1617 replies to this topic

#41 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:34 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 26 January 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

Anyone want side action on whether Trump builds the wall as promised faster than Obama closes Gizmo, which he promised as well?

Under Obama the number of detainees has dropped ~75% but will given the status quo (where the prisoners of indeterminate status can't be moved to the mainland due to congress) the last 41 will remain there so Guantánamo can't be closed.

Meanwhile Trump is pro-keeping it open but having paying the Cubans to operate it "Maybe in our deal with Cuba, we get them to take it over and reimburse us,". ****ing genius Donald: have a country that you've had crippling sanctions against for decades take over keeping terrorists on lockdown.
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#42 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:20 PM

Next stage of left's meltdown will be the fake news that Trump's inner circle is against him. Expect this to be the headlines in the coming days.

Meanwhile, before the democrats can get their pitch just right in their wailing shrieks, Trump signs another new EO that is 'worse' then the last one.

Guaranteeing that the sheer mass of momentum Trump is causing will not be stopped by any leftist attempts at cries of Rasssisssst.

We may indeed get tired of all the winning.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#43 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:02 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on 26 January 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

We may indeed get tired of all the winning.

The last guy that was #winning that much had his brain fried from cocaine and yet is still more rational than the Trumpanzee.

#44 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

https://twitter.com/...083628732502017

German EmbassyVerified account
‏@GermanyinUSA

Follow
More
Terrified something is about to happen? In German, you would say that you're having Muffensausen #WordoftheWeek http://t1p.de/g5d4
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#45 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:45 AM

Claire PhippsVerified account
‏@Claire_Phipps
Trump signs extreme vetting executive order - in his words, to “keep radical Islamic terrorists out”
https://www.theguard...MP=share_btn_tw

Claire Phipps ‏@Claire_Phipps 14h14 hours ago
Claire Phipps Retweeted Claire Phipps
"Analysis of terrorist attacks on US soil 1975-2015...found foreign nationals from those seven countries have killed zero Americans"
Bob

#46 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:49 AM

From Cato

My point is that even if you are concerned about Terrorism this isn't any way to fight it. Actions like this mean the Terrorists win and they are basically meaningless.

Also Terrorism is about the 192nd most important issue facing the United States at the moment but fostering fear is number one with a bullet on the would be autocrat's playbook.

Little National Security Benefit to Trump’s Executive Order on Immigration
Bob

#47 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:52 AM

also never forget to take your business interests into account when making national policy

Judd LegumVerified account
‏@JuddLegum
Trump bans immigration from majority-Muslim countries*

*except countries where Trump Org does business https://www.bloomber...ct-of-interest/
Bob

#48 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:07 AM

James Pethokoukis ‏@JimPethokoukis 49m49 minutes ago
Again, Trump's laser-like focus on imaginary problems (via @nytimes)

Posted Image
Bob

#49 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:35 PM

Read this thread from a US Veteran of Iraq and other wars.

https://twitter.com/...397560126824448

odp
‏@dyllyp
I told this story about #refugees a couple years ago on Veterans Day with a humorous slant. I'm going to tell it again today, unfiltered.
Bob

#50 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

I love the fake news line that the refugees are the most vetted groups.

They call up Syria, ask to talk to the local police department to get a criminal backgound check, then they call the local labor board to find out what they did for work and see if they had any complaints, then they call the government and say: "I know you hate us and would do anything to hurt us, but could you just be honest and tell us if Mr. X is a nice person?":

And they sometimes send people from State over to dig through the rubble of the bombed out records department, which still uses papyrus records, but that's only in towns leveled by American bombs. The locals are very helpful to dig once they find out that it's an American looking for information about a person who left the country.

It would be wonderful if a leftist used their brain before they printed fake news like this. It's embarrassing for me to read this and accept that some people will find this to be truthful when a modicum of thought would show why a war torn region in a country that hates us is not a good place to get reliable data on a random person.

And to use this silly lie as 'proof' that our immigration system is fine is more amazing than the guru economist of the left Krugman telling us that stock market was going to crash because Trump was elected.

How many people need to be killed before you guys are okay with being pro-active in protecting the citizens of the country? Is it required for 50 children to die? Maybe 100 women to be raped? Do we need to have a school exploded before we say: "Wow, people from an area that kill gays, abuse women, marry little girls, and think any woman not a Muslim is a candidate for rape by virtue of their apostasy are not positive additions to our country"

Especially when we see the results of this immigration experiment bearing out throughout Europe.

Here's a radical thought. how about these extremely rich oil nations with Muslim ruled governments take in the muslim refugees? They have the religion, language, culture and close proximity, Why in the world should they be shipped to Sweden?

