1162 replies to this topic

#41 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

View Postpezeveng, on 20 March 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

Cubs are highest win total at 93.5 over -135. I Also checked the HR bets on bet365 and its across the majors not just NL.

I emailed bet365 to get me odds for Kyle Schwarber as he's not available. I will let you guys know when I get a number.

Here's the rest of the bets.

http://www.bet365.co...?&cb=1032645746

your bets don't show because they are inside your account

Can you copy and paste or take a screen shot and post it ?
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#42 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:10 PM

Cubs are going to be good for sure, but not sure I trust the pitching staff totally yet. They could easily out score the Jays (and everyone else) though, just so solid top to bottom and some decent versatility too
Long signatures are really annoying.

#43 pezeveng

pezeveng

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:22 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on 20 March 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

Cubs are going to be good for sure, but not sure I trust the pitching staff totally yet. They could easily out score the Jays (and everyone else) though, just so solid top to bottom and some decent versatility too

I got them to add Shwarber at 50-1.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

Following a trading review Kyle Schwarber has been added to site with a price of 50/1.

#44 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:54 AM

nice

#45 MapleLeafs

MapleLeafs

FCHL CHAMPION 2008, 2009, 2016

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

Just bought tickets to the games in Montreal
When I go to a fast food restaurant, and my order comes to $6.28, I like to give the cashier $18.71. They look at me and say 'What's this?' and I say 'I'm all in'. They usually fold.

AHL EAST/WEST Conference Champion 2011-12
FCGL Champion 2013

#46 pezeveng

pezeveng

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:59 AM

Read this article last month, thought I would share it here. Nothing like a pissed of Tulo with something to prove.

I need to contact bet365 again and ask to add him to MVP odds list. He's 50-1 to win HR title but not on the MVP bet list.

http://www.usatoday....enver/81085588/

#47 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:32 AM

I like that idea. As a SS, he'll get "position" credit even if he's only average at his position (as he should), and in that lineup, he'll get enough runs and RBI if he has a great season to get MVP consideration. Pretty unlikely he'll actually be a better overall player than Donaldson considering defense and games played, but since he'll have the "veteran leader" thing going, I think he's a good longshot.

He'd be a better candidate if he hit leadoff, and I'm hoping the Jays will end up with him there, but sounds like they're planning on a terrible choice like Saunders or Pillar instead.

#48 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,464 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

View Postpezeveng, on 23 March 2016 - 08:59 AM, said:

Read this article last month, thought I would share it here. Nothing like a pissed of Tulo with something to prove.

I need to contact bet365 again and ask to add him to MVP odds list. He's 50-1 to win HR title but not on the MVP bet list.

http://www.usatoday....enver/81085588/

I knew he was mad but not that mad

#49 pezeveng

pezeveng

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:00 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on 23 March 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

I like that idea. As a SS, he'll get "position" credit even if he's only average at his position (as he should), and in that lineup, he'll get enough runs and RBI if he has a great season to get MVP consideration. Pretty unlikely he'll actually be a better overall player than Donaldson considering defense and games played, but since he'll have the "veteran leader" thing going, I think he's a good longshot.

He'd be a better candidate if he hit leadoff, and I'm hoping the Jays will end up with him there, but sounds like they're planning on a terrible choice like Saunders or Pillar instead.

A free swinging Pillar makes zero sense leading off. I thought it was a joke at first, the guy swings at ball 6 at some at bats!

Hopefully Gibby see's something that we don't.

#50 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:48 AM

Gibby sees a fast player and therefore a leadoff hitter. Pillar is a perfect #9 hitter.

In unrelated news, I think this guy is a solid late-round sleeper. He won't be Mike Trout, but I think he could be a very solid, cheap, all-around guy in roto leagues:

http://www.rotoworld...45/tyler-naquin

#51 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,890 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:05 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on 24 March 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

Gibby sees a fast player and therefore a leadoff hitter. Pillar is a perfect #9 hitter.

In unrelated news, I think this guy is a solid late-round sleeper. He won't be Mike Trout, but I think he could be a very solid, cheap, all-around guy in roto leagues:

http://www.rotoworld...45/tyler-naquin

Im gonna need a few more of these Dan. AL only please!

#52 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:25 AM

I have no actual information Arp and don't follow fantasy at all anymore. My "feeling" about that guy is based on almost nothing, and anything else I gave you would be similarly useless.

That won't stop me though!

Also, if memory serves (unlikely), he was picked a long time ago by jay or Dale in the last round of the FCBL, and I had no interest in him - those picks pretty much all turned out really well (in the same draft I took Trout, I openly mocked Dale for taking Goldschmidt two rounds later).

#53 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:26 AM

Deadspin reminded me that today is the 15th anniversary of an event that is either one of the best or worst things ever to occur in sports, and certainly one of the most ridiculous and unlikely:

https://www.youtube....h?v=qwpRHrAh3pk

And an unnecessary follow-up story:

http://www.newsweek....rd-pitch-440184

#54 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,922 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:14 PM

I just read way too much of that bird expert article

#55 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

Those ornithologists were pretty funny though

#56 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,922 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:07 PM

I like how two of them were like "oh, it was awful, I love mourning doves" and the third guy was like "I dgaf about the bird"

#57 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,890 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:11 PM

Looking back, I am just in awe of the incredibly poor luck that bird had.

#58 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:58 AM

Can scroll down to just read about the Jays if you want, but an interesting write-up on the starting rotation:

http://www.fangraphs...otations-16-30/

Last day's tweets suggest it'll be Stroman, Dickey, Estrada, Happ, Sanchez (not necessarily in that order). Hutchison in AAA, Chavez the long-man and Floyd the extra guy. I think Chavez could convert to a 1-inning reliever, down the road, but he may be our 5th-6th best starter so they'll keep him stretched out to fill in for injuries.

Basically, the King of Stat Guys ranks the Jay's rotation as 25th best, but notes that his particular preferred ranking likely underestimates the Jays, as both Dickey and Estrada are pitchers who have shown the ability to outperform the "best" system. For Dickey, the reason is obvious - strikeouts are really important, and he doesn't get a lot even if he is pitching well. Estrada is also an outlier in that for his whole career, he has given up a much higher proportion of fly balls than most pitchers.

If you squint, you can see a rotation that could push the top-10. Stroman could be awesome, Estrada, Happ and Sanchez could all be very strong, and Dickey can play soft-toss until his arm falls off. Then again, with all those question marks, we could have basically a #2 guy in Stroman, and no one else who is much better than a #5, no matter how deep you go...they could easily be one of the worst rotations in the MLB too.

Only 6 more days!!!

#59 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,890 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

I always get so excited for baseball season this time of year. The Blue Jays being so good is just another bonus.

Danny/others.....bet365 has BJ's at 87.5 o/u for wins. Isnt that kind of low? I trust the oddsmakers more than myself, and not crazy about the -115 on both sides, but 87.5 seems low for them, doesn't it?

#60 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,890 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:28 AM

Danny, whats your general impression on fangraphs? I love it, only been really reading it for a couple of years, but I really use it a lot for my pool.
Am I overvaluing the information though?
Seems like a lot of info from anyone, can just about anyone post anything?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users