nl hand tricky rockets

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50BB (6 handed) converterUTG is pretty solid, tight aggressive.UTG ($73.80)MP ($18.85)CO ($60.15)Button ($28.60)SB ($49.20)BB ($13.60)Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade:, A:club:. UTG raises to $2.5, 1 fold, Hero raises to $7.5, 3 folds, UTG calls to $5Flop: ($16) J:club:, 3:spade:, 4:heart: (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $20, UTG raises to $40, Hero ????

I don't think I'm laying down Aces just cauz I'm concerned about J-J. I think K-K or Q-Q is equally likely to play it this way. Possibly even A-J suited.

I don't think I'm laying down Aces just cauz I'm concerned about J-J. I think K-K or Q-Q is equally likely to play it this way. Possibly even A-J suited.
I didn't same thinkingI pushed just wanted to c if anyone could lay em down here

It's possible he has something marginal like TT or 99 and sees your bet as too big, and smells (wrongly) a bluff.I think this bet is too big here - what draws are you trying to prevent?Bet about $10 and try to get a call...also, his raise may be more like $20 and not $40 in that scenario, making your decision easier.Regardless, I probably call, if not push.

It's possible he has something marginal like TT or 99 and sees your bet as too big, and smells (wrongly) a bluff.
very possible the player is solid
I think this bet is too big here - what draws are you trying to prevent?
none really this was a question I had about the hand but didn't ask in original post wanted someone to bring it upSo for others did I overbet the flop????
So for others did I overbet the flop????
Yes. It helps me to recall things in words sometimes, especially for NL.UTG raised 5x the BBYou raised him 10x the bb for 15x straight. UTG called. total pot is $15You bet $20. 10BB more than the pot. Would this tight-agg min-raise to a pot overbet? Previously I did not read your read on him. I don't think he makes this min re-raise with queens and a feeler bet on the flop is probably more likely with queens. JJ is a distinct possibility, and your bet on the flop was so much that it should tell you he isn't min-raising an overbet with less than AA, or JJ. As previously stated, I think a minraise with KK is very unlikely given that he initially checked the flop action.To summarize:Too much of a bet on the flop.Probably not a very good push considering your read on UTG.

one problem i spot is that your preflop reraise is far too small. i raise to at LEAST $10 and sometimes between $12.50 - $15.you want to overbet the pot when you reraise aces to really drive down your opponents' implied odds on you.i don't think this is close. i think this was a very big error on your part in the long run.aseem

So for others did I overbet the flop????
Yes. It helps me to recall things in words sometimes, especially for NL.UTG raised 5x the BBYou raised him 10x the bb for 15x straight. UTG called. total pot is $15You bet $20. 10BB more than the pot. Would this tight-agg min-raise to a pot overbet? Previously I did not read your read on him. I don't think he makes this min re-raise with queens and a feeler bet on the flop is probably more likely with queens. JJ is a distinct possibility, and your bet on the flop was so much that it should tell you he isn't min-raising an overbet with less than AA, or JJ. As previously stated, I think a minraise with KK is very unlikely given that he initially checked the flop action.To summarize:Too much of a bet on the flop.Probably not a very good push considering your read on UTG.
Thanks (also appreciate the summary)The min raise really threw me for a loop. Honestly it did. I couldn't stop thinking he had jacks. I really couldn't. I seriously used my whole timebank before the call. I will post results later because they are pretty interesting.
one problem i spot is that your preflop reraise is far too small. i raise to at LEAST $10 and sometimes between $12.50 - $15.you want to overbet the pot when you reraise aces to really drive down your opponents' implied odds on you.i don't think this is close. i think this was a very big error on your part in the long run.aseem
Aseem,I c your point w/ preflop raise but I didn't want to kill the action. But as you said I wanted to drive down the opponent's implied odds but didn't do.I thought I butchered this hand which is why i posted it.thankskrup
preflop, play it the same, I push the flop, villain isn't minimum raising here with JJ, he'd wait for the turn and it's highly doubtful that he has 33 or 44 so I push, meh.
So you dont think I underbet preflop?I also could also never suspect 33 or 44 and as you said y would he min raise jacks when the turn is a much better opportunity. I'm pushing the turn obviously if he smooth calls.
preflop, play it the same, I push the flop, villain isn't minimum raising here with JJ, he'd wait for the turn and it's highly doubtful that he has 33 or 44 so I push, meh.
So you dont think I underbet preflop?I also could also never suspect 33 or 44 and as you said y would he min raise jacks when the turn is a much better opportunity. I'm pushing the turn obviously if he smooth calls.
nope preflop I play it the same, if there's a raise in front of me with no callers I usually reraise 3 times the amount they did.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50BB (6 handed) converterUTG is pretty solid, tight aggressive.UTG ($73.80)MP ($18.85)CO ($60.15)Button ($28.60)SB ($49.20)BB ($13.60)Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade:, A:club:. UTG raises to $2.5, 1 fold, Hero raises to $7.5, 3 folds, UTG calls to $5Flop: ($16) J:club:, 3:spade:, 4:heart: (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $20, UTG raises to $40, Hero raises to $52.65 (all in), UTG calls 12.05Turn: ($120) A:heart: (2 players)River: ($120) 8:diamond: (2 players)Showdown UTG shows J:spade: J:heart: (3 of a kind Jacks)Hero shows A:spade: A:club: (3 of a kind Aces)