• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 honestabe

honestabe

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:28 PM

So I get that it is named after an oil spill in Santa Barbara, but why in the world would it be? What I mean is... neither the words "Ace" and "King" nor the letters "A" and "K" seem to have any relation to the events in Santa Barbara, which is in California, not Alaska.I would think it would be named after the Exxon spill, which was in Alaska, postal abbreviation AK.

#22 chindi

chindi

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:28 PM

hoser_71 said:

Slick is so pimp he made a big fat white guy the African Dream.
AKEEEEEEEEM!!!!Heh.'Jive sol' bro, Jive sol' bro!'Never was I so crushed, then when the Doctor of Style got religion.

#23 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:33 PM

honestabe said:

So I get that it is named after an oil spill in Santa Barbara, but why in the world would it be? What I mean is... neither the words "Ace" and "King" nor the letters "A" and "K" seem to have any relation to the events in Santa Barbara, which is in California, not Alaska.I would think it would be named after the Exxon spill, which was in Alaska, postal abbreviation AK.
Except that the term 'big slick' has been around far before the Exxon-Valdez spill in Alaska. As for why Santa Barbara? Not sure... I can't find anything to attribute that to in the RGP archives.Patrick

#24 Big Country

Big Country

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:17 PM

PMJackson21 said:

honestabe said:

Except that the term 'big slick' has been around far before the Exxon-Valdez spill in Alaska. As for why Santa Barbara? Not sure... I can't find anything to attribute that to in the RGP archives.Patrick
Maybe the oil spilled in Santa barbara came from Alaska.... :idea: (sw)

#25 Royal_Tour

Royal_Tour

Sherlock Holmes of butt sex

• Members
  • 14,322 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:22 PM

nutonflop said:

i'm def. not a newbie. and i didn't see an answer coming from you, so i guess youre just as inexpirienced as me. Dou.che bagPS. i think i've played you online, or at least your screen name. Your notes say Fish. lolSorry, should have clarified.... have two names. one was my poker room name, i changed that for cloaking reasons
LOL. 1st off idiot. yes u are a newbie.. learn how to fucken swearand 2nd. my poker names are always chimo, or cheemo.. never royal.so shut the fuck up

#26 nutonflop

nutonflop

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:42 AM

honestabe said:

Good call, but super sytems way predates that spill. Was their a previous spill up there, maybe?

#27 nutonflop

nutonflop

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:44 AM

Royal_Tour said:

nutonflop said:

i'm def. not a newbie. and i didn't see an answer coming from you, so i guess youre just as inexpirienced as me. Dou.che bagPS. i think i've played you online, or at least your screen name. Your notes say Fish. lolSorry, should have clarified.... have two names. one was my poker room name, i changed that for cloaking reasons
LOL. 1st off idiot. yes u are a newbie.. learn how to fucken swearand 2nd. my poker names are always chimo, or cheemo.. never royal.so shut the fuck up
Settle...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users