official 2006 negreanu open tournament information

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
739 replies to this topic

#21 fryer98

fryer98

You missed....the EARTH!

• Members
  • 21,696 posts
  • Interests:playing/coaching ice hockey, BARS, this, that, WHAT?
  • Favorite Poker Game:Beeeeeeeeeerains!

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:20 PM

dna4ever said:

A) A one hour 1:1 phone coaching/consultation with Daniel Negreanu. You will have full access to Daniels brain for that hour and can even review hand histories with him if you like.B) A one hour 1:1 HU Online Poker Session against Daniel Negreanu where you will be able to play each other and chat real time, discuss hands, strategies, etc.
What if I want my 1:1 session to be with dna4ever?

#22 dreamcaster

dreamcaster

Making a personal request: Please let my hands hold up.

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:27 PM

Thanks DNA. I look forward to playing.
Nothing to read here. Move along.

#23 Smiddywap

Smiddywap

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:12 PM

dna4ever said:

In ADDITION to getting your choice of the above prizes you will also gain entry into a 10 person SnG Freeroll where Daniel will be filling in 10th spot!
I'm not complaining about the glorious bounty of prizes we're being given, but out of curiosity is there a cash money prize for this SnG or is the prize the chance to bust DN and proclaim myself 2006 Player of the Year?If I don't hear back from you I'll PM Dreamclown for help.
Smiddy's Journal - Lucky.

#24 dna4ever

dna4ever

The Parochial Chicken

• Members
  • 33,610 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:24 PM

Smiddywap said:

dna4ever said:

In ADDITION to getting your choice of the above prizes you will also gain entry into a 10 person SnG Freeroll where Daniel will be filling in 10th spot!
I'm not complaining about the glorious bounty of prizes we're being given, but out of curiosity is there a cash money prize for this SnG or is the prize the chance to bust DN and proclaim myself 2006 Player of the Year?If I don't hear back from you I'll PM Dreamclown for help.
I'm sure there will be something, at the minimum I can guarantee $50/$30/$20 in FCP Free Money for 1st, 2nd, 3rd. We'll cross that bridge when it comes, its 12+ months away, i have a feeling there will be some cool things come up as options between now and then.

#25 SpeedKills

SpeedKills

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Soccer

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:00 AM

there better be some good prizes, cause all those entry fees are going to the site, they should throw back a nice cash for the final table

#26 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:07 AM

Sweet, every tournament from the last season, all the way through this season was on Stars.Every single one of them.Now, the most important one, the one with all the winners and the biggest prize is being moved to a different site.Sweet.That's awesome.Makes a lot of sense.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally, it is the excitement of bad math.'

#27 jack24bauer24

jack24bauer24

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:09 AM

Spademan said:

Sweet, every tournament from the last season, all the way through this season was on Stars.Every single one of them.Now, the most important one, the one with all the winners and the biggest prize is being moved to a different site.Sweet.That's awesome.Makes a lot of sense.
Although I've done nothing to put together any of the tournaments and everyone has done a great job with everything regarding the Neg-O, I do agree with this, I think it would make more sense to have the TOC on stars and then move to FCP once this past year's NEG-O is finished with.But thats just me. This is no complaint, as I've done none of the work going towards the tourneys, but I do think it would be easier to finish it off on Stars.
Marc Savard finished tied for 8th in league scoring with 96 points.

#28 Spademan

Spademan

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:41 AM

jack24bauer24 said:

Although I've done nothing to put together any of the tournaments and everyone has done a great job with everything regarding the Neg-O, I do agree with this, I think it would make more sense to have the TOC on stars and then move to FCP once this past year's NEG-O is finished with.But thats just me. This is no complaint, as I've done none of the work going towards the tourneys, but I do think it would be easier to finish it off on Stars.
Yes, I should qualify my last post.Setting the whole thing up, giving prizes and all that is awesome.dna, DN and his team, and dabluberry for special mention...Regardless, this is the last and most important tourn of the entire series, and it's odd to change the site.
'"Luck" is people taking the laws of probability personally, it is the excitement of bad math.'

#29 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 29,417 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:19 AM

Spademan said:

jack24bauer24 said:

Yes, I should qualify my last post.Setting the whole thing up, giving prizes and all that is awesome.dna, DN and his team, and dabluberry for special mention...Regardless, this is the last and most important tourn of the entire series, and it's odd to change the site.
I mentioned this a while back. I have no vested interest, but it only seems right that the final tourney should be on stars.Then again, since when is life fair and right?He with all the gold, makes all the rules.Spade, you should stage a sit out.

#30 dna4ever

dna4ever

The Parochial Chicken

• Members
  • 33,610 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:37 AM

You all make valid arguments about why this should be on Stars and although I agree that would be a good option this is already set up and done on FCP. I'm sorry if some people dont like it, you certainly dont have to play.I am missing these 2 peoples FCP usernames to message the TOC password to - chrisrw109 and Blinkster (please contact me)

#31 24fanatics

24fanatics

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 698 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:02 AM

Who is Dadiell Niiigrienro?oh and,What's the Password?andShould I PM DNA?I am really confused.(This message was brought to you by the Coalition Conspiring to put DNA in a Mental Ward by the End of 2006)

#32 Randy Reed

Randy Reed

Words up!

• Members
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:10 AM

Well, though I tend to agree with you guys on which site to play, the fact is it's the Neg Open and he's putting up the prize so it only seems right, especially considering the cool now plan for the upcoming year.I would suggest trying to play some tourneys on the new site ahead of time. While playing in the freeroll last night I couldn't find things like the leaderboard that stars has or stats and the other things we're used to. Also the structure is a little different, with shorter times between rounds so we'll have to figure that stuff out as well. Oh well, just look at it as a challenge and a true champion will make his way through it.

#33 SQUIRRELBONE

SQUIRRELBONE

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Duh...poker

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:56 AM

Congrats on climbing the leaderboard to finish 2nd Randy. Since Spademan had it wrapped up so early, that is the spot we were all fighting for.

#34 Randy Reed

Randy Reed

Words up!

• Members
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 10:42 AM

:-) Thanks, finished 2nd that last night and it put me over the hump.

#35 renaedawn

renaedawn

Country Famous

• Members
  • 36,522 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 10:45 AM

Randy Reed said:

:-) Thanks, finished 2nd that last night and it put me over the hump.
But I'm BIGYANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Guests

Posted 30 December 2005 - 11:06 AM

The tournaments will continue to be held at 21:00 (9:00 EST) on Wednesday nights and the buy-in will remain $10+$1. What's the blind structure going to be like? I know a lot of people mentioned that last nights freeroll blind structure favored the donkeys rather then the real players.

#37 WKTSWAY

WKTSWAY

Big Ten Inch

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 12:38 PM

wtfadam said:

The tournaments will continue to be held at 21:00 (9:00 EST) on Wednesday nights and the buy-in will remain $10+$1. What's the blind structure going to be like? I know a lot of people mentioned that last nights freeroll blind structure favored the donkeys rather then the real players.
Yes, I would like to know this as well. I liked the slow structure when I played in one when the site opened A LOT. Whatever the structure is, I can work with... I just don't like it being an all in fest right after the first break.

• Guests

Posted 30 December 2005 - 12:54 PM

I just don't like it being an all in fest right after the first break.Yeah it feels more like a turbo then a regular tourney.

#39 Jeff

Jeff

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:22 PM

Has anyone lemented that the tournaments are during Lost? Just wondering if there are any other Lost fans.I guess I can run a long cord...

#40 WKTSWAY

WKTSWAY

Big Ten Inch

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:47 PM

Jeff said:

Has anyone lemented that the tournaments are during Lost? Just wondering if there are any other Lost fans.I guess I can run a long cord...
It's called my best friend - TiVo (I know, sad :club: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users