Jump to content


playing .50/1.00 is not poker


  • Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#21 allinbluff35

allinbluff35

    Inevitably Running Bad

  • Members
  • 9,505 posts
  • Location:The Land Of Busto.

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:04 AM

NL is the only real pokerwith that statement you are now officially classified as a tool
Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything.


Sign Up For RakeBack Here.

#22 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:04 AM

wrto4556 said:

Getting lucky?I have A :) K :)  Flop A :club: 7 :D 3 :)  I win against two hearts 4 out of 5 times...how is that getting lucky? You, sir, are an idiot.I'm done with this thread...
wait against one player fool how about the guy with a low pair who calls and the guy with gut shot stragiht and the guy with the ace and a smalelr kicker ---you my freind are the fool ---you are a slight favorite against 5 players no more

#23 Ed

Ed

    Poker Forum Regular

  • Members
  • 168 posts
  • Location:Baltimore
  • Interests:Poker, Soccer, Hockey

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:06 AM

R u serious this is supposed to be a good forum----NL is the only real poker.Or high limit poker .50 -1.00 is a bnout hitting your draws. Agreed a lot of bad players on NL that will call big money to hith their draws . Make them pay to seee it not .50. The only point i agree with is the real life point. IN the real world it's alot different then computer. But even top pros will tell you the .50-1.00 holdem is not poker. It's for giggles.The forum's quality significantly diminished the minute you clicked "Post New Thread."Of course the top pros would tell you .50/1 is for giggles. They'd tell you that about 100 NL, too.

#24 Smasharoo

Smasharoo

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 8,879 posts
  • Location:Boston

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:08 AM

R u serious this is supposed to be a good forum----NL is the only real poker.Or high limit poker .50 -1.00 is a bnout hitting your draws. Agreed a lot of bad players on NL that will call big money to hith their draws . Make them pay to seee it not .50. The only point i agree with is the real life point. IN the real world it's alot different then computer. But even top pros will tell you the .50-1.00 holdem is not poker. It's for giggles.Meet a lot of top pros playing $100 buy in NL do you?$100 NL is about exploiting massive edges against weak players. .50/$1 is about making the correct plays consistently. Beating .50/$1 for a high win rate is about consistently exploiting every edge to it's maximum.I could train a blind retarded chimp to beat $100 NL in about an hour.It's a joke. It's not poker, it's more like farming. Small buy in NL is pretty much essentially skilless. Beating .50/$1 for the maximum takes a fairly deep understanding of the game.You're not going to be very good at Holdem untill you can understand why that is.
I've never played poker.

#25 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:11 AM

allinbluff35 said:

Agreed smasharoo thats my point but its poker you can bluff and raise reaise pre flop and play position its poker not a jokeevery thing you have tried to say is a joke, if you can't understand the simplicity of micro limit poker you will NEVER make money at poker and that is a fact. micro limit poker is all about odds and percentages and using your odds that DO EVEN OUT in the end and if they don't become an "Online Poker is Rigged" conspiracy theorist like everyone else that can't beat those games.
HAHAHAHHAHA fool here si an example for all you people5 man hand player 1 AsKdPlayer 2 4s5s player 3 Ad9cplayer4 3h7hplayer5 6s10sFLOP Ah 6H 3CWho is the favorite in this hand? Morons!!

#26 TheMathProf

TheMathProf

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 571 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle
  • Favorite Poker Game:SNGs, MTTs, low-limit cash

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:12 AM

I'm a complete rank amateur. You can probably find a thread of mine even asking whether or not I should play for cash yet less than a month ago. I did well with the Play Money chips, so I decided to take the plunge, starting with $50.I've experimented quite a bit with some various strategies, including the one where Smasharoo recommended that I cover up my whole cards and just play position. (I only lost $0.75 that session, with a couple minor modifications to the rule.)I've only been playing the microlimits NL, at $0.01/0.02 at PokerStars, and my bankroll has ballooned to $106, playing a strategy that is only slightly more complex than the one outlined here (I don't go all-in with the set... 8) ). My bankroll would have been higher, but I played in some of those $5 + $0.50 SnG's, and I didn't have a good tournament strategy, and lost my buy-in.My point is, if someone like me, who really doesn't know much about the game and doesn't take it that seriously can double their bankroll in less than a month, then I can't imagine that there's a ton of skill involved, just an avoidance of idiocy.Oh, and BTW, I tried limit poker once. I won't share that experience with you.

