Us Politics For Betting (Not Talking About Politics)

• Please log in to reply
3275 replies to this topic

#3261 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 07 November 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

So the shooter was a white guy who was dishonorably discharged for assaulting his wife and child; and escaped from a mental institution, and had guns.

And if he was black, weíd be hearing about BLM. And funny how Fox and Sinclair donít talk about why he was able to pass a background check, as the military apparently wasnít satisfied with failing its duty to actually support a violent manís integration into society, but doubles down by regularly failing to report the type of violation (violent crimes and domestic assault) that make it illegal to buy a gun.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#3262 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on 07 November 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

As someone said on Twitter, even if the regulations stop one mass shooting per year, isnít that enough?

Pretty sure I said the same thing yesterday. Look up.

#3263 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:49 PM

Tonight's elections are crazy. I wasn't to into it but looking at the results...Trump has rallied his enemies. What happened in Virginia tonight could be really bad for the GOP.

First Asian woman elected. First black woman elected. First trans elected. First time in a long time where Democrats will have veto power over Virginia's next post-census electoral map.

VA has always leaned blue but all over the place the votes are going against everything Trump and his little racist garbage sheep followers stand for.

#3264 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:20 AM

View PostiBeaver, on 07 November 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

Trump has rallied his enemies. What happened in Virginia tonight could be really bad for the GOP.

The problem with the left wing is that they traditionally disenfranchised around due to Dems centralist politics and therefore rally around their pet projects "Save the Whales" etc.

I think this is a wake-up call that:

a. while you might not want to vote FOR the Democrats, as they probably won't champion your pet project, you certainly probably want to vote AGAINST the Republicans
b. you have to be a little crazy to want to get into politics but for 2018 / 2020 it seems like more quality candidates are stepping up.
c. while the new ight-wing political MO is throwing out bagfuls of lies you can't just throw up your hands and walk away; because the undecided will latch on to some smear and go with it [though admittedly the smear is a political gambit that everyone uses]
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#3265 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:03 PM

more unfit for office. Roy Moore or Donald Trump ?
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#3266 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 09 November 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

more unfit for office. Roy Moore or Donald Trump ?

Tie? Hate to say. Both psychos. Both predators. Both racist.

In Moores defense, in 75 the age of consent in hillbilly land was 12. But in the other hand 30 sources allege more than one case of harassment.

I think it's a tie. But Louie CK should be shot in a firing squad because he's not a republican this guilty as anyone could ever be.

#3267 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,761 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:35 PM

View PostiBeaver, on 09 November 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

In Moores defense, in 75 the age of consent in hillbilly land was 12. But in the other hand 30 sources allege more than one case of harassment.

I think it's a tie. But Louie CK should be shot in a firing squad because he's not a republican this guilty as anyone could ever be.

Louis CK would like to FaceTime with you 😉😉😉😉😉
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#3268 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:36 PM

Not close. Moore is gross, but at least he is sane and coherent. The people that voted for him know that he puts religion over state, (which should be disqualifying, but thereís some impressive cognitive dissonance), but he really isnít much different than what they voted for.

Trump is the President, and I donít think he understands the most basic parts of any aspect of his job. He thinks that because, on net, Americans spend more money on Chinese goods than vice-versa, we are ďlosingĒ that money. As if...the goods that were received for that money just donít exist. I donít even know where to start with that. I have to think even his supporters have to be shocked at his inability to grasp even basics of economics, taxes, health care, foreign affairs, management, damage control, communication, etc. His inability to pass any significant legislation despite control of all levels of the government is unorecedently inept.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#3269 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:41 PM

View PostiBeaver, on 09 November 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

Posted Image
Bob

#3270 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:59 PM

Instead of a celebrity deathpool apparently we need celebrity/politician pedopool :(
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#3271 doox

doox

Hip-deep in Shallow Tenacity

• Members
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:55 PM

Jim Wright is an excellent writer, and pens a lot of essays for his site: Stone Kettle Station.

This article was particularly strong, IMO, and his one line really sticks with me and explains a lot about how he got elected: "Trump is what stupid people think a smart guy sounds like."

https://www.facebook...505330029502395

QUOTE (serge @ Friday, May 15th, 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This isnt a troll post, or something to upset the masses ...however:

If the Penguins win the Stanley Cup, I will stop watching hockey for a full year.

This is a 100% true story.

#3272 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:13 AM

View Postdoox, on 09 November 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

Jim Wright is an excellent writer, and pens a lot of essays for his site: Stone Kettle Station.

This article was particularly strong, IMO, and his one line really sticks with me and explains a lot about how he got elected: "Trump is what stupid people think a smart guy sounds like."

without reading the article I have read that thought expanded as well.

Trump is a stupid person's idea of a smart person. A stupid person's idea of a rich person. A stupid person's idea of a strong person.
Bob

#3273 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:17 AM

View Postdoox, on 09 November 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

I read the article, he is spot on.
Bob

#3274 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,894 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:19 AM

agree, spot on.

This section from the article is something that I have always believed in, and the people I respect most in this world act like this:

You know how you can tell which guy in the room was actually a Navy SEAL?
He's the one that doesn't brag, doesn't threaten, doesn't engage in bluster. He's the quiet confident fellow in the back, the one you didn't notice. He doesn't have to prove anything to anybody, he knows who and what he is and he doesn't give a tinker's damn what you think of him. It's the swaggering pompous ******* spinning outrageous war stories and constantly trying to prove his manhood that's the fraud.
Those who've been there can tell the difference at a glance.
Those who haven't, listen to the fraud with rapt attention and eyes as big as saucers.

#3275 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:00 AM

I feel better knowing that this guy has more guns than anybody else

https://twitter.com/...710206770606080
Bob

#3276 doox

doox

Hip-deep in Shallow Tenacity

• Members
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:42 PM

Well I know where I'm going when the zombie apocalypse hits.

QUOTE (serge @ Friday, May 15th, 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This isnt a troll post, or something to upset the masses ...however:

If the Penguins win the Stanley Cup, I will stop watching hockey for a full year.

This is a 100% true story.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users