25 replies to this topic

#21 JaysonWeber

JaysonWeber

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,665 posts
  • Interests:Poker, who woulda thought.

Posted 07 December 2004 - 05:46 AM

This post is regarding foodbankers replies, answering back to a few things others said.Dated: Saturday, December 4th, 2004 6:32Allright, this one really shocked me! It seems you've changed your mind on something in this one.Foodbanker Wrote:-- One more thing on "trapping"......(unimportant)... ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING!!!... if you got that strong of hand.. why you locking out the field and only getting 1 persons money? With my strategy we don't get one person's money but the whole tables money. Why get one person's money when you can get 4 or 5 people's.Hmmm... In your earlier post, you wrote: -- "When I'm in a hand.. I'm not concerned about the size of the pot. I want to win that pot!!!. And the less people in.. the better. I'm not a bit concerned about pot sized I win. How big the pot size I win are factors out of my control. My main goal is to win that Pot."Wait... both of those statements are from you... Huh? So now you DO want more people in the pot to win more money? Now I'm utterly confused... please tell me what you were thinking with both of those because you seem to be contradicting yourself... no you don't seem to. thats a contradiction out and out...
"Here are my rules: what can be done with one substance must never be done with another. No two materials are alike. No two sites on earth are alike. No two buildings have the same purpose. The purpose, the site, the material determine the shape. Nothing can be reasonable or beautiful unless its made by one central idea, and the idea sets every detail. A building is alive, like a man." - The Fountainhead.

#22 jogsxyz

jogsxyz

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:12 AM

I happen to prefer the loose/aggressive on my left myself.I stated the reasons on a previous post.

I like the loose/aggressive player to my left.  Most players tend to defer to him.  Then forthe final 3 rounds I get to act last.Example:  You have a draw to a open endstraight.  When he bets, you know whatkind of pot odds you're getting to draw.If he were to your right, you would have toact before you know what the other tightplayers are doing.
Another reason is you never get a walk when the loose/aggressiveplayer is on your right.But Foodbanker is not really attempting to have a discussion.He just wants to lecture us. I was annoyed and refused toread his post in red. It hurts my eyes.One poster said he would hate to have Gus Hansen on his left.Probably saw what Layne Flack was doing to Freddy Deeb inpoker at the Plaza. You don't have to worry about raises. Juststop playing those ruff hands. Raise him back if you get raised.

#23 foodbanker

foodbanker

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 06:09 PM

Ok..forget it..no more posting replies to debate this subject. I'm a moron and a the few people who are too closed minded to have at least a good discussion on this are great poker players.All I'm saying is that the game is evolving. Everyone knows what are good hands and what supposedly are the edge to the game. All i'm saying is. I know what other people know and what they are doing and I trying to take advantage of that knowledge. I know most other players want to be on the right of loose aggressive players, so I purposely do the opposite. And then I try to exploit their mistake of calling the loose aggressive player with semi-solid hands.Anyways..I feel i'm not getting anywhere with this. IT is truly like trying to tell the world..Earth is round in the 1300's.

#24 foodbanker

foodbanker

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 06:23 PM

The contradiction you are referring to is pre-flop and post-flop.My desire to drive people out is always the number one goal. LEss draws the better. I do what I can pre-flop. I raise..Should the loose people behind me call and then so be it. The trapping post-flop is down with caution. I want to trap the whole table is my hand is a very strong one. Of course with only top pair that is not a trapping hand. So check raising to trap the whole table is out the question. Betting the flop and letting the aggressive man behind me help drive out the table may be the solution.Every hand has a different answer to what to do post flop. With a loose aggressive player on the left..check raising is so huge and used very often. In most ring games these days, especially 10-30 or higher, its never checked around on the flop. You can almost always gaurantee someone will bet the flop. So if you find yourself in early position with top pair, and a loose cannon behind you. I find there are two ways to go about it. Either bet and hope the the loose cannon raises to help you out. Or I prefer to check and see how things develope. I'm checking..hoping someone in late position will bet and So I can check raise to drive out the people behind me. I'm always looking to find ways to thing out the field. That is always my goal in limit ring games. UNLESS..i have a such a strong flop with my hand that i want to trap the whole table. Yes it sounds like contradictions but different situations may have the same play but different intentions in mind....Sorry if I sound like i'm lecturing..I"m not. I just feel like I have a ligitimate theory on this thing. I may be wrong. And I can accept that. Just top the pro's and con's and I hope someone will show me there are more con's then Pro's on my theory. Please keep in mind i'm talking ring games and not NL. I accept fully in NL that the loose aggressive is on the right.

#25 jogsxyz

jogsxyz

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:16 PM

foodbanker said:

Ok..forget it..no more posting replies to debate this subject. I'm a moron and a the few people who are too closed minded to have at least a good discussion on this are great poker players.
I love it. If you don't savor foodbanker's words of wisdom, you have a closed mind. Should we be on our knees when we read your posts?

#26 jogsxyz

jogsxyz

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 10:00 AM

ARROGANT and POMPOUSFirst, I'm the poster who agrees with you.You never made your conditions clear.Conditions:[list]limit hold'em where four to seven playersare seeing every flop[list]You later also said 20/40. 2/4, 20/40,200/400, or 2K/4K doesn't matter as muchas having many players seeing the flop.Also limit NOT no-limit.Since the loose/aggressive player willprobably bet many of the flops, being rightbehind makes you first-to-act. This isanother reason for not being immediatelyto his left. You want to see the otherplayers react before you act.The other posters may have been thinkingno-limit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users