Us Politics For Betting (Not Talking About Politics)

• Please log in to reply
3205 replies to this topic

#61 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:38 AM

Allegedly. Nothing has been said other than the FBI has found deleted emails. It's been reported before the silently goes away only to come back again.

I'll be honest though and say I dont care. I'm not naive to believe that all politicians at any level have not done things they shouldn't. If definitive proof ever comes out then I have the human ability to reevaluate my choices. Till then I won't lose sleep over it.

I know we are on different sides of the spectrum on how we perceive the government. I'm too tired to argue with you if it comes to that. I honestly care little. I'll vote for who won't **** me financially. That's all I care about. Me and my family. Emails don't hurt my family. Not at this time. ;)

#62 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,825 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:40 AM

the most entertaining contest would be a ticket of Trump-Palin vs Sanders - Elizabeth Warren
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#63 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,808 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:14 AM

Could you all please respect Biatchs desire to have this thread about gambling, and not about politics. Thank you very much for your consideration and understanding gentlemen.

#64 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 25 September 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

Could you all please respect Biatchs desire to have this thread about gambling, and not about politics. Thank you very much for your consideration and understanding gentlemen.

Done! I hate talking about politics. Sorry.

#65 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,808 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:35 AM

Hey, I was just joking. I cant help but laugh every time I see the thread title.

Talk about whatever you want, not my forum!

#66 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostiBeaver, on 25 September 2015 - 06:21 AM, said:

It's hard to say who could run away with it. This country makes zero sense to me. I Get people like that Trump will say whatever's in his mind with no usual filter that is associated with campaigning but he will simply destroy this country of he actually became president.

Bush is someone who I could possibly see myself voting for as he's pretty moderate for a republican. But he has no chance because people associate him with his brother. People don't realize Jeb is the good son.

I'll be voting Clinton or Biden. Whichever gets the nomination. I don't see a non radical R winning the nom so my mind has already been made. If Bush gets it then I would pay more attention when the real race starts. I have no issue with Clinton. The email thing is stupid. Oh we found some bad emails! Then nothing ever comes out. She made a mistake but in the end there was no real crime committed. Get over it. She's more than qualified. But I'd take Biden over her in a heartbeat.

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 25 September 2015 - 06:24 AM, said:

Didn't she destroy evidence?

She sent and received thousands of personal emails using a private server, which is pretty iffy for a government official, especially a high-ranking one, since everything they do for the government has to be on government servers so they can be read if need be. First she lied about doing it, then she said they were all personal, but the FBI has found that they weren't. So basically she conducted significant high-ranking government business in secrecy, and there's no way of knowing what or how much because it's gone (fact that it is deleted isn't that suspicious necessary, since private servers wouldn't normally hold things forever).

For a career politician to conduct business directly related to her high office on private servers is an impressively terrible and obviously wrong thing to do, even if you aren't Dale. We'll never really know the extent or harm tbh. Then again, most of us believe that the government does all sorts of secret stuff that we'll never know about and they'd lie through their teeth about, so the fact that one person was doing it in a way that hid it from other government officials doesn't really mean that much and we'll just have to hope it would have come out if she was actually selling nukes to Syria or something.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#67 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 25 September 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

You know what? This is very accurate, and in a non-sarcastic way. My apologies to Biatch and the gamblers. I'll take any future actual politics talk elsewhere!

#68 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,245 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:26 PM

View Postserge, on 24 September 2015 - 09:55 PM, said:

Hey Daniel..Wouldnt Trump be good for our cause...He spoke out against Adelson the other day and I am assuming he would be for online poker?

He could run on the platform of online poker regulation and tout PokerStars, but I could never support this guy. He is drawing completely dead anyway. Of late, he has been totally losing his mind attacking CNN reporters for simply sharing facts that they had video evidence of.
Posted Image

#69 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,245 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:28 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on 25 September 2015 - 05:42 AM, said:

I totally agree with you guys on Biden. I was referring to how he is sometimes portrayed and/or how he might be portrayed in comedy. The fact that his name is boring, he looks boring and his role is to be the less-controversial second-banana to a lightning rod president).

