• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bdams19

bdams19

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:44 AM

It was just my birthday (as many of you probably forgot about) and I don't ask for much from my parents but I thought I could use a new pair of sunglasses. Before anyone asks, no, these are NOT for poker, lol. I'm looking for a nice pair of sport sunglasses that would be fit for volleyball and activities like that, as well as casual wear. I have no idea what to get so if anyone has a pair that they love feel free to reccommend them.

#2 bdc30

bdc30

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,407 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:48 AM

I've worn nothing but Ray Ban Flight's for a few years nowI've bought 3 pairs of them now...1. Stolen In Bahamas2. Lost on a golf course3. (still working on this pair)At $275 a pair, that's gotta tell you something about em

#3 zimmer4141

zimmer4141

GO BLUE

• Members
  • 15,007 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Golf

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:55 AM

Gotta get the white rimmed Oakleys. They are the coolest looking sunglasses, and they fit tight to your face, so they won't slip. I've worn them playing golf and tennis for a year.
Hail To the Victors Valiant
Hail To the Conquering Heroes
Hail Hail To Michigan
The Leaders and Best

#4 Jeepster80125

Jeepster80125

Forum Conspiracy Theory Buster; Dreamcrusher

• Members
  • 6,785 posts
  • Interests:poker

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:59 AM

I think Phil Hellmuth has some killer shades. They're free when you buy his book. sw

#5 ckbandit

ckbandit

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:00 AM

I prefer the "Tom Cruise in Top Gun" glasses when I'm playing 3-6.swI like Ralph Lauren's polo sport glasses (forgot model #). I've bought 2 pair (lost 1) and wear them doing everything from boating to snowboarding (forgot goggles once).

#6 Governator

Governator

FCP Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:02 AM

Posted Image

#7 Dr_Shakes

Dr_Shakes

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Basketball, Sports betting

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:10 AM

Zimmer4141 said:

Gotta get the white rimmed Oakleys. They are the coolest looking sunglasses, and they fit tight to your face, so they won't slip. I've worn them playing golf and tennis for a year.
Ive got Oakley Square Wire 2.0 with spring hinge. They are comfortable, never slip and look great playing sports or dressed up. They are by far the best sunglasses I have ever owned. Check them out you will be glad you did. 8)

#8 Geezy

Geezy

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:13 AM

go to your local convience store and pic up a cheap pair of UV protection sunglasses and spend the rest of the money on a turkey cheese sub from SUBWAY!!!

#9 HurricaneKyle

HurricaneKyle

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Sports(Titans, Vols, Phillies),Hot girls, Relaxing and guitar.

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:16 AM

check out soniceyewear.com . They were having a promotion with ESPN magazine, free sunglasses except you have to pay shipping and handling. Check it out, I ordered two sunglasses and am very satisfied.
"The lambs rarely slaughter the butcher."-Amarillo Slim

"Sometimes I play good, other I times I just run lucky."-Sam Farha

#10 Socrates

Socrates

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:24 AM

If you're playing volleyball. Spy Meteors hands down. They haven't fallen off or slipped during play in the last 2 years. Light and comfortable and polarized.Oh yeah, indestructible as well. I've stepped on them, had them sat on, I thrown them, nothing seems to hurt them.

#11 nealdo17

nealdo17

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:poker

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:36 AM

How old are you? This plays a huge role IMHO. If you are 17, Oakley are freakin radical dude, but if your 24 Maui Jims are unbelievable. I have a pair of the titanium ones and they are sooooooo light. They also have incredible lenses so you can literally stare through water at the beach because they cut off so much of the glare.
"Poker is alot like sex, everone thinks they are the best, but most don't have a clue what they are doing!"
--Dutch Boy'd

#12 Don Giovanni

Don Giovanni

Custom member title

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:41 AM

Geezy said:

go to your local convience store and pic up a cheap pair of UV protection sunglasses and spend the rest of the money on a turkey cheese sub from SUBWAY!!!
theres an idea

#13 Rageur

Rageur

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Recording/Engineering, Hockey, Poker,

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:58 AM

bdc30 said:

I've worn nothing but Ray Ban Flight's for a few years nowI've bought 3 pairs of them now...1. Stolen In Bahamas2. Lost on a golf course3. (still working on this pair)At $275 a pair, that's gotta tell you something about em
Yes, that they are quite elusive.

#14 jten21

jten21

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:02 AM

if you want them for outdoor activities too check out Native Silencers. www.nativeeyewear.com they are sweet.

#15 bdams19

bdams19

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:35 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. I just turned 19 this past monday, but I don't know why 5 years would make a difference between oakley's and maui jims

#16 bdams19

bdams19

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:38 AM

I forgot to mention that my head is generally average to small size, aviators and the like look stupidly big.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users