20 replies to this topic

#1 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,829 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:33 AM

WSOP Announces 10 Finalists for 2016 Poker Hall of Fame

The World Series of Poker announced Sept. 9 the 10 finalists eligible for induction into the Poker Hall of Fame.
Here is the 2016 Poker Hall of Fame Finalists list: Chris Bjorin, Humberto Brenes, Eli Elezra, Bruno Fitoussi, Chris Moneymaker, Carlos Mortensen, Max Pescatori, Matt Savage and David 'Devilfish' Ulliott.

After a vetting and public nomination process, three new candidates - Brunson, Elezra and Moneymaker - join this list with six returning finalists and one returning nominee (Brenes).
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#2 Vegas Knights

Vegas Knights

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting - Wrote a Vegas/poker themed screenplay entitled "Vegas Knights" that won a 1st place award at the Nevada Film Festival, an honorable mention at the Las Vegas Film Festival, and was a quarterfinalist at the huge Scriptapalooza contest. Script still available.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold'em

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:38 PM

I think Humberto Brenes should be one of them. He's getting up in years and if he doesn't get in this year he might never get in which would be a shame.

#3 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,809 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:48 PM

none of those people belong in a hall of fame. maybe eli elezera, but the rest no chance.
Spoiler

#4 Vegas Knights

Vegas Knights

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting - Wrote a Vegas/poker themed screenplay entitled "Vegas Knights" that won a 1st place award at the Nevada Film Festival, an honorable mention at the Las Vegas Film Festival, and was a quarterfinalist at the huge Scriptapalooza contest. Script still available.

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:41 AM

A lot of players don't know this but there is a Poker Hall of Fame display area next to Binions Poker Room in downtown Vegas. It has pictures of many of the HOF members. On a side note, my script "Vegas Knights" has a scene right there in front of the display.

#5 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,809 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:53 PM

what's the scene?
Spoiler

#6 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,636 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:38 PM

View PostVegas Knights, on 11 September 2016 - 02:41 AM, said:

On a side note, my script "Vegas Knights" has a scene right there in front of the display.

Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#7 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,809 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:07 PM

lets all remain calm here.
Spoiler

#8 Vegas Knights

Vegas Knights

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:24 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on 12 September 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

what's the scene?

The 2 main characters are standing in front of the Hall of Fame Display and talking about some of the HOF members whose pictures are in front of them. I told you this thing has a lot of poker in it.

Maybe to spice things up we could have Phil Hellmuth suddenly appear in the background, look around to make sure no one is watching, and then start cleaning his picture with Windex.

#9 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,345 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:47 AM

Sounds like a shitty scene.

#10 Vegas Knights

Vegas Knights

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

View PostVegas Knights, on 12 September 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

The 2 main characters are standing in front of the Hall of Fame Display and talking about some of the HOF members whose pictures are in front of them. I told you this thing has a lot of poker in it.

Why don't some of you write your own version of how the above scene could play out and I'll judge the winner. Here are the current HOF members:

https://en.wikipedia...Fame#Membership

#11 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,636 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:33 AM

I don't think you judging the winner would be at all objective. Let the people decide.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#12 Vegas Knights

Vegas Knights

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 11:06 AM

View PostEssay21, on 13 September 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Sounds like a shitty scene.
It seems odd a poker enthusiast like yourself wouldn't be curious about a movie scene where the 2 main characters are discussing Poker Hall of Fame members.

#13 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,809 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 06:26 PM

what's odd is the number 7.
Spoiler

#14 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,269 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

On a side note, my script "Vegas Knights" has a scene right there in front of the display.

There is a 0% chance that you aren't BigD or DavidSklansky.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#15 Vegas Knights

Vegas Knights

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:42 PM

A lot of players don't know this but there is a Poker Hall of Fame display area next to Binions Poker Room in downtown Vegas. It has pictures of many of the HOF members. On a side note, my script "Vegas Knights" has a scene right there in front of the display.

View Postbrvheart, on 20 September 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

There is a 0% chance that you aren't BigD or DavidSklansky.
So you don't believe a poker playing author who lived in Vegas many years and wrote a poker themed screenplay set in Vegas could possibly write a movie scene set in front of the Poker Hall of Fame display in Las Vegas, and that it must be a joke. I don't quite understand your reasoning but sorry, there is a scene in the script in front of the HOF display at Binions.

If the movie is ever made maybe Binions would give the production company a good deal considering the publicity they will get out of it. The same goes for the Mirage, the Rio, and the Hard Rock where there are scenes.

#16 Vegas Knights

Vegas Knights

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:16 AM

Here's a good article where Chris Moneymaker talks a lot about the Hall of Fame and being nominated.

https://www.pokernew...-fame-25875.htm

#17 card game freak

card game freak

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Poker, No Limit Holdem mainly. Other card games but mainly poker. Trying to up my game.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold'em No Limit

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:26 AM

CM he's been a great inspiration to me also

#18 TrainRay

TrainRay

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:no-limit holdem

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:16 PM

Just want a honest opinion... is Chris Moneymaker hall of fame material (as a poker player) ?

#19 Vegas Knights

Vegas Knights

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

View PostTrainRay, on 02 October 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Just want a honest opinion... is Chris Moneymaker hall of fame material (as a poker player) ?

Here's MM's own opinion:

"I don't really fit the qualifications for the Hall of Fame as a player. I don't really play high stakes, I don't grind full time and it's never been my desire to. I know I shouldn't really get in the Hall of Fame as a player, but people can see how I've helped the game grow, that I've been somewhat of a stabilizing force in terms of bringing online poker legislation to the US, that I do what I can do and I've done my fair share for the game. So maybe I deserve to be in the Hall of Fame for that, not just for playing the game."

https://www.pokernew...-fame-25875.htm
http://joeingram1.liquidpoker.net/

#20 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,829 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:10 AM

WSOP ‏@WSOP 44m44 minutes ago
Congratulations to @ToddBrunson and @CarlosMortensen -- the 2016 inductees to the Poker Hall of Fame. Dinner & Gala Oct. 26 @BinionsLV
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users