• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AAAPOKER123

AAAPOKER123

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:30 AM

Just started a friendly cash game and the owner of the house wanted to teach his girlfriend how to play, and bought her in. We deal, she looks at her cards and says "I don't know what this means?", and the boyfriend looks at her cards to help...

Basically rule #1 is not to cheat by looking at an opponents hand: so I say "thats not allowed, you can look and help when you fold your hand though". He(house) says "no" and kept playing 2 handed. I continued to argue how its not fair to everyone else and he proceeded to go all in, loses and sends everyone home.

We're good, settled it as a miscommunication (not worth a friendship haha). In retrospect it probably wouldn't haven't mattered in a few hands and should have just let it go but... what would you have done?

#2 SuperJon

SuperJon

<3

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

You were definitely right. Or maybe you were wrong. I don't know because I couldn't make sense of your post.

Welcome to the forums!

#3 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,633 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:22 PM

I would say you have to let things slide in social games.. particularly with extremely new players. Any EV that guy gains by knowing her hole cards, is more than made up by the fact she's in teh game to begin with.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#4 asparagus

asparagus

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem