• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 frankstv

frankstv

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:41 AM

MY BRAIN HURTS!!!But Boy do I love Omaha!
Rising above the city, blocking out the noonday sun!

#22 Pug_Fugly

Pug_Fugly

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:58 AM

Great guide Aseem.I would only add that flushes lower than Ace (or maybe King) high are dangerous hands to play. Don't get caught calling to the river with this hand, especially if you are only hoping for half the pot.Also 1 minor nitpick:

for low hands, having a 6 in your hand greatly improves your chance at three-quartering on a low flop. example: you have A236, and the board comes 45x. you have the insured nut low draw, but what's better is that if an A, 2, or 3 lands, you have a 6-high straight as opposed to a 5-high straight other nut lows will have! so if there aren't too many people in the pot, you can often scoop the pot or three-quarter it with your 6-high straight that beats the wheel!
If an A hits you still have only a 5 high straight.

#23 bascomeb

bascomeb

The Short Stack

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:36 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to OP. I'm really hooked onto this game and love it
SW

#24 BudBundy

BudBundy

The Sacred Geometry of Chance

• Members
  • 3,754 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:52 AM

Thanks a lot for your time and effort. These guides are helping a newbie a lot.I have a couple of questions tho mostly about starting hands.Is it ok to go for the High only preflop?Are we always limping in with A2xx in an unraised pot?(xx being not suited not connecting cards)What's the place of bluffing in hi/lo?Cheers!

#25 BudBundy

BudBundy

The Sacred Geometry of Chance

• Members
  • 3,754 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:04 PM

View PostBudBundy, on Tuesday, January 16th, 2007, 11:52 PM, said:

Is it ok to go for the High only preflop?
Just played this hand 5 mins ago. I think its a good example for this question. (I know maybe i should have led flop, bet more on turn and bet less on river but i was distracted by something while playing so disregard postflop)CryptologicPot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring gameBlinds: $0.15/$0.258 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $33.08UTG+1: $29.03MP1: $7.27MP2: $11.35CO: $3.30Button: $20.40SB: $28.60BB: $26.42Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG with Q :D K :) Q :club: K :) Hero raises to $0.9, UTG+1 raises to $3.1, 6 folds, Hero calls.Flop: J :icon_dance: Q :) 9 :D ($6.6, 2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 checks. Turn: J :D ($6.6, 2 players)Hero bets $2.75, UTG+1 calls.River: 2 :D ($12.1, 2 players)Hero bets $10, UTG+1 folds.Uncalled bets: $10 returned to Hero. Results:Final pot: $12.1

#26 antistuff

antistuff

monotonously monotonous

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:16 AM

View PostBudBundy, on Tuesday, January 16th, 2007, 11:52 AM, said:

Thanks a lot for your time and effort. These guides are helping a newbie a lot.I have a couple of questions tho mostly about starting hands.Is it ok to go for the High only preflop?Are we always limping in with A2xx in an unraised pot?(xx being not suited not connecting cards)What's the place of bluffing in hi/lo?Cheers!
yes. consider their stack sizes and if they will pay you off. you need implied odds if there is any kind of action preflop. usually. also fold a hand like a279 after a few limpers and a raise and nobody will think less of you. dont play hands like that oop for a raise. (im a little on the tight side like 22vpip some winners do play hands like that in those situations but i dont think its a good idea)in small pots constantly. everybody has checked to you on the flop bet a lot. opponent checks turn in position, consider what they might have and bet a lot of rivers. i try to avoid bluffing in huge pots, but it does have its place too. take lows into consideration. its harder to bluff at a pot when there is a low possible, because now they can find two reasons to call.
QUOTE ( Barry Greenstein)
Successful gamblers are compulsive winners.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users