2414 replies to this topic

#2381 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...telligence.html

The counter-point seems to be that there's no "proof" to demonstrate intent and that it's only circumstantial ie:

The CIA conclusion was a "judgment based on the fact that Russian entities hacked both Democrats and Republicans and only the Democratic information was leaked," one of the three officials said on Monday.
"(It was) a thin reed upon which to base an analytical judgment," the official added.

Republican Senator John McCain said on Monday there was "no information" that Russian hacking of American political organizations was aimed at swaying the outcome of the election.
"It's obvious that the Russians hacked into our campaigns," McCain said. "But there is no information that they were intending to affect the outcome of our election and that's why we need a congressional investigation," he told Reuters.
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#2382 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,829 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:38 AM

Fox NewsVerified account
‏@FoxNews
.@LindseyGrahamSC: "I'm 100% certain that the Russians hacked into @johnpodesta's emails, the DNC, and other political organizations."
https://twitter.com/...421068540715008

Posted Image
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#2383 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,371 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:46 AM

Never trust the headlines

Posted Image
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#2384 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,371 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:02 AM

And Thank You celebrities for continuing your complete cluelessness of how much you matter in the world with your latest video asking the electors to overturn a free and fair election because your feelings are hurt.

Now please leave the country like you swore you would.

Canada is waiting for you.

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#2385 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,371 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:04 AM

Hillary makes history today as the first woman to lose the same election 3 times.

#2386 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,371 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:11 PM

So far 4 electors have changed their votes...from Hillary to Bernie

I do love how the liberal media has once again given false hope via fake news to the gullible left, that there was a chance Trump won't win this election.

Instead there was nothing to see.

Other than the paid protestors who numbered in the tens...of people

Trump's been acting nice to give everyone a false sense of hope, but now that there is nothing to stop him, watch him tear down the corrupt swamp.

The only hope you lefties have is to pretend that you know what's going to happen / pretend you know what people you've never met are going to do, and tell us why it's not going to be good.

Just more fake news to delude yourselves.

Enjoy the delusion. President Trump is coming.

#2387 loogie

loogie

Chopped Liver

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:fun poker pics :)

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:57 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 19 December 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

So far 4 electors have changed their votes...from Hillary to Bernie

I read it was 3 to Colin Powell and 1 for the main Native American guy at the pipeline.

But whatever.

Anyone who was counting on the electoral college to change these results is delusional...mostly about why the Democrats lost in the first place. It wasn't because of Russia hacking, though they certainly appear to have wanted Trump to win/revenge on Hillary. It was because the DNC promised the nomination to Hillary because it was "her time." She was possibly the worst candidate they could have chosen, mostly because of how hugely they underestimated how despised she is, however unfairly the reasons for that may be. Additionally, they ran a terrible campaign. I'm With Her? Tweets about describing your feelings in emojis? Lena f'ing Dunham? Hey, how about visiting Wisconsin once instead? Jesus, it was bad. Meanwhile, the only person winning this election was going to be a populist candidate. Bernie probably could have won this thing, but the nomination was already in the bag for Hillary by some of the most out of touch idiots in politics.

Oh well. Four years with the most powerful person in the world being an actual insane person, here we come!

#2388 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,371 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:05 PM

I agree that the coronation method of choosing candidates had been awful for both parties.

If nothing else Trump had created the possibility that in the future the person running will be there because he/she won, not because they were chosen by the career politicians and the hidden powers in Washington.

That and realizing that Hollywood idiots should shut up and stick to entertaining us.

#2389 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,829 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:49 PM

Posted Image
Bob

#2390 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,371 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:00 PM

As someone in the hospitality business..it is true that once someone books a hotel room, the owners of that hotel will obey them forever.

It's why the Hilton are forced to buy Nutro Products dog food for all their pets, even their cats.

#2391 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,371 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

It's also true that all bank stocks globally have rallied because Trump is going to be head of DOJ, and all the things they did illegally while Obama was in charge will be pardoned because then they will forgive his loans.

Not like anyone doubts this. It's how Trump has always acted as president.

#2392 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,371 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

A tale of 2 Obamas

http://money.cnn.com...hina-fdic-hack/

Russia, a country that has recently invaded another country, we must use strong rhetoric to shame them for revealing true facts about political party in power.

China, we mustn't say or do anything that might be interpreted as not being very very nice.

#2393 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:35 AM

View Postloogie, on 19 December 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

It was because the DNC promised the nomination to Hillary because it was "her time."

Absolutely correct, and that sentiment loses elections 100% of the time on the left or the right.
It was "John Kerry's time", it was "John McCain's Time", it was "Bob Dole's Time", you can go back and see that same undercurrent in a ****ton of losing candidates, which really reflects out horrifyingly out of touch our current political system has become; to the point that they really don't give half a **** about what their constituency actually wants. Their only concern is the 'system' they're a part of and preserving its internal hierarchy.

Oh well. Four years with the most powerful person in the world being an actual insane person, here we come!

Yeah. And now this...

http://www.nbcnews.c...weapons-n699221

We're potentially really ****ed here. We have the first 4 years where his ego's sense of self-preservation and a desire for a 2nd term will keep his more horrifying impulses in check. After that, all bets are off.
“Merging feminist postcolonial science studies and feminist political ecology, the feminist glaciology framework generates robust analysis of gender, power, and epistemologies in dynamic social-ecological systems, thereby leading to more just and equitable science and human-ice interactions,”

#2394 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,829 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:54 AM

These freaking economically illiterate morons are going to start a trade war and put the entire World in recession. Oh well I guess the good news is that it won't matter once the nuclear war starts.

Trump’s Trade Agenda Would ‘Turn Back the Clock to Another Age’
Bob

#2395 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,829 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:14 AM

Petrov might be the biggest hero the World has ever seen.

Max Fisher ‏@Max_Fisher 38m38 minutes ago
One reason the nuclear arms race ended: it almost sparked global annihilation in 1983, spooking the US and USSR http://www.vox.com/2...5913/russia-war

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bob

#2396 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:19 PM

There was another one.

https://en.wikipedia...Vasili_Arkhipov

They were going to use nuclear torpedoes against the US Navy during the blockade of Cuba, which would've abolutely started a nuclear World War III. That one guy stood against it.

On 27 October 1962, during the Cuban Missile Crisis, a group of eleven United States Navy destroyers and the aircraft carrierUSS Randolph located the diesel-powered nuclear-armed Soviet Foxtrot-class submarine B-59 near Cuba. Despite being in international waters, the Americans started dropping practice signaling depth charges, explosives intended to force the submarine to come to the surface for identification. There had been no contact from Moscow for a number of days and, although the submarine's crew had earlier been picking up U.S. civilian radio broadcasts, once B-59 began attempting to hide from its U.S. Navy pursuers, it was too deep to monitor any radio traffic. Those on board did not know whether war had broken out or not.[5][6] The captain of the submarine, Valentin Grigorievitch Savitsky, decided that a war might already have started and wanted to launch a nuclear torpedo.[7]
Unlike the other subs in the flotilla, three officers on board the B-59 had to agree unanimously to authorize a nuclear launch: Captain Savitsky, the political officer Ivan Semonovich Maslennikov, and the second-in-command Arkhipov. Typically, Russian submarines armed with the "Special Weapon" only required the captain to get authorization from the political officer to launch a nuclear torpedo. However, due to Arkhipov's position as flotilla commander, the B-59's captain also was required to gain Arkhipov's approval. An argument broke out, with only Arkhipov against the launch.[8]

Even though Arkhipov was only second-in-command of the submarine B-59, he was in fact commander of the entire submarine flotilla, including the B-4, B-36 and B-130, and equal in rank to Captain Savitsky. According to author Edward Wilson, the reputation Arkhipov had gained from his courageous conduct in the previous year's Soviet submarine K-19 incident also helped him prevail.[7] Arkhipov eventually persuaded Savitsky to surface and await orders from Moscow. This effectively averted the nuclear warfare which probably would have ensued if the nuclear weapon had been fired.[9] The submarine's batteries had run very low and the air-conditioning had failed, so it was forced to surface amidst its U.S. pursuers and head home.[10] Washington's message that practice depth charges were being used to signal the submarine to surface never reached B-59, and Moscow claims it has no record of receiving it either.

It takes about 30 years for a society to forget every single lesson learned by some previous event that was so huge and epic at the time but is eventually whitewashed/idealized by history. We're right there with the nuclear situation of the 80's.
“Merging feminist postcolonial science studies and feminist political ecology, the feminist glaciology framework generates robust analysis of gender, power, and epistemologies in dynamic social-ecological systems, thereby leading to more just and equitable science and human-ice interactions,”

#2397 Scrim

Scrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

Your annoying orientalism and by-proxy concern for the well being of the Chinese economy can be overlooked here, since the much more pressing issue is that we're all about to die in an atomic shoah because Trump decides to bluff the wrong nuclear retards.

#2398 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:59 PM

Posted Image
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#2399 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,829 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:39 AM

This is pretty amazing. From 2014

https://twitter.com/...251796354269184

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
The global warming we should be worried about is the global warming caused by NUCLEAR WEAPONS in the hands of crazy or incompetent leaders!
Bob

#2400 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,371 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:37 AM

Trump has Nukes.

Anytime he wants, he can launch.

Anytime.

Bye China

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users