#27 TakeYourClay

TakeYourClay

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Location:Indiana

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:13 AM

wrto4556 said:

I turned $250 into $570 in less than a month at the $.50/$1 tables at partypoker. If you can't beat bad players, you can't beat anyone.
Nuff said.

#28 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:16 AM

TheMathProf said:

I'm a complete rank amateur.  You can probably find a thread of mine even asking whether or not I should play for cash yet less than a month ago.  I did well with the Play Money chips, so I decided to take the plunge, starting with $50.I've experimented quite a bit with some various strategies, including the one where Smasharoo recommended that I cover up my whole cards and just play position.  (I only lost $0.75 that session, with a couple minor modifications to the rule.)I've only been playing the microlimits NL, at $0.01/0.02 at PokerStars, and my bankroll has ballooned to $106, playing a strategy that is only slightly more complex than the one outlined here (I don't go all-in with the set...  8)  ).  My bankroll would have been higher, but I played in some of those $5 + $0.50 SnG's, and I didn't have a good tournament strategy, and lost my buy-in.My point is, if someone like me, who really doesn't know much about the game and doesn't take it that seriously can double their bankroll in less than a month, then I can't imagine that there's a ton of skill involved, just an avoidance of idiocy.Oh, and BTW, I tried limit poker once.  I won't share that experience with you.
Thank you professor as i said Nl is poker lots of options not that way with limit

#29 wrto4556

wrto4556

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:17 AM

toogood said:

you my freind are the fool ---you are a slight favorite against 5 players no more
OK, wait...one more post. A favorite? Does that mean I will win more than I lose? hmmmmmm. wait I'm still thinking. :? This is a tough one... :roll: Also, just because i'm not a favorite doesn't mean it's not +EV. What about pot size and pot equity....jesus christ i'm going to kill myself.PS. Learn some poker theory...no wait. Don't. I want you at my table.
back for kramit

#30 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:19 AM

wrto4556 said:

toogood said:

you my freind are the fool ---you are a slight favorite against 5 players no more
OK, wait...one more post. A favorite? Does that mean I will win more than I lose? hmmmmmm. wait I'm still thinking. :? This is a tough one... :roll: Also, just because i'm not a favorite doesn't mean it's not +EV. What about pot size and pot equity....jesus christ i'm going to kill myself.PS. Learn some poker theory...no wait. Don't. I want you at my table.
anyday partner you want to play as is aid who is the favorite in that hand. YOu still didn't answer. POker theory in .50/1.00 hahahaha

#31 Smasharoo

Smasharoo

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 8,879 posts
  • Location:Boston

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:24 AM

Now, I'm not saying this you, but most people who start a thread like this one are horrible Holdem players who can't beat the limit game at all because they don't play well enough. They can, however, beat the amazingly bad NL games. They then decide that, hey, they're good Holdem players, they can beat NL which is, after all "The Cadilac of Poker!" Puzzled by their inability to beat low limit structured limit games, they conclude that the only possible explination must be that the game takes no skill. I mean, they have skill and they can't beat it, right? Can't be them, must be the game. They then put on their sungless, hooded sweatshits, and baseball can and log into $100 NL shouting "That's no limit baybee!" everytime they drag a pot in their best imitation Scotty Ngueyn voice.
I've never played poker.

#32 TheMathProf

TheMathProf

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 571 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle
  • Favorite Poker Game:SNGs, MTTs, low-limit cash

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:25 AM

Let me rephrase... I've experimented with some different strategies, and won despite them (I lost $12 basically holding down the Raise button. 8) ).That being said, I don't think there's a lot of particular SKILL to microlimit poker. Limit poker, on the other hand, kicked my ass.

toogood said:

TheMathProf said:

I'm a complete rank amateur.  You can probably find a thread of mine even asking whether or not I should play for cash yet less than a month ago.  I did well with the Play Money chips, so I decided to take the plunge, starting with $50.I've experimented quite a bit with some various strategies, including the one where Smasharoo recommended that I cover up my whole cards and just play position.  (I only lost $0.75 that session, with a couple minor modifications to the rule.)I've only been playing the microlimits NL, at $0.01/0.02 at PokerStars, and my bankroll has ballooned to $106, playing a strategy that is only slightly more complex than the one outlined here (I don't go all-in with the set...  8)  ).  My bankroll would have been higher, but I played in some of those $5 + $0.50 SnG's, and I didn't have a good tournament strategy, and lost my buy-in.My point is, if someone like me, who really doesn't know much about the game and doesn't take it that seriously can double their bankroll in less than a month, then I can't imagine that there's a ton of skill involved, just an avoidance of idiocy.Oh, and BTW, I tried limit poker once.  I won't share that experience with you.
Thank you professor as i said Nl is poker lots of options not that way with limit


#33 Smasharoo

Smasharoo

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 8,879 posts
  • Location:Boston

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:29 AM

HAHAHAHHAHA fool here si an example for all you people5 man handplayer 1 AsKdPlayer 2 4s5splayer 3 Ad9cplayer4 3h7hplayer5 6s10sFLOP Ah 6H 3CWho is the favorite in this hand? Morons!!The paired flush draw, obviously.My turn. What are the odds of flopping a paired flush draw when playing any two suited cards?
I've never played poker.

#34 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:30 AM

Smasharoo said:

Now, I'm not saying this you, but most people who start a thread like this one are horrible Holdem players who can't beat the limit game at all because they don't play well enough.  They can, however, beat the amazingly bad NL games.  They then decide that, hey, they're good Holdem players, they can beat NL which is, after all "The Cadilac of Poker!"  Puzzled by their inability to beat low limit structured limit games, they conclude that the only possible explination must be that the game takes no skill.  I mean, they have skill and they can't beat it, right?  Can't be them, must be the game.  They then put on their sungless, hooded censored, and baseball can and log into $100 NL shouting "That's no limit baybee!"  everytime they drag a pot in their best imitation Scotty Ngueyn voice.
first off i play liomit poker also 3/6that is a good enogh size to trap bluff raise and basically play real poker. /50/1.000 eliminates all that part of the game there is no semi bliuff its having the hand or folding thats it

#35 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:31 AM

Smasharoo said:

HAHAHAHHAHA fool here si an example for all you people5 man handplayer 1 AsKdPlayer 2 4s5splayer 3 Ad9cplayer4 3h7hplayer5 6s10sFLOP Ah 6H 3CWho is the favorite in this hand? Morons!!The paired flush draw, obviously.My turn.  What are the odds of flopping a paired flush draw when playing any two suited cards?
and who is second choicer to win the pot guess what not AK

#36 Smasharoo

Smasharoo

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 8,879 posts
  • Location:Boston

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:33 AM

and who is second choicer to win the pot guess what not AKYou haven't answered my question yet. What are the odds of flopping a flush draw and a pair when you play two random suited cards?Or was that not in the example you cut and pasted here?
I've never played poker.

#37 Hextall27

Hextall27

    Poker Forum Regular

  • Members
  • 152 posts
  • Location:Central Pa.
  • Interests:Hockey, Sports in general, Books, Music

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:34 AM

I always love it when people claim to be good poker players, but complain about $0.50/$1.00 tables. Sit a long time, play only premium starting hands, go in when you have the best hand, get lots of action everytime you move in, take the other player's money. Sure it's time-consuming and boring, but it's easy.

#38 Smasharoo

Smasharoo

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 8,879 posts
  • Location:Boston

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:34 AM

first off i play liomit poker also 3/6that is a good enogh size to trap bluff raise and basically play real pokerWhere you play $3/$6?
I've never played poker.

#39 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:37 AM

Hextall27 said:

I always love it when people claim to be good poker players, but complain about $0.50/$1.00 tables.  Sit a long time, play only premium starting hands, go in when you have the best hand, get lots of action everytime you move in, take the other player's money.  Sure it's time-consuming and boring, but it's easy.
thats my point pretty much and if you don't have the best hand you can bluff and slow play. that is why i started this thread .50/1.00 is not poker it is drawing well and getting lucky

#40 Smasharoo

Smasharoo

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 8,879 posts
  • Location:Boston

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:40 AM

thats my point pretty much and if you don't have the best hand you can bluff and slow play. that is why i started this thread .50/1.00 is not poker it is drawing well and getting luckyYou must get crushed at $3/$6. Where do you play so I can get in on some of that action.
I've never played poker.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users