JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 882 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha H/L

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:49 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 11 December 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

he's bigly smart

Somebody pointed out that a narcissict wouldn't want to take intelligence briefings becuase there is no way they can accept being told that they won partly because of help from Russia etc.

The HillVerified account
‏@thehill
Trump suggests he doesn't need daily intelligence briefings: "I'm, like, a smart person."
http://hill.cm/PiC0Eg9
There you go again, posting click bait.

Total Comment would be nice.

"I'm, like, a smart person," the president-elect said during the interview.
"I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years. Could be eight years — but eight years. I don't need that."

Nothing there Bob
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain

#2362 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 11 December 2016 - 05:30 AM, said:

yup, I've paid no attention to the election at all

The election was super close and the difference between there being a President Clinton instead of a President Trump was very small.

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 20h20 hours ago
Clinton lost 4 states (FL, MI, WI, PA) by ~1 point. If not for Comey/Russia, she probably wins them all by ~2 points & strategy looks great.

Great we get a bunch of tweets from Nate Silver joining the Echo Chamber and doing his CYA since he totally blew it this election season.
He is just blowing hot air.

At least Larry Sabato has no problem eating Crow.

“We were wrong,” Sabato said. “The entire punditry industry, the entire polling industry, the entire analyst industry – and I want to use this opportunity to take my fair share of the blame – we were wrong.”
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain

#2363 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

View PostJustDoIt, on 11 December 2016 - 08:49 PM, said:

There you go again, posting click bait.

Total Comment would be nice.

"I'm, like, a smart person," the president-elect said during the interview.
"I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years. Could be eight years — but eight years. I don't need that."

Nothing there Bob

Wait, you mean context should be applied when a person speaks?

This means maybe what people say matters?

I'm just glad President Obama attended every single national security briefing.

Cause he's not that smart.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#2364 LMDIZZLE

LMDIZZLE

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit anything

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:38 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on 10 December 2016 - 03:54 AM, said:

Matt O'Brien ‏@ObsoleteDogma 8h8 hours ago
No big deal, Putin just did everything he could to get Trump elected, and it worked https://www.washingt...litics%2Bnation

Posted Image

Not to bring a little reality to the punch bowl but evidence that American media tried to influence this election towards Clinton is massively abundant. An investigation would take roughly 30 seconds.

The CIA, if anything, is pissed that something they have done for decades may have bit them on the ass, and it was done so well that they have no hard evidence and nothing except "Well, somebody didn't tattle on the other side as well."

My take on this is simple: so what? The Russians at worst made information available, that's if they even did it. What's the crime? They told us stuff?

It's funny how now that it's over the plethora of lies thrown at Trump have gone away. Where are the abused women? Shouldn't more exist? They should be lining up around the block by now.

It was all bullshit. The media did way, way more damage with the constant stream of lies. An argument can be made that it should have been an absolute landslide in Trumps direction, had we not been bombarded with constant MSM propoganda.

If anything, the CIA should be investigating our own media outlets.

#2365 LMDIZZLE

LMDIZZLE

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit anything

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:43 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on 06 December 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

Yea, glad you told us LMD.
Didn't know it was you.
Glad you are still around

Very much around. Life update coming.

#2366 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:56 PM

Between BG, Scoog, Justdoit, and Serge.

Over/under on how many of them fully believe the Pizzagate Conspiracy theory (Even if they wouldn't admit it here).

I'll set the line at 2.5.

Probably should be higher since Serge and BG are pretty much locks.

#2367 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

*Snap finger*

"Look Over Here"

"Pizzagate"

"Ignore the obvious trouncing of the 'Russians are Coming' fear mongering technique the leftist are trying to pass off."

"Ignore the fact they haven't brought it up except as a joke so far"

" I know what they think because all leftist know everything about people they've never met"

"Look over here:, not there"

#2368 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:32 PM

View PostDubey, on 13 December 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

Between BG, Scoog, Justdoit, and Serge.

Over/under on how many of them fully believe the Pizzagate Conspiracy theory (Even if they wouldn't admit it here).

Probably should be higher since Serge and BG are pretty much locks.
LOL, what the hell are you talking about. Must be when Obama flew Chris Sommers who owns a Pizza Resturant, from St Louis, Missouri, with a suitcase of dough, cheese and pans to to prepare food for the Obamas and their staff. What's confusing is that happened back in April 2009.

Yeah count me in I believe this happened back in 2009.

Mark Twain

#2369 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:40 PM

Good try, He knows you are a conspiracy theorist who believes everything that is said on Alex Jone's site.

Don't try to deny it.

He KNOWS

#2370 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:27 AM

View PostDubey, on 13 December 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

(Even if they wouldn't admit it here).

definitely over.

