• Please log in to reply
2414 replies to this topic

#41 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,323 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:56 PM

Well I, for one, love Canadians, so I'm definitely leaning towards voting for Cruz.

Also, the ACA is just a horrible piece of s@#t. Either make it free for everyone, like Britain and Canada, or go back to the way it was, but it's not helping near enough people for all the extra bs to be worth it.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#42 mrfritz

mrfritz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:04 AM

five thirty eight has clinton winning by less than 3 point in the polls plus and trump by one. super close, wow.
This is my first rodeo

#43 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,930 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:26 PM

and Cruz's wife is also creeped out by contact with him

Posted Image
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#44 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,323 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:08 PM

Maybe she doesn't want to get lipstick on his face? Naw, that can't be it; she hates him.

#45 Scroom

Scroom

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf236yu

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:28 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 31 January 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

Well I, for one, love Canadians, so I'm definitely leaning towards voting for Cruz.

Also, the ACA is just a horrible piece of s@#t. Either make it free for everyone, like Britain and Canada, or go back to the way it was, but it's not helping near enough people for all the extra bs to be worth it.

It's the first step towards a national plan.
It has empowered a ****ton of people to get health insurance.
Anyone who had a pre-existing condition and couldn't get insurance, it's a lifesaver.
That is a god-awful lot of people.
Posted Image

#46 mrfritz

mrfritz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:43 PM

Cruz takes Iowa.

Clinton up .6% with 88% in. Hope Napa caucused.
This is my first rodeo

#47 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,323 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:07 PM

View PostScroom, on 01 February 2016 - 07:28 PM, said:

It's the first step towards a national plan.
It has empowered a ****ton of people to get health insurance.
Anyone who had a pre-existing condition and couldn't get insurance, it's a lifesaver.
That is a god-awful lot of people.

I appreciate that clause, but the high cost is very real. Many people with pre-existing conditions that could pay 500-800 a month have jobs that offer insurance and would be covered anyway. The real issue is the people with pre-existing crap that can't afford the insurance. Now they can't afford the insurance and so they don't get it, and are now getting their tax refund taken from them as a "fine" for not being able to afford it. It's a real shitstorm for those middle of the road, making a little too much for medicaid people... which is the EXACT people that something like this should be protecting the most. Medicaid people don't care about anything that's happening. Rich people care, but not really. It's the lower middle class that's getting just destroyed in the current form.

They really need to go all-in immediately, since there's almost no chance of stopping the train at this point.

#48 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,930 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:08 AM

Brian Katulis ‏@Katulis 58m58 minutes ago
Republican Party divided -
Good @Newshour segment w/ @davidfrum @ezraklein @BillKristol @JimDeMint @EricCantor

http://ow.ly/XQjbE
Bob

#49 Scroom

Scroom

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:28 AM

View Postbrvheart, on 01 February 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

I appreciate that clause, but the high cost is very real. Many people with pre-existing conditions that could pay 500-800 a month have jobs that offer insurance and would be covered anyway. The real issue is the people with pre-existing crap that can't afford the insurance. Now they can't afford the insurance and so they don't get it, and are now getting their tax refund taken from them as a "fine" for not being able to afford it. It's a real shitstorm for those middle of the road, making a little too much for medicaid people... which is the EXACT people that something like this should be protecting the most. Medicaid people don't care about anything that's happening. Rich people care, but not really. It's the lower middle class that's getting just destroyed in the current form.

They really need to go all-in immediately, since there's almost no chance of stopping the train at this point.

Your position is rooted in the fact that there is an entire side of life you have never experienced nor seen.
If your only perspective is the cul-de-sac, yeah. Saying something like this (if I'm reading it right):

" Many people with pre-existing conditions that could pay 500-800 a month have jobs that offer insurance and would be covered anyway."

... might make sense, because you apparently have no ****ing idea what $9600 a year means to the majority of the population.

Have you ever heard the saying "let them eat cake" ? Do you know where that came from?

Right before the French Revolution, there was a famine. Upon being informed that the people had no bread to eat and were starving, a member of French Royalty responded by saying "let them eat cake" ... since in her castle, that's what she would do if there were no bread!

Now, lets agree that there are YUUUGE problems with how Obamacare is washing out in practice, however your position is basically that since there are dysfunctions, we should just scrap the system rather than fix its shortcomings. That was the same sentiment that abolished mental health care in this country, too.
Posted Image

#50 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,672 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:32 PM

Calling Marie Antoinette " a member of the French Royalty" seems a little player hatish to me. I agree with the substance of your point, tho.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#51 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,323 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:35 PM

I guess I don't understand the people group you are talking about, but that's almost certainly because I'm slow.

Poor people that can't afford $500 a month can almost certainly get medicare. So the "eating cake people" are covered. The people group that ACA really screws is the people that make too much to get Medicaid, and too little to afford ACA. In fact, that's the only group that's getting screwed. That group however would be saved if prices went back down to $100-$150 for a family like in 2007-8. The only people it would hurt would be pre-existing condition people.

So what group is bigger? Lower middle class or pre-existing conditions? I don't know. But we should be helping whoever is the bigger group until we can just get Medicaid for everyone.

#52 Scroom

Scroom

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:15 PM

Re: Medicaid: No.

https://www.whitehou...re/medicaid-map

Also, prices weren't $150 for a family in 2007. Maybe in a few really fringe cases but if anyone under your plan had any past health issues at all, that was not the case.

Where HussienHealth falls short is that it still leaves pricing to for-profit interests. That is the next step but in a country where two of the largest industries are insurance and health care- and where they can buy politicians- its not going to happen. I wonder if you understand just how existentially ****ed the Republican party would be on pretty much every issue if meaningful campaign finance reform were ever passed.
Posted Image

#53 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,930 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:01 PM

This made me laugh more than it probably should, especially the Tracy Flick comment

Daniel Lin ‏@DLin71 1d1 day ago
Early Iowa results

REP
29% Punchable Face
25% Solid Gold Dumpster Fire
21% Tracy Flick

DEM
51% Pending Indictment
49% Venezuela
Bob

#54 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,323 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:12 PM

View PostScroom, on 02 February 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

Re: Medicaid: No.

https://www.whitehou...re/medicaid-map

Also, prices weren't $150 for a family in 2007. Maybe in a few really fringe cases but if anyone under your plan had any past health issues at all, that was not the case.

Where HussienHealth falls short is that it still leaves pricing to for-profit interests. That is the next step but in a country where two of the largest industries are insurance and health care- and where they can buy politicians- its not going to happen. I wonder if you understand just how existentially ****ed the Republican party would be on pretty much every issue if meaningful campaign finance reform were ever passed.

Well, like I said, that IS what I was paying in 2007 for my wife and kids. ($120ish)

Also, I don't care much for the GOP establishment, and would be happy to see it burn to the ground.

And I was just using the term Medicaid as a stand-in for whatever full universal health care would be called, paid for and run by the federal government, not the states. Who knows how that would look, but I'm assuming that's the type of system you would prefer, yes?

#55 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,930 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:45 AM

Trump sure finds it hard to accept losing doesn't he

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours ago
Ted Cruz didn't win Iowa, he stole it. That is why all of the polls were so wrong and why he got far more votes than anticipated. Bad!

During primetime of the Iowa Caucus, Cruz put out a release that @RealBenCarson was quitting the race, and to caucus (or vote) for Cruz.

Many people voted for Cruz over Carson because of this Cruz fraud. Also, Cruz sent out a VOTER VIOLATION certificate to thousands of voters.

The Voter Violation certificate gave poor marks to the unsuspecting voter(grade of F) and told them to clear it up by voting for Cruz. Fraud

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago
And finally, Cruz strongly told thousands of caucusgoers (voters) that Trump was strongly in favor of ObamaCare and "choice" - a total lie!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago
Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa Caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified.
Bob

#56 mrfritz

mrfritz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:02 AM

it's gonna be Rubio/Clinton. Trump has no organization after New Hampshire.
This is my first rodeo

#57 Scroom

Scroom

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:08 PM

The stumbling block for Trump will be if Rubio gains steam, since that might mean Florida.

One way or the other, he's going to have to start spending money here soon and putting together a ground game in the primary states. The free media candidacy is over. Time for big-boy pants.
Posted Image

#58 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,323 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:19 PM

Trump lost in Iowa because he had no organization. I have a little bit of an insider view and the internal predication almost perfectly matched what happened, including a final memo on Sunday night that had Cruz winning with 28%.

It's definitely going to fall off the cliff unless he starts taking this seriously.

#59 Scroom

Scroom

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:39 PM

His theory of being able to do this without spending money is completely wrong.
He played his hand brilliantly as far as using free media to attain viability as an outsider. That alone is astonishing enough to be historic.
It is not a sustainable strategy. Now its time for Chicago style machine politics. If he doesn't put a machine in these places, then its pretty much a gimme that he was a plant candidate to foment fringe enthusiasm, lose and hopefully create apathy among a core of right wing voters who would stay home before voting for whatever establishment candidate the (((influential donors))) manage to put in there.
Posted Image

#60 mrfritz

mrfritz

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:32 PM

So it looks like Bernie is pretty much a lock to win NH, and Trump is the favorite.

Not sure why Christie isn't doing better, he shredded Rubio the other night..
This is my first rodeo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users