#41 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:24 PM

HoosierAlum said:

mrdannyg said:

people interested in investment opportunities would do far better to look at India, China and other international markets before looking at domestic opportunities other than index funds.agree/disagree?
agree, not even close.
any other countries you'd recommend?i'm a fourth year econ major, so good on the theoretical side, but not so good on the actual ummm doing stuff sidep.s. i need a job

#42 PAYforUSC

PAYforUSC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:54 AM

bump for the bulls regrouping since yesterdays open.

#43 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,680 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:59 AM

PAYforUSC said:

shit, I was gonna do this but I forgot

#44 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:25 AM

PAYforUSC said:

PADDLE!! PADDLE!!!

#45 PAYforUSC

PAYforUSC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:41 AM

mk said:

PAYforUSC said:

PADDLE!! PADDLE!!!
Posted Imagei think the choppiness over the last week was the usual shakedown of the weak holdings before options expire tomorrow. this momentum should stick and continue into next week.

#46 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:49 AM

Looks like a decent short term sale to me.Posted Image

#47 gobears

gobears

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:48 AM

The SOX is going parabolic as AMD cancels out INTC's bad news. Semicaps are running as LRCX reported a great quarter last night.BKX isn't looking too good - that chart looks like it could be rolling over...XAU is strong too - keep trying to get back some Gold stock exposure but waiting for a pullback. I also want to add some energy but I need to do some research there.Small Caps are crushing Big Caps..I'm actually 50% stocks/50% cash right now. What do you guys own?I have as small caps:AFOPEXASTPTHTUNERAEAPNS.OBmid/large caps:PIRDWADSSBBIWFSLATVILYGNZTPLCMmetals:SSRI
Work to live, don't live to work - Todd Harrison

#48 PAYforUSC

PAYforUSC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:34 PM

mk said:

Looks like a decent short term sale to me.Posted Image
i think there's gonna be a tight trading range between the top line resistance of your chart and the 1244 support level. i'm looking for a breakout above the resistance if we can stay above the 1244 level. i'm betting it's accumulation in this tight trading range before a breakout :shock: we'll soon find out if i'm a masochist :club:

#49 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:39 PM

The curve is inverted. Look what happens to stocks when that happens. A lot of smart people are predicting it doesn't mean what it used to, but I tend to side with history for things like this.

#50 PAYforUSC

PAYforUSC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:23 PM

mk said:

The curve is inverted. Look what happens to stocks when that happens. A lot of smart people are predicting it doesn't mean what it used to, but I tend to side with history for things like this.
we may be talking about different time frames....my outlook is 6 months and nasdaq 2,600-2,800 as long as we can hold the 1,244 mark. if we do i think we break out. is your short term bearishness over the next month or so? maybe a few bear put spread options?http://www.fullconta...4822&highlight=

#51 gobears

gobears

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:22 AM

From Barry Ritholtz at realmoney.comOkay, let's review the Bull's Sheet (say that 3 times fast):At 11,000, we were told to "Just Buy Something."Then Dupont and Alcoa missed - they were unable to pass along price increases - but not to worry, many people proclaimed it was specific to just those companiesThen Yahoo and Intel and Apple and eBay made bad noises. But again, don't y'all worry yer purty lil heads over it. Not only were these company specific problems, it was also due to reg FD - management cannot give excessively bullish guidance - at least, not they way they used to lie to us.Not to worry, the "Pain of Lowering Bar in Tech Will Pay Off"Now GE misses.Puh-leeze.How many companies have to miss earnings, revenues or lower guidance before any acknowledges this for what it is?Incidentally, I expect that the market has one last rally left in it. Some apologist will rationalize the end of this cyclical Bull market by declaring the Fed is now done, or perhaps a truce in the Middle East between Iran and Israel will be he excuse. Maybe Oil comes in.Regardless, you know my views - the cycle is over, the economy is slowing, the consumer is all but spent, Real Estate is last years news.It's still too early to cue the fat lady, but I can see her backstage, sipping on a nice cup of tea with lemon and honey. By the way MK, nice short term call so far!
Work to live, don't live to work - Todd Harrison

#52 PAYforUSC

PAYforUSC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:21 AM

gobears said:

By the way MK, nice short term call so far!
i'm PWNED if we can't hold the 1,244 mark. this captain is going down with the ship.

#53 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:50 AM

If the trendline dating back to Oct. 28 2005 (@ 1270) doesn't hold, look out below. Should head back down to 1200 if it fails.

#54 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:53 AM

even with stocks getting killed, i'm sitting here nursing my position which would benefit from a bond rally.

#55 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:59 AM

ps, gobears, i really like ritholtz.

#56 PAYforUSC

PAYforUSC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 11:00 AM

mk said:

even with stocks getting killed, i'm sitting here nursing my position which would benefit from a bond rally.
how long do you hold postions MK?

#57 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 11:59 AM

PAYforUSC said:

mk said:

depends. sometimes weeks. sometimes minutes.

#58 PAYforUSC

PAYforUSC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:25 PM

mk said:

PAYforUSC said:

mk said:

depends. sometimes weeks. sometimes minutes.
sweet

#59 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:12 PM

you guys just catch santelli? when he said "the fact that fixed income has been very quiet with a lot of movement from other areas has a lot of people nervous," he was talking about me.

#60 robert f

robert f

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,211 posts
  • Interests:anything fun

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:23 PM

mk said:

you guys just catch santelli? when he said "the fact that fixed income has been very quiet with a lot of movement from other areas has a lot of people nervous," he was talking about me.
Should I buy bonds??? I sold my alot of my stock last Thursday. It is sitting in a interest bearing account. What should I do????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users