can i bet this river???

1/2 LHE on Full Contact Poker(by the way, does the hand converter work for FCP)?I am playing very tight, and have only shown down good hands. I haven't played a hand for a while, and decide to raise it up from MP w/ 4 :D 6 :).Obviously the table hasn't been paying attention to my tight play as 4 people call. (10sb)Well, the flop comes ALMOST as good as it could 5 :) 7 :club: 8 :D I had flopped the 2nd nut straight.EP Bets, and because of the 2 hearts I raise, rather than let the players behind me draw cheaply. It folds around to EP who calls. (12 sb)Turn: doesn't help any draws - K :) He bets I raise he calls. (10bb).River: 8 :D, so now if he were drawing to the flush he got there, also if he flopped to a set he had filled up.He checks, and I????????????? Can I bet this, or do I have to check behind???

Bet it all day.
Care to explain??? What hand does this guy have that the 8 :club: doesn't help him???

any king high hand, but specifically K9 and K6. There are many hands villain could be betting, a flush draw or trips is a real possibility. But the number of times he does have a better hand is much less compared to the A 8's and K7's that he plays and will call one bet on the river. Note that if you do get check raised, it could be by A 8 or s busted straight draw in which case you gain two bets where you wouldn't have gotten any.

Bet it all day.
Care to explain??? What hand does this guy have that the 8 :club: doesn't help him???
The river could have quite possibly helped him as in he could have just made trip 8s or something of that sort. As is there is no way he can have any idea how strong your hand is. He's checked it to you on the river, you're going to feel oftly dumb when you lose out on value from Kx and 8x. I'm assuming inthis case you were beat and got checkraised. But you're good more then enough to bet this river.
I'm assuming inthis case you were beat and got checkraised. But you're good more then enough to bet this river.
Nope, my hand was good. He had 99. At the time I didn't think there was any way I should have bet this river, but you and wingmaster make convincing arguments. Live and learn I guess.

I'm a little late; but I was saying bet too.He donk bets turn to make sure you dont get free card, imo.Your turn raise says: anything from semi Bluff FD to Straight.He has to check/call river now, I guess.Anyway, Str8's are way to strong to check behind HU to a 3 card flush board. Surely Villan leads out there...scary card, he has to get value for his flush. And a set? Played that slow on flop? I guess if passive scared on str8.

Bet it all day.
That eight always improves his hand. 7x now has to pair, most 8x hands have trips.Bet/call. Don't fear the worst.