I think if he runs instead of Clinton, this election is over before it starts. Though, I'd imagine most people at the time didn't know that Clinton was doing some so stupid. Plus, then we wouldn't be getting the Trump show, and Republicans wouldn't have had to confront that their party is not the party of fiscal conservatives, faith-based families and thoughtful dissenters, but instead are a bunch of crazy racist war-mongering morons.

I love Biden, but I don't think he wins honestly. He has run two campaigns already and I don't see him winning this one. If you are bored checkout www.isidewith.com I got smokin' Joe Biden!
Posted Image

#70 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,620 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:45 AM

Daniel, are you eligible to vote in both countries?
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#71 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,825 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:51 AM

Posted Image
Bob

#72 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:13 AM

Hope you all put money on Rubio at 4.5 to 1 like earlier in the thread, after last nights debate, he is now the favourite at 2.6 to 1
--------------------------------------

Follow me on twitter

http://twitter.com/Ottawa_Biatch

#73 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:22 AM

Wow, I was coming in here to say to bet on Rubio, didn't realize the odds were actually now in his favour, considering the polls still have him way behind the jokers.

It'll be hilarious when Ben Carson is president though and he can say things like that it's "propaganda" to suggest he has any relationship with a company that he has given multiple speeches for, helped pay for him to get a position at a university, appeared in several commercials for, and has promoted in very public venues multiple times over the last 10 years (and then shills for at the end of his rant about not having a relationship with them).

Though I prefer Trump's position of calling out bad mainstream media by referring to a quote on his own personal website.

Funny that in a room full of legitimately crazy people, guys like Rubio and Kasich can appear sane.

Since this is a betting thread, I'll only point out that Rubio being the betting favourite and presumed least offensive person is probably not worth betting at anything near to favourite dollars, given the way the campaign and polling has been so far. I know all the stat people say to ignore the noise around Trump and Carson, but we're also well into unchartered territory, so statistics and historical trends have limited usefulness. Also the fact that Rubio's "record" is a disliked senator of the United States' worst state, and has never polled particularly highly among Hispanic voters, so I'd be concerned how well he'll really do even after the field gets cut down.

Seems easy to point out all the non-crazies will pull together against Carson or Trump when the field narrows, but you have to allow that many Carson voters will go to Trump and vice-versa, and combined, they've polled at 50% or so through the whole campaign, and Carson seems to be gaining as he becomes increasingly nuts, which will really pull in the Trump supporters.

#74 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

Late on the Rubio train, but a good explanation on why he is a good bet despite meh polling numbers:

http://fivethirtyeig..._cid=538twitter

#75 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:50 AM

I said this like 4 months ago and everyone ignored me.
--------------------------------------

Follow me on twitter

http://twitter.com/Ottawa_Biatch

#76 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,620 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:01 AM

Some still are ;)
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#77 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,702 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:16 AM

Today's flavor of the day in the news is the Starbucks issue with Merry xmas..They are taking it off of their cups.

I agree with Donald Trump and lots of others that this is totally wrong...I have many muslim and Jewish friends that are not offended by the term Merry Xmas.
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#78 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,825 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:31 AM

View Postserge, on 10 November 2015 - 06:16 AM, said:

Today's flavor of the day in the news is the Starbucks issue with Merry xmas..They are taking it off of their cups.

I agree with Donald Trump and lots of others that this is totally wrong...I have many muslim and Jewish friends that are not offended by the term Merry Xmas.

‘Starbucks Hates Jesus’ Viral Video Star Gets Owned on CNN
Bob

#79 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:55 AM

It is stupid. I read something the other day where it said

If you're Jewish say to me happy Hannakuh
If your Christian say to me merry Christmas
If you're African day Joyus Kwanzaa
If you don't fall into anything say happy holidays.
Either way I won't be offended because I'm just happy you said something nice to me.

#80 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,825 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:05 AM

The whole issue is stupid.

Starbucks has a Christmas coffee blend in their stores. Their cups never said Merry Christmas before but had things like tree ornaments and snowmen on them. This year they went with plain red cups which it turns out wasn't a smart move on their part.

Anybody who is offended by anybody having overt Christmas themes or is offended by there being none is an idiot.
Bob

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users