spades is great for counting cards, can be pretty easy
Hahahahahahaha. Shut up.

#22 Smasharoo

Smasharoo

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:49 AM

I'd be willing to take you up on that Smash. It's been about 6 months since I have played, but I think that Bridge is one of the most challenging games there is. It's just a shame that it's not as big as it used to be. I would play more if I knew people that actually played the game. Online is just not the same because it's a game that you really have to play with the same partner for a while to get a feel for how the other plays.It'd be cool if we could get 4.The random pop up people on Yahoo vary wildly from people bidding slams every hand arbitrarily to people telling you they play transfers and then...not..to occasioanl competent players.

#23 dmoneypoker

dmoneypoker

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:football, baseball, literature, gambling

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:50 AM

i can play spades very well, buddy and i won a tournament at school... i can play euchre too but not nearly as well as i can play spades.
Anthony
dmoneypoker2005

"What's pot odds, precious?"~Erik Smeagol

I'm the best player in the galaxy
I can read your soul so don't bluff me
I am the best!~Bill Fillmaff

#24 fryer98

fryer98

You missed....the EARTH!

• Members
  • 21,711 posts
  • Interests:playing/coaching ice hockey, BARS, this, that, WHAT?
  • Favorite Poker Game:Beeeeeeeeeerains!

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:16 AM

feedmykids said:

I am a professional bridge player....
What kinda cash do you RAKE in playing that professionally?? Is there endorsement deals for that??

#25 EyeintheSkyy

EyeintheSkyy

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:31 AM

Spades, Hearts, Bridge, all fun. Lots of skill in Bridge on the bidding side of it, but it takes a long time to get in sync with a new partner. I like w2, stayman, michaels, flannery, and unusual 2nt, but I betcha no two players on this site use the same conventions and play 'em exactly the same way even if they do.I love hardcore Spades (none of this blind crap or trading cards with your partner - those rules are there to give inferior players a chance to get lucky). It is the only card game I know of where you can win consistently with bad cards if you are better than your opponents.I'd love to play again if you're still looking for a partner.

#26 bdc30

bdc30

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,407 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:35 AM

feedmykids said:

I was ranked #4 on the spades ladder about 5 years ago on yahoo.
Wasn't that right about the time the 5th player joined the Yahoo ladder?-sw

#27 cursive34

cursive34

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:49 AM

500 bid is the best game anyone know where you can play that online?

#28 Hand_Cracker

Hand_Cracker

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:taking your money.
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE MTT

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:53 AM

XXEddie said:

Can I play spades?YesCan I please them well?No

#29 EyeintheSkyy

EyeintheSkyy

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:57 AM

cursive34 said:

500 bid is the best game anyone know where you can play that online?
You mean play to 500? You can at Pogo, but they have all sorts of screwball options. You can set up a real Spades game, but it is hard to find opponents, everyone wants to play the weird stuff. I haven't played at Yahoo in a long time, can't remember if they let you play to 500. You're right, 500 is best.

#30 PotDragon

PotDragon

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:05 PM

Pinocle...Bridge...spades...hearts...gin. I play every game.Currently have a pinocle rating in the 1750's on yahoo. Learned the game from my Grandpa who was a pool player/ gambler for a living.I'm down if you get something set up. :wink:

#31 Bijjy

Bijjy

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, Poker

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:27 PM

Spades is for kids, we have any experienced Uno players here? Maybe we can setup a league!

#32 feedmykids

feedmykids

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:01 PM

Smash and other bridge players, I would highly recommend bridgebase online for bridge. It is the biggest online bridge site, and absolutely free. Yahoo is just a joke, the level of play is beyond novice (literally the advanced players are worse than novice) and its a bunch of kiddies who leave all the time. They have some great features as well. My name on there is Jlall, send me a message if you need any help. Also might as well get a plug in...I have a new bridge blog. http://squeezingthedummy.blogspot.com :club:

#33 EyeintheSkyy

EyeintheSkyy

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:06 PM

Bijjy said:

Spades is for kids, we have any experienced Uno players here?  Maybe we can setup a league!
I used to play Uno with my kids. It is the Devil's Game.

#34 damian.phillips998

damian.phillips998

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:12 AM

I've been playing spades since my childhood. I grew up playing card games with my friends and family. At the moment I am playing at VIP Spades in my free time. :10s

#35 FlopBeforeFolding

FlopBeforeFolding

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Texas hold 'em

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:31 AM

I love playing spades because of the rush of trumping somebody's card however it's a cutthroat game and a few friends from the past used to get overly excited in a negative way when they've realized that their partner exaggerated their ability to play spades. It's still a classic I hold dear, but I prefer not to play it that much like many other card games that have been sock drawered figuratively speaking. You really need to be on the same level as your partner or the game will not be fun.

#36 asparagus

asparagus

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:22 AM

what is spades? can someone explain plz?

#37 FlopBeforeFolding

FlopBeforeFolding

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Texas hold 'em

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:48 PM

View Postasparagus, on 02 December 2016 - 03:22 AM, said:

what is spades? can someone explain plz?

Hi there!

Spades is a very fun trick-taking game that is similar to playing hearts if you've ever played that game. There are four players and two to a team. You either pick your partner or pull a card from the deck to determine partners.

When the dealer deals out the cards, you look at your hand and count how many spades you hold. The number of spades in your hand signifies how many tricks you can make. You and your partner combine a number of tricks you can use on the other two players. The object of the game is to make all of the tricks you predicted you would win. A spade trumps any card, but you have to have the highest card to trump a spade to another spade.

It can get pretty mean if your partner doesn't play well and exaggerated his/her skills. Try it out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users