Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:47 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 18 November 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

well Jeff Sessions his new AG didn't get confirmed by a Republican controlled Senate in the past to be a Federal Judge because of some racist comments that he made.

So that's 1.

Any statement ever racist makes you a life long racist?

Might want to think a bit about those standards or you might be a super predator who fetches coffee.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#62 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,354 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:23 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on 18 November 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

well Jeff Sessions his new AG didn't get confirmed

That was because of Ted Kennedy. Ted is dead.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#63 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,990 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:38 AM

View Postbrvheart, on 19 November 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:

That was because of Ted Kennedy. Ted is dead.

Ted Kennedy convinced a Judicial Committee which was majority Republican that Sessions was too racist to be a Federal Judge without compelling evidence ?
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#64 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

Ted once drove drunk and left a young girl in a sinking car while he wandered in search of a phone to call his lawyer to make sure he wouldn't get in trouble.

And Sessions said the ACLU is Un-American. They are. They are not representative of the America we all know and love.

And how is calling black people "colored" not Un-American? NAACP? Come on man. That's not the America we all know and love.

Sessions was just decades ahead of is time.

And he will soon be the National Security Advisor to President Trump.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#65 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,990 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:05 PM

Mad Dog Mattis' Quotes

Only problem is he hasn't been retired long enough so is going to need a Congressional waiver to be Defense Secretary.

http://www.businessi...ing-to-be-bad-1

"You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad."

"If in order to kill the enemy you have to kill an innocent, don’t take the shot. Don’t create more enemies than you take out by some immoral act."

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f--k with me, I’ll kill you all."

"The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some a--holes in the world that just need to be shot. There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim."

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

"A country that armed Stalin to defeat Hitler can certainly work alongside enemies of al-Qaida to defeat al-Qaida."

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it's quite fun to fight them, you know. It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up there with you. I like brawling."

"There are some people who think you have to hate them in order to shoot them. I don’t think you do. It’s just business."

"In this age, I don’t care how tactically or operationally brilliant you are, if you cannot create harmony — even vicious harmony — on the battlefield based on trust across service lines, across coalition and national lines, and across civilian/military lines, you need to go home, because your leadership is obsolete. We have got to have officers who can create harmony across all those lines."

"For the mission's sake, for our country's sake, and the sake of the men who carried the Division's colors in past battles — 'who fought for life and never lost their nerve' — carry out your mission and keep your honor clean. Demonstrate to the world there is 'No Better Friend — No Worse Enemy' than a US Marine."
Bob

#66 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,800 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:01 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 20 November 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

Mad Dog Mattis' Quotes

Only problem is he hasn't been retired long enough so is going to need a Congressional waiver to be Defense Secretary.

http://www.businessi...ing-to-be-bad-1

"You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, itís going to be bad."

"If in order to kill the enemy you have to kill an innocent, donít take the shot. Donít create more enemies than you take out by some immoral act."

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f--k with me, Iíll kill you all."

"The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some a--holes in the world that just need to be shot. There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim."

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

"A country that armed Stalin to defeat Hitler can certainly work alongside enemies of al-Qaida to defeat al-Qaida."

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it's quite fun to fight them, you know. It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up there with you. I like brawling."

"There are some people who think you have to hate them in order to shoot them. I donít think you do. Itís just business."

"In this age, I donít care how tactically or operationally brilliant you are, if you cannot create harmony ó even vicious harmony ó on the battlefield based on trust across service lines, across coalition and national lines, and across civilian/military lines, you need to go home, because your leadership is obsolete. We have got to have officers who can create harmony across all those lines."

"For the mission's sake, for our country's sake, and the sake of the men who carried the Division's colors in past battles ó 'who fought for life and never lost their nerve' ó carry out your mission and keep your honor clean. Demonstrate to the world there is 'No Better Friend ó No Worse Enemy' than a US Marine."

Sounds like a nice compassionate guy. Does he speak at grade schools?
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#67 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,415 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

Sounds like a Winner to me.

#68 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,800 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:12 PM

View PostEssay21, on 20 November 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

Sounds like a Winner to me.

I'll be double shocked when Balloon guy agrees with you...and of course scudderdouche.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#69 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,990 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:18 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 20 November 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

Sounds like a nice compassionate guy. Does he speak at grade schools?

Warfare isn't for the timid.

I think his quotes strike a good balance for a battlefield military commander.
Bob

#70 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,800 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:56 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 20 November 2016 - 03:18 PM, said:

Warfare isn't for the timid.

I think his quotes strike a good balance for a battlefield military commander.

Ya, I misread this one:

View PostFCP Bob, on 20 November 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

"If in order to kill the enemy you have to kill an innocent, donít take the shot. Donít create more enemies than you take out by some immoral act."

#71 scuudagouch

scuudagouch

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Holdem

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:49 AM

I don't have much of an opinion on the man, base on the quotes posted here he seems to understand what is needed...this is why we elect leaders, I am not an expert on better or worse candidates.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian"

Henry Ford

#72 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha H/L

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:09 PM

I was really happy Trump met with Tulsi Gabbard. She is a person of integrity and has a bright future. Of Course Hillary and the gang threw her under the bus.....idiots.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain

#73 scuudagouch

scuudagouch

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Holdem

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

I would give her an interesting, she seems logical but she supported Sanders...that alone makes you do a double take.

she as a democrat organized against the Clinton machine which takes a set, big props there

will be interested in this one. plus she looks like she could be on fox which is a huge plus.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian"

Henry Ford

#74 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha H/L

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:36 PM

View Postscuudagouch, on 21 November 2016 - 02:15 PM, said:

I would give her an interesting, she seems logical but she supported Sanders...that alone makes you do a double take.

she as a democrat organized against the Clinton machine which takes a set, big props there

will be interested in this one. plus she looks like she could be on fox which is a huge plus.

Pretty obvious why she supported Sanders, she was on the DNC board and she spoke up about what was going on.

Her Quote
Gabbard appeared on multiple news outlets to express her dissatisfaction with the number of debates. Following her public criticisms, she claimed she was uninvited from attending the Democratic debate in Las Vegas as a result. In a telephone interview with the New York Times, Gabbard stated, "It's very dangerous when we have people in positions of leadership who use their power to try to quiet those who disagree with them. When I signed up to be vice-chair of the DNC, no one told me I would be relinquishing my freedom of speech and checking it at the door."

Yeah we need Her. She is a Rock.

Tulsi Gabbard - CIA Must Stop Illegal, Counterproductive War to Overthrow Assad
https://www.youtube....60KQ9Q#t=01m12s

Odds are she will be in the Adminstration.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain

#75 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,990 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:25 PM

In general the military doesn't like torture. They don't think it works and they don't want it to happen to their own people.

Maggie HabermanVerified account
‏@maggieNYT
Trump says he is "seriously considering" Mattis for DoD, says he asked Mattis about waterboarding, was surprised he didn't favor it.

Tom Ricks ‏@tomricks1 1h1 hour ago
Tom Ricks Retweeted Amy Davidson
Story Mattis told me: In Iraq saw Marines watching CNN. Asked why. 1 said "Some assholes just lost us the war." It was news of Abu Ghraib.
Bob

#76 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,990 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:33 PM

Bob

#77 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,354 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

Is there a specific part of that hour 25 video that we should be focusing on?

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#78 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,990 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:52 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 22 November 2016 - 01:46 PM, said:

Is there a specific part of that hour 25 video that we should be focusing on?

not really, just gives an insight to how the next Sec of Defense thinks about things.

He will get a lot of bipartisan support and he should. I get the impression from everything that I've read that he will tell Trump what he sees as the truth and not just what Trump wants to hear. It will be interesting to see the dynamic between him and Flynn since Flynn is just a wee bit nuts it seems while General Mattis is a smart pragmatist.

He's no fan of Putin or Russia
Bob

#79 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,990 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:11 PM

Mazel Tov CocktailVerified account
‏@AdamSerwer
Mattis singlehandedly talked Trump out of committing a war crime. http://www.nytimes.c...WT.nav=top-news

Posted Image
Bob

#80 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,990 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:22 AM

Flynn really shouldn't be anywhere near the White House.

David Frum ‏@davidfrum 7h7 hours ago
Trump’s incoming national security adviser can’t manage, govern his temper, or distinguish truth from fantasy

David Frum ‏@davidfrum 7h7 hours ago
David Frum Retweeted David Frum
Aside from that - oh, and his financial obligations to Putin and Erdogan - General Flynn seems perfect for the job

THE DISRUPTIVE CAREER OF MICHAEL FLYNN, TRUMP’S NATIONAL-SECURITY ADVISER
Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users