#51 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

Can we all agree that this is a positive thing done by Trump?

TRUMP SETS 5-YEAR AND LIFETIME LOBBYING BAN FOR OFFICIALS

#52 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:47 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 28 January 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

How many people need to be killed before you guys are okay with being pro-active in protecting the citizens of the country? Is it required for 50 children to die?

I'm encouraged to see that you support much tougher gun control laws which would save hundreds if not thousands of lives every year. I'm surprised it took you so long after Sandy Hook when all those innocent children were slaughtered to come to this position.
Bob

#53 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:13 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 28 January 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

I'm encouraged to see that you support much tougher gun control laws which would save hundreds if not thousands of lives every year. I'm surprised it took you so long after Sandy Hook when all those innocent children were slaughtered to come to this position.

Sandy Hook also convinced me the most urgent need is to keep guns out of the hands of left leaning pot smoking atheist. That and most of the other mass shootings that have occurred in the US.

But seriously the true culprit is probably the drug companies and doctors using pills to 'treat' messed up people. The 75+ million legally armed citizens aren't the problem. If they were you would know it.

#54 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:16 PM

Matthew Yglesias ‏@mattyglesias 2h2 hours ago
More
So if the Lakers play a road game in Toronto they have to leave Luol Deng behind because he was born in Sudan and has U.K. citizenship?

Udai Rohatgi ‏@UdaiRohatgi 2h2 hours ago
More
@mattyglesias NY Rangers forward Mika Zibanejad is Swedish-Iranian
Bob

#55 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 28 January 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

It would be wonderful if a leftist used their brain before they printed fake news like this. It's embarrassing for me to read this and accept that some people will find this to be truthful when a modicum of thought would show why a war torn region in a country that hates us is not a good place to get reliable data on a random person.

Trump says gave 9/11 to temporarily ban people from these nations but hijackers were from Egypt, UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Lebanon. The radicalized guy that shot up San Bernadino was from Pakistan.

None of the nations that actually sent terrorists are on this ban list and coincides with where Trump has business (funny that during the election Clinton's alleged ties to the Saudis was so damning and yet they are not on this list). It's a cheap political ploy.

#56 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:31 PM

Trudeau reacted to Trump’s ban of Muslims from certain countries by tweeting Saturday: “To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada.”

This might be the catalyst ya'll need. If nothing else, it will prove that elections have consequences.

#57 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 28 January 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

Can we all agree that this is a positive thing done by Trump?

TRUMP SETS 5-YEAR AND LIFETIME LOBBYING BAN FOR OFFICIALS

Trump and his people are going to make so much money while in office that they won't need to worry about after.
Bob

#58 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:41 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 28 January 2017 - 04:45 AM, said:

Claire PhippsVerified account
‏@Claire_Phipps
Trump signs extreme vetting executive order - in his words, to “keep radical Islamic terrorists out”
https://www.theguard...MP=share_btn_tw

Claire Phipps ‏@Claire_Phipps 14h14 hours ago
Claire Phipps Retweeted Claire Phipps
"Analysis of terrorist attacks on US soil 1975-2015...found foreign nationals from those seven countries have killed zero Americans"

Oops

US President Barack Obama’s administration selected these seven Muslim-majority countries.

The Department of HomelandSecurity targeted these seven countries over the last years as countries of concern. In February 2016 “The Department of Homeland Security today announced that it is continuing its implementation of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 with the addition of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen as three countries of concern, limiting Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals who have traveled to these countries.” It noted “the three additional countries designated today join Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria as countries subject to restrictions for Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals.” It was the US policy under Obama to restrict and targetpeople “who have been present in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, at any time on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited government/military exceptions).” This was text of the US Customs and Border Protection in 2015 relating to “the Visa Waiver Program and Terrorist Travel Protection Act of 2015“. The link even includes the seven nation list in it: “Iraq, Syria, Iran, SUdan, Somalia or Yemen.” And the media knew this back in May 2016 when some civil rights groups complained about it.“These restrictions have provoked an outcry from the Iranian-American community, as well as Arab-American and civil-liberties groups, who say the restrictions on dual nationals and certain travelers are discriminatory and could be imposed against American dual nationals.”

It was signed into law on December 18, 2015, as part of the Omnibus Appropriations Act of FY2016.

#59 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:42 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 28 January 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

Trump and his people are going to make so much money while in office that they won't need to worry about after.

Well there you go, it's not fixable so letting the corrupt stay corrupt is okay.

#60 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,935 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

Nick Kulmala ‏@NNNICKKK 4h4 hours ago
More
A Clemson professor got deported. I'm just at a loss for words.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Bob

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users