• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 JRD007

JRD007

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:12 AM

3/6 is a good enough limit to play "real" poker? you've got to be kidding me.

#42 mkdyer

mkdyer

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:22 AM

Smasharoo said:

[b]I could train a blind retarded chimp to beat $100 NL in about an hour.
I'd like to take you up on that. You'll have to come to my place though. I got no braille maps.

#43 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:23 AM

Smasharoo said:

thats my point pretty much and if you don't have the best hand you can bluff and slow play. that is why i started this thread .50/1.00 is not poker it is drawing well and getting luckyYou must get crushed at $3/$6. Where do you play so I can get in on some of that action.
party poker --really get crushed come join

#44 RounderJeff

RounderJeff

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Sports(golf, football, fishing esp.), poker, reading

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:26 AM

There are a couple of morons active in this forum, sounds like one or two are writing with a copy of "Super System" nearby, sounds like some people have lost some serious cash lately. Get back in the game so that I can take your money.....NOW!! There are different limits and types of games for a reason....so everyone can play somewhere they are comfortable, can afford to play, can learn the game or enhance their ability, and have some fun and hopefully make some cash. But to waste time arguing about what is and what isn't true poker is non-sensical and borders on idiocy. Deal me in, Peace!!
Lose with class, win humbly (and is if you have done so before), and respect the game, as well as those who are playing. I Love my wife Lorrie and we have 3 beautiful kids together that I do not want to lose.

#45 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts
  • Interests:poker(duh), soccer, football, rugby, music, and film

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:30 AM

.5/$1.00 isn't poker huh? Truer words have never been spoken than by someonewho obviously can't bet a limit game over 30k hands. I'm goona say this, NO LIMIT IS BORING. I don't like playing no-limit cash games, for tournries yeah its good. I feel that a good bigbet cash game that takes a ton more skill is Pot Limit. No limit you can just push your stack in whenever you have the nuts, what skill does tis take. In limit hand reading is tremndously important and figuring out how to extract each last bet. You also have to be good to win at limit, No limit hides your mistakes because being able to double up. I guess that David Sklansky doesn't know what he's talking about and so all he plays is limit, so I guess he doesn't play poker

#46 phantomOFpoker

phantomOFpoker

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:33 AM

What do u mean with 100nl ? is it 100 in blinds? :D I would love to move up a notch but I cant seem to get that first shove, You see I do not have much money so i cant put in like 1000dollars at once if anyone know how im supposed to get up a bankroll or something so I dont have to play at .50 1 blinds pm me I would be very grateful and also how large should a bankroll be?

#47 2AceSuited

2AceSuited

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:30 AM

Way to give the guy all the attention he was crying out for.God bless the internet.
A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection.

-Chuck Palahniuk

#48 Vidgames

Vidgames

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:43 AM

Why hasn't anyone invited this guy to the Negreanu Open yet? Seems like the best way to separate the champs from the chumps and blind chimps... (g) A E

#49 The Sheriff JBJ

The Sheriff JBJ

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Football (Soccer for the Yanks)

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:53 AM

allinbluff35 said:

NL is the only real pokerwith that statement you are now officially classified as a tool
Saying that NL is the only real poker is possibly the most small minded statement I have ever ever ever seen posted on this forum. That is a very poor perception. It may be your favourite, but how can you make that sweeping statement.Try to play Omaha Hi Lo and see how well you do superstar.IMO a great poker player can play them all.
All the best

Matt Wright
'The Sheriff JBJ'

Visit: www.OrcaPoker.com

'We Eat Fish For Breakfast'

#50 allinbluff35

allinbluff35

Inevitably Running Bad

• Members
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:52 AM

The Sheriff JBJ said:

allinbluff35 said:

NL is the only real pokerwith that statement you are now officially classified as a tool
Saying that NL is the only real poker is possibly the most small minded statement I have ever ever ever seen posted on this forum. That is a very poor perception. It may be your favourite, but how can you make that sweeping statement.Try to play Omaha Hi Lo and see how well you do superstar.IMO a great poker player can play them all.
by the way I didn't write that NL is the only real poker sheriff, I was quoting the tool formerly known as toogood.
Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything.

#51 sprfcta

sprfcta

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:horseracing and poker

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:59 AM

Our friend Daniel has written that limit requires more skill than limit.Sure you don't want to reconsider your position?

#52 allinbluff35

allinbluff35

Inevitably Running Bad

• Members
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:01 PM

sprfcta said:

Our friend Daniel has written that limit requires more skill than limit.Sure you don't want to reconsider your position?
well conisdering that both of those are the same thing it is hard to choose.
Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything.

#53 ahosang

ahosang

Trolling FCP like everyone else...

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • Interests:Trolling
  • Favorite Poker Game:Trolling

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:31 PM

lol...a lot of low-limit players on this forum. Personally I find both limit and NL hold'em nauseating...lol.toogood, I see what you're saying about drawing play at low-limit, but surely people who are systematically winning there have adjusted their play to deal with the circumstances. That's a testament to their abilities, no?Out of interest, what is your BigBlind/100 at the moment in NL$100?

#54 akishore

akishore

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,228 posts
  • Interests:Poker, jazz, programming, taekwondo, rock climbing, movies, etc.

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:45 PM

smash, wrto, allinbluff, and others:just ignore him. maybe he'll go away.aseem

#55 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts
  • Interests:poker(duh), soccer, football, rugby, music, and film

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:52 PM

I'm pretty sure that most of us would play higher limits if we had the roll. But really is it not about playing winning poker. Iknow that for me that I'mnot gonna move up until I have a satisfactory win rate after 30k hands

#56 Smasharoo

Smasharoo

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:34 PM

party poker --really get crushed come joinHaha.You play $3/$6 at party?What's your screename. I'll post some of your hands and you can explaion the thinking behind them.
I've never played poker.

#57 DiverDown4

DiverDown4

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 06:45 PM

Its funny that he mentioned bluffing as a big part of the game in every post. Bluffing works in only certain situations, stop watching the WPT and learn how to play the game.

#58 wrto4556

wrto4556

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 06:49 PM

Smasharoo said:

party poker --really get crushed come joinHaha.You play $3/$6 at party?What's your screename.  I'll post some of your hands and you can explaion the thinking behind them.
He's not gonna tell you! After the whole forum chiming in on his massive stupidity, i'de be suprised if he ever makes another post. It's a shame. He obviously has alot to learn.
back for kramit

#59 MilesZS

MilesZS

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 06:58 PM

I think my favorite part about this whole thread is the run-on sentences with grammar nearly indistinguishable from that of A+ 1st grade papers. That and the fact that the reason I don't play limit games is because I KNOW it is REAL poker, in that I do not know enough yet to beat it consistently. I KNOW I can beat NL, because those games are soooo soft.

#60 sprfcta

sprfcta

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:horseracing and poker

Posted 06 February 2005 - 07:41 PM

allinbluff35 said:

sprfcta said:

well conisdering that both of those are the same thing it is hard to choose.
Guess I left out a "no" there somwhere. s/b limit requires more skill that no limit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users