil empire too. i think the energy is almost better because of how loose the production is. bulls on parade would be my choice for 'in case of emergency break glass' song.
Man, I was in 8th grade, I think, when it came out. My mom was kinda vigilant about "inappropriate music" when I was a kid, since I had a younger brother 6 grades behind me, so I had to listen to The SelfImmolating Monk Album in my room, alone, with the headphones on.I bummed a ride from a friend of mine to the mall (you could drive in KS when you were 14 or 15, depending on the circumstances) and bought Evil Empire the day it came out. At first I had the EXACT same qualms as you, but I was a little too unrefined to really elucidate what it was that bothered me. After a few months, though, I actually liked Evil Empire better than RATM, precisely because I think the lo-fi production goes well with the desperate, frenzied, MADCAP tone of the band.I think I'm one of the very few big Rage fans that enjoys Evil Empire more.Wang

#2289 Don Giovanni

Don Giovanni

Custom member title

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:07 PM

View Postmk, on Friday, October 13th, 2006, 10:54 AM, said:

haven't decided yet. i'd like to. ratm. i remember when evil empire came out, i was like 16 i think...i lovvvvvved the first album so so much, and i really thought brendan o'brien kinda ruined e.e. GGGARTH's production on the first album is so clean and awesome. evil empire sounds durrty in comparison. like they just plugged in, set up a couple mics and pressed 'rec'. after a couple years though i really liked evil empire too. i think the energy is almost better because of how loose the production is. bulls on parade would be my choice for 'in case of emergency break glass' song.
i love the way evil empire sounds. i think its their best album and that sound really suits them. they are a band that should sound gritty and kinda third world.

#2290 golfanatic21

golfanatic21

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:05 PM

cover of andre 3000 hey yai heard it last night and it is pretty awesome
Ron_Mexico: Do you yell at the ATM after it gives you money?

Mud and/or Jello wrestling is most definitely +EV

#2291 uahphysics

uahphysics

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Math, Games in general

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:40 PM

Tilly and the Walk does a good cover of Hey Ya
QUOTE(DanielNegreanu @ Tuesday, April 3rd, 2007, 5:38 PM) View Post
Patrick Antonious on the other hand, my goodness! Dude is too pretty to be that good at poker! LOL.

#2292 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,355 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 15 October 2006 - 03:45 PM

Is anyone else really pissed about Tower Records closing. There was a great one near my house in Connecticut and it was the only place where I would by music. The prices were good and they had some great sales. Now that it's gone, whenever I go home, I won't be able to buy music. It's kind of going to ruin my life.I never got into this whole iTunes thingy. I mean, I love iTunes and use it all the time, but I would never buy music through it. I need something tangable to hold, or to play in my car when I'm driving, or to display in a giant case to show off to everyone how many CD's I own and how good they are and therefore how good of a person I am. Plus if my computer were to crash and I were to lose my music, I'd have to murder someone. And I don't want to go to jail./rant.

#2293 lvpro

lvpro

GMZ

• Members
  • 10,887 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Pot Limit HOBO (Holdem, Omaha Hi, Badugi, Omaha/8)

Posted 15 October 2006 - 03:53 PM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Sunday, October 15th, 2006, 4:45 PM, said:

Is anyone else really pissed about Tower Records closing. There was a great one near my house in Connecticut and it was the only place where I would by music. The prices were good and they had some great sales. Now that it's gone, whenever I go home, I won't be able to buy music. It's kind of going to ruin my life.I never got into this whole iTunes thingy. I mean, I love iTunes and use it all the time, but I would never buy music through it. I need something tangable to hold, or to play in my car when I'm driving, or to display in a giant case to show off to everyone how many CD's I own and how good they are and therefore how good of a person I am. Plus if my computer were to crash and I were to lose my music, I'd have to murder someone. And I don't want to go to jail./rant.
We're pretty blessed in Seattle to have a couple of great independent local chains, Easy Street Records and Sonic Boom Records, to shop at.

#2294 Shimmering Wang

Shimmering Wang

• Members
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 04:46 PM

I buy almost all of my music at Barnes and Noble.Except for the hip-hop, which they don't carry, because- according to the hippie behind the counter- "black people don't buy boods."Wang

#2295 uahphysics

uahphysics

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Math, Games in general

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:46 PM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Sunday, October 15th, 2006, 3:45 PM, said:

It's always sad when music store chain closes down, but there's not one anywhere close to here, so it's not a huge deal for me. And, ya, I buy all my music at A)Best Buy or B) little indie record stores around town.
QUOTE(DanielNegreanu @ Tuesday, April 3rd, 2007, 5:38 PM) View Post
Patrick Antonious on the other hand, my goodness! Dude is too pretty to be that good at poker! LOL.

#2296 gilbertology

gilbertology

o0o

• Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

John Smith, Blunderbus
Fully loaded satellites
will conquer nothing but our minds

#2297 bigkg

bigkg

Douchebag

• Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • Interests:IU basketball

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:00 PM

After a long week of exams, nothing sounds better than a Radiohead session.

#2298 Shimmering Wang

Shimmering Wang

• Members
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:18 PM

View Postbigkg, on Wednesday, October 18th, 2006, 11:00 PM, said:

After a long week of exams, nothing sounds better than a Radiohead session.
I decided, for my date on Saturday, to make a 1/2 Radiohead + 1/2 Junior Boys CD. This is a gamble, but I thank you- regardless- for giving me a heads-up on the recent Junior Boys CD. God help me,Wang

#2299 Dr. Mario

Dr. Mario

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:25 PM

View PostShimmering Wang, on Thursday, October 19th, 2006, 1:18 AM, said:

I decided, for my date on Saturday, to make a 1/2 Radiohead + 1/2 Junior Boys CD. This is a gamble, but I thank you- regardless- for giving me a heads-up on the recent Junior Boys CD. God help me,Wang
Not so much of a gamble. If you're half Radiohead you've got to be at least a 4:1 fav.
-----------------------
The ISAP Squad

#2300 Shimmering Wang

Shimmering Wang

• Members
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:50 PM

View PostDr. Mario, on Thursday, October 19th, 2006, 1:25 AM, said:

Not so much of a gamble. If you're half Radiohead you've got to be at least a 4:1 fav.
If the world were perfect, I'd be like 1:250 to get laid here. Sadly, I'm going to hope she recognizes {nice dream} from that time she got all stoned her junior year of highschool.I'm also thinking about tossing in a little Johnny Cash. I think girls might appreciate guys who appreciate Johnny Cash. I have no basis for this, apart from my very very short friend getting a respectable amount of *** he attributes directly to his Johnny Cash fanhood.Wang

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users