what would you do?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 benhoug

benhoug

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,048 posts
  • Interests:Cards, Dogs, Movies, Baseball.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Pot-Limit Omaha

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:25 AM

Yesterday I was in a 20+2 Omaha 8 tourment. There were 12 people left out of 92 and I was in about 8th or 9th place w/ 5000 or so in chips. The leaders had upwards of 20000 and the really short stacks around 1200 - 1500. If I had waited it out I most likely could have costed into the cash, but where's the fun in that. I picked up A :D A :D 10 :) J :D on the button. Two players called the blind which was 600 I think. I made it 2000 to go and both players called. The flop came down 9 4 6 rainbow. Still figuring my Aces for the best high hand I moved in for my last 3000 only to be called by both players. The turn came K and the river 10. The player hanging around for the low obviously lost, and the other player showed K :club: K :) K :D 3 :) and he took down the pot. I ran the numbers on the hand and I was like 85% to win until the K on the turn... My question is, why would a player risk 5000 chips on a pot where he had one 2nd nut flush draw, no low draw and the best high hand he could possibly make is trips (if he hits the case K). Whenever I have 3 cards of the same rank in my hand I muck instantly. The only thing I can come up w/ is he thought his 2 Kings were leading the whole time... Any thoughts would be helpful.

#2 Spidurman

Spidurman

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:Not Work

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:24 AM

In a shorthanded situation, a pocket pair is not bad - and he had the second best pair. Personally I was expecting the low-straight to win when I saw the flop. Someone could have three babies and hit an out in there easily. I also agree he made a bad play, but hey, you can't win every hand that you are ahead. That's poker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users