#2371 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:05 AM

Turns out Podesta is a russian

https://milo.yiannop...sta-email-spam/

#2372 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:43 AM

.yiannopoulos.net
For when the fake news websites aren't "red pill" enough go to a blog
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#2373 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:04 AM

Will Jordan ‏@williamjordann · 3h3 hours ago

Um, wow...

Net favorability of Putin:

Democrats
July 2014: -54
Dec 2016: -62

Republicans
July 2014: -66
Dec 2016: -10

(YouGov/Economist)

further proof that it is easier to rationalize away negative information than it is to change a deeply held belief.

#2374 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

View PostFenxis, on 14 December 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

.yiannopoulos.net
For when the fake news websites aren't "red pill" enough go to a blog
that quotes and links a New York Times article

Fyp

#2375 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

View PostDubey, on 14 December 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

further proof that it is easier to rationalize away negative information than it is to change a deeply held belief.

That's why I hate non-centrist parties. So much issues that deserve proper attention gets twisted into false ideological rationalization.

Like the cabinet choices.. given that most nominees have reasons to not like the department they are heading and likely will be hostile I could see the brain drain destroying America's domestic policy for 10s of decades.

#2376 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:41 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 14 December 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

Fyp

http://query.nytimes...authors/newest/

Where's the article on NYT?

#2377 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:49 PM

Again, I can explain...but I can't understand for you what you read.

#2378 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:24 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on 14 December 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

Again, I can explain...but I can't understand for you what you read.

So me questioning a web page "that quotes and links a New York Times article" without quoting or linking a NYT article makes me the dumb one?

And an image of an email showing how to change your password is suddenly a fishing attempt? Without any info on what the link actually pointed to? This one smells.

#2379 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,974 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:29 PM

U.S. Officials: Putin Personally Involved in U.S. Election Hack

U.S. intelligence officials now believe with "a high level of confidence" that Russian President Vladimir Putin became personally involved in the covert Russian campaign to interfere in the U.S. presidential election, senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.

Two senior officials with direct access to the information say new intelligence shows that Putin personally directed how hacked material from Democrats was leaked and otherwise used. The intelligence came from diplomatic sources and spies working for U.S. allies, the officials said.

Putin's objectives were multifaceted, a high-level intelligence source told NBC News. What began as a "vendetta" against Hillary Clinton morphed into an effort to show corruption in American politics and to "split off key American allies by creating the image that [other countries] couldn't depend on the U.S. to be a credible global leader anymore," the official said.

Ultimately, the CIA has assessed, the Russian government wanted to elect Donald Trump. The FBI and other agencies don't fully endorse that view, but few officials would dispute that the Russian operation was intended to harm Clinton's candidacy by leaking embarrassing emails about Democrats.

The latest intelligence said to show Putin's involvement goes much further than the information the U.S. was relying on in October, when all 17 intelligence agencies signed onto a statement attributing the Democratic National Committee hack to Russia.

The statement said officials believed that "only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities." That was an intelligence judgment based on an understanding of the Russian system of government, which Putin controls with absolute authority.

Now the U.S has solid information tying Putin to the operation, the intelligence officials say. Their use of the term "high confidence" implies that the intelligence is nearly incontrovertible.

"It is most certainly consistent with the Putin that I have watched and used to work with when I was an ambassador and in the government," said Michael McFaul, who was ambassador to Russia from 2012 to 2014.

"He has had a vendetta against Hillary Clinton, that has been known for a long time because of what she said about his elections back in the parliamentary elections of 2011. He wants to discredit American democracy and make us weaker in terms of leading the liberal democratic order. And most certainly he likes President-elect Trump's views on Russia," McFaul added. Clinton cast doubt on the integrity of Russia's elections.

As part of contingency planning for potential retaliation against Russia, according to officials, U.S. intelligence agencies have stepped up their probing into his personal financial empire.

American officials have concluded that Putin's network controls some $85 billion worth of assets, officials told NBC News.

Neither the CIA nor the Office of the Director of National Intelligence would comment.

A former CIA official who worked on Russia told NBC News that it's not clear the U.S. can embarrass Putin, given that many Russians are already familiar with allegations he has grown rich through corruption and has ordered the killings of political adversaries.

But a currently serving U.S. intelligence official said that there are things Putin is sensitive about, including anything that makes him seem weak.

The former CIA official said the Obama administration may feel compelled to respond before it leaves office.

"This whole thing has heated up so much," he said. "I can very easily see them saying, `We can't just say wow, this was terrible and there's nothing we can do.'"
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#2380 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,974 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:01 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 14 December 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

Max Boot ‏@MaxBoot 4m4 minutes ago
Real news here is US intel estimate that "Putin network" controls $85 billion. He's probably richest man in